DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

Yeah, I always dug on those January HA-HUGE Tokyo Dome shows. But over the years I havent found a great source for news and video(ahem...any suggestions would be appreished) on our friends in Japan.

Hell, I guess it'd be nearly impossible to create the infamous long ass walkway at the DOME in this game?!

One other thing;

Hows the "CREATE-A-STORYLINE" feature in this game? It might be strange but I've always liked this part of the game alot. Did they add any new stuff to this part of the game? (And hey, feel free to share a few created storylines you've made in the past-I'd love to read what my fellow geniuses have thought up...whether it be bat shit crazy or just plain brilliant and everything in between.)

Well we talked about it for eight pages before and after the event here (includes pictures), and the full show was posted here :)  I mean there are a handful of puroresu websites but we always discuss the bigger cards in the Japan section of DVDVR if nothing else.

• Like 1

It censors normal words thinking they are swear words.

You don't know that you've been censored until you upload the story.  Then it cuts out everything.

I can't say "Hello my name is Yoshi Tatsu" because it has shit in there

I can't say Spike Dudley because Spike is a euphamism for a dick

don't even think about Dirty Dick Slater

One of the years you couldn't say Cody for some reason

You couldn't say Santino for a while

You can't say title because tit is in it

You can't say muppet ever

Not sure if you can't say Assist or Assault or Assassin and I'm not going to check

• Like 1

You don't know that you've been censored until you upload the story.  Then it cuts out everything.

Not sure if you can't say Assist or Assault or Assassin and I'm not going to check

I was joking with what I said earlier, but that shit is hilarious.

There was a Giant Bomb video where they found out that the phrase "Rival Wrestling Promotion" was censored. Now, I don't know if it's the word 'wrestling' or that phrase specifically but either way, it's pretty hilarious how much you can't say. You basically begin sounding like Michael Cole and his WWE lingo.

I've been wracking my brain for a couple days now trying to figure out what "muppet" could be slang or a euphemism for.  Imagining all sorts of crazy things.  Trying to remember if anyone's ever come up to me in a bar and said "Yeah, me and the waitress, we muppeted 14 times last night."

Unless it has something to do with, ahem, furries, I have no idea.

So in other words, the created story line option hasn't added anything new(even though they led us astray by telling us it was in the game...pisser.

And I never did see what happened to dude's promotion that involve ROH and bringing in fresh meat go to the NXT once a wrassler started kicking enough ass to make it in the promotion....ah hell, I'm confused.

Anyways...

k36fpy.jpg

Ric Flair: "DR, WHOOOOOO!!!?"

They actually patched this. Mostly takes care of audio errors like the silent announcer in title matches, but also made slightly larger create an arena apron logos (kind of small still), and then a shitload of censorship in story mode because you could beat up divas and stuff with dudes

The next UFC game would greatly benefit from a Rousey Streak mode where she armbars you out of fucking nowhere. I had an awesome HHH-Taker match in the Streak mode where I got the Hell's Gate locked onto me twice, and did the Rampage powerbomb counter TWICE and countered the tombstome twice before eventually beating him.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally diving into this a little bit more and having a good deal of fun though I'm getting really frustrated trying to pin SCSA right after the QTE Rock Bottom in Rock/Austin 3 (I'm up thru 2008, and that's the only match I haven't been able to get every historical goal on).  I don't seem to have the mindset to really use Universe mode to its fullest, so I've been reduced to just playing Cesaro and trying to get him into more interesting programs.

• 2 weeks later...

What the fuck is this shit? Where's Piper? His model is a guest ref at WM X, but he isn't DLC or anywhere else. Lame!

I must say 30 years of WM is pretty dope up untill the Ruthless Aggression era. I started to lose interest after WM 18.