DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Returns to WWE

3 hours ago, just drew said:

Tough day to be William Regal…

Why? Regal likes Vince and vice versa. Apparently Regal was even allowed to start working for AEW when he still had a month on his contract and was paid still for said month. 

Warner isn't interested in spending money on anything that's not Batman and Joker.  They are even considering letting the NBA on TNT go if the price is too steep. 

WWE to NBC/Universal has made the most sense.  

Disney would put WWE right out of business.  They don't even know how to market Star Wars or Pixar anymore. Feige is the only guy there who has a clue. 

• Like 1

Most of us thought it was likely Vince would be back in charge. I don't think he's just going to come in and start releasing the people he'd just cut within the last year of him being in charge. More likely most of them will likely not be used or not on the main programming. Honestly Vince probably won't remember who he let go the first time around. People like Nick Kahn would probably tell Vince to be careful of who he releases and the pace he does it because I imagine it wouldn't be a good look to release guys that he recently cut and was bought back while he was gone to avoid backlash.

1 hour ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

I like how in this image shows Vince turning away from his family toward George and Michelle

GeorgeBarriosMichelleWilson.jpg

Vince putting his hands near his genitals in the presence of a lady checks out.

Also love Steph hanging onto Daddy for dear life.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Why? Regal likes Vince and vice versa. Apparently Regal was even allowed to start working for AEW when he still had a month on his contract and was paid still for said month. 

I’m sure he does. I just wouldn’t have any faith that Vince has changed his views on the purpose of nXt in the few months he’s been away…

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Most of us thought it was likely Vince would be back in charge. I don't think he's just going to come in and start releasing the people he'd just cut within the last year of him being in charge. More likely most of them will likely not be used or not on the main programming. Honestly Vince probably won't remember who he let go the first time around. People like Nick Kahn would probably tell Vince to be careful of who he releases and the pace he does it because I imagine it wouldn't be a good look to release guys that he recently cut and was bought back while he was gone to avoid backlash.

I don't think it was most of us as much there were some people who thought Vince would never leave as head of creative. 

I am of the mind that Vince coming back in ANY capacity is going create a tug of war over control of the company unless it is strictly and only to sell the company. Vince McMahon is not a rational human being. If he was one, he never would have been forced out in the first place. Moreover, coming back does nothing for the WWE overall especially in light of people (mostly the talent) saying they love the new direction of the company. Yes, obviously if asked, they aren't going to say otherwise. However, if it wasn't the case, people would have fought for Vince to stay. Like I said BEFORE he got ousted, there wasn't a soul that I saw who fought the good fight for him to stick around. Keep in mind, just because the investigation the Board of Directors or whomever had is closed doesn't mean Vince doesn't carry that odor around with him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Why does WWE "need" Vince to sell the company anyway?  i thought that was khan's specialty? 

He still owns the majority of the voting power in the company. If he doesn’t vote yes to a deal, it doesn’t happen.

So am I right to think that this is Vince being all "well, if i can't have it...none of you can"? The company is doing good for once...well financially anyway. He really thought he was going to run it till he died and even then he'd still run it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I don't think it was most of us as much there were some people who thought Vince would never leave as head of creative. 

I am of the mind that Vince coming back in ANY capacity is going create a tug of war over control of the company unless it is strictly and only to sell the company. Vince McMahon is not a rational human being. If he was one, he never would have been forced out in the first place. Moreover, coming back does nothing for the WWE overall especially in light of people (mostly the talent) saying they love the new direction of the company. Yes, obviously if asked, they aren't going to say otherwise. However, if it wasn't the case, people would have fought for Vince to stay. Like I said BEFORE he got ousted, there wasn't a soul that I saw who fought the good fight for him to stick around. Keep in mind, just because the investigation the Board of Directors or whomever had is closed doesn't mean Vince doesn't carry that odor around with him.

So some thoughts on this:

1) There's no tug-of-war over control of the company. Vince has control of the company. He owns 40% of the shares. He owns 80% of the voting power. There's nothing that anyone can do about any of that. If the Board of Directors was to get approached by Disney about buying the company, literally the only person who matters is Vince. 

2) But a huge sticking point -- and this is a huge one -- is that the Securities and Exchange Commission is looking into Vince's hush money payments and how he slushed around company money to make that happen. The WWE had to go back in its disclosures to the investing universe and say "Hey, because of what Vince did, we made less money then we initially said we did." I can't stress enough how fucking bad a look that is. 

The number one responsibility of any company's board of directors is to make sure they're acting in the best interests of shareholders. Not doing so opens you up to a lot of liability. I can't see how anyone can say with a straight face that bringing back the dude who perved on employees and used company money to keep them quiet and opening the entire company up to an investigation from federal regulators is in the best interests of shareholders. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

So am I right to think that this is Vince being all "well, if i can't have it...none of you can"? The company is doing good for once...well financially anyway. He really thought he was going to run it till he died and even then he'd still run it.

Bit of column A, but based on what John Ourand predicted not too long ago, a potential sale probably isn't that far off. I don't think it was a coincidence that around that time we also got Vince's delusional take that he got bad advice about stepping down. I think it's more "I need to be a part of this sale cause it's my baby". In actuality, if the WWE was a kid, child protective services would have intervened a LONG time ago before they actually did.

Yeah I was gonna say, one of the things I vaguely recall is that due to the way things went with Vince leaving him coming back would bring in all sorts of potential SEC problems into play. Given that the investigation into him by WWE wrapped up in November and he apparently started this push in December... I mean, if I were the SEC I'd raise an eyebrow over that.

9 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

So some thoughts on this:

1) There's no tug-of-war over control of the company.

2) But a huge sticking point -- and this is a huge one -- is that the Securities and Exchange Commission is looking into Vince's hush money payments and how he slushed around company money to make that happen. The WWE had to go back in its disclosures to the investing universe and say "Hey, because of what Vince did, we made less money then we initially said we did." I can't stress enough how fucking bad a look that is. 

I can't see how anyone can say with a straight face that bringing back the dude who perved on employees and used company money to keep them quiet and opening the entire company up to an investigation from federal regulators is in the best interests of shareholders. 

As a fictional Nazi once said, that's A BINGO.

There was a tug of war once before or else his ass would have never left in the first place, regardless of who actually has control on paper. We know too much about Vince and that he had to leave via proverbial gunpoint.

It's never too late for WWE to reverse course and say, "hey, we will never sell...SIKE! J/K".

• Like 1

If Vince McMahon comes back, I'm out. I don't want to see the improvements under Triple H undone especially the secondary championships importance again for the first time in many years. Fuck Vince McMahon for what he's done.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

If Vince McMahon comes back, I'm out. I don't want to see the improvements under Triple H undone especially the secondary championships importance again for the first time in many years. Fuck Vince McMahon for what he's done.

Oh, don't worry. If this goes how I see it going, yeah that won't be happening.

• Thanks 1

I imagine that lawsuit that the Board said they weren't going to bring on behalf of the Shareholders if Vince left of his own accord and didn't come back is probably back on the table and will be the next step.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, zendragon said:

I still think its crazy that after all the stuff Vince has been accused of Rape, Murder cover up, drugs paying off his secretary is what did him in. It's like Al Capone being sent to Alcatraz for tax evasion 

Is there anything stopping Vince from taking WWE private again?