DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Returns to WWE

Just now, John E. Dynamite said:

Vince really should have announced this between the co-main and main of Wrestle Kingdom. Too bad Bushiroad spent all their scratch on Sasha ;(

I will only take it if he came out with the same colored wig/highlights and slayed the Tokyo Dome like a bad bitch would.

How has no one made a TV show about this? This is literally your goldmine right here. More awards and ratings than Succession. GLOW about a small little promotion that barely made it out of the 80s got a hit, acclaimed show, surely the WWE backroom drama politics show would blow it out of the water.

4 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

I have a real bad feeling Nakamura's going back in the doghouse

Reminds me of Regal being on track for the World Title before his Wellness Violation

Regal said that incident was a blessing in disguise because he was going to dark places for his method acting and some such. His comments about that whole thing were weird, but he denied he took anything and doesn't know why he pissed hot.

Edited by TheVileOne

8 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

How has no one made a TV show about this? This is literally your goldmine right here. More awards and ratings than Succession. GLOW about a small little promotion that barely made it out of the 80s got a hit, acclaimed show, surely the WWE backroom drama politics show would blow it out of the water.

The Billions writers are all wrestling fans and constantly work pro wrestling references into the scripts. That show's getting stale anyway, might as well make the lead character a billionaire wrestling promoter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dog said:

So Vince is hiring back the two people he replaced with Nick Khan?

d3e9439a32d35b5524b1cfbe0e6383e245271f40

Rehiring Barrios and Wilson is akin to how the WWF did a 6 or 7 month Invasion storyline with Vince playing the babyface to save the company from these invaders only for him to 2 1/2 months later bring in the NWO to destroy it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

William_Regal_Abe_Simpson_Turn_Around_Recursive_Hellscape.gif

I wonder if Vince's long game was to always sell to NBC and this is just him nuking everything to make sure it happens.

Vince spiteful? No....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

The Billions writers are all wrestling fans and constantly work pro wrestling references into the scripts. That show's getting stale anyway, might as well make the lead character a billionaire wrestling promoter.

"You just blew up your family for Vance MacMann?"

"I'm Corporate The Rock, mother fucker! Smell what I'm cookin'!"

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

WWE’s market cap is 5 billion. The Khans are worth 12 billion…

Hell yeah let’s call LBO Lio, get levered up and do this thing. Someone make a reservation at Club La Vela.

Does anyone know Jason Hervey's current liquidity?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, just drew said:

Mercedes might wanna take that Khan $ now before there’s more mass releases and it gets scarce…

For as much shit as TK gets, I don't think he would do what Watts did in WCW when WWF had a shit ton of turnover where he essentially traded Hall, Nash, and Matt Borne for like roid gut Hercules Hernandez, Tony Atlas, and well past his prime JYD. Even on the chance there is something like that, AEW isn't hiring all those people. They didn't do the last few rounds of cuts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

For as much shit as TK gets, I don't think he would do what Watts did in WCW when WWF had a shit ton of turnover where he essentially traded Hall, Nash, and Matt Borne for like roid gut Hercules Hernandez, Tony Atlas, and well past his prime JYD. Even on the chance there is something like that, AEW isn't hiring all those people. They didn't do the last few rounds of cuts.

The point is that WWE selling to Disney or whoever and trimming the roster means leverage for free agents goes bye-bye.

Sasha might be Tessa-ing herself out of the business (at least in America) - Vince would never let her back after walking out.

Now I could see Tony Khan making a pitch to Warner Bros. Discovery for the Khans and Warner to partner in buying WWE - Tony gets partial ownership and runs the company, Warner gets the prestigious WWE brand and library.

Edited by Dolphman 3000

1 minute ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

The point is that WWE selling to Disney or whoever and trimming the roster means leverage for free agents goes bye-bye.

Sasha might be Tessa-ing herself out of the business (at least in America) - Vince would never let her back after walking out.

Now I could see Tony Khan making a pitch to WarnerMedia for the Khans and Warner to partner in buying WWE - Tony gets partial ownership and runs the company, Warner gets the prestigious WWE brand and library.

Well, thing is much like I've said about MMA free agency in the MMA forum over the last several years, I doubt they had leverage to begin with. Much like people made a big deal about Bellator being a free agency destination a few years ago, just like AEW, after awhile it was only the best and the brightest. AEW ain't signing Nia Jax, and I doubt they had any interest to begin with.

Tessa's thing is something entirely different. Plus, I don't think Tessa is that enamored with the wrestling business especially being still fairly young. Plus, you don't know Vince will do. Shit, Vince said Warrior wouldn't be back. Guess what? Came back and they let that motherfucker try to coerce them into selling his comic book. Then after getting kicked out again got put into the HOF despite being homophobic and sexist. As long as she remains viable, Mercedes will be fine.

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The funniest possible outcome here would definitely involve Bischoff moving to Connecticut again. 

Bischoff getting hired by Warner Bros. Discovery to spearhead their WWE bid, effectively taking over WWE and getting AEW knocked off of cable television would be much funnier

Eric wins the Monday Night Wars, it just takes him an extra 22 years

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, piranesi said:

If they sell to Warner/Discovery there is a pretty good chance all the best stuff in the vault is buried forever as a tax writeoff.

CrazyMax admins, who have been on the verge of bankruptcy ever since DVDs started dying off: "oh now you come crawling back"