DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 1/11/2023

The Natural

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

Never let people talk you out of expressing yourself. 

You’re right. I forgot “pretentious” in front of “shitty haired” and “mark-ass” in front of “skinny-fat.” I think I’m good now…

• Haha 2

Oh Man!  HANGMAN! MOX!  X! BILLY ZOOM!  They beat the crap out of each other.  MOX takes it to the mat.  SWEET GERMAN SUPLEX by Mox!  And another!  Hangman bumps big to the floor into the rail!  GNARLY Lariat by Hangman!  Well, this match is fucking GREAT.  KING KONG LARIAT for TWO!  During picture in picture, MOX kicks Hangman in the head several times.  MOX applies the Stepover Toehold Front Facelock!  He switches to Sleeper Hold and HAngman counters with a Vertical Suplex and an EMORMOUS Lariat!  They return to beating the living dogshit out of each other.  Yeah.  This match is motherfucking great.  ORIHARA MOONSAULT by Hangman! DEATHRIDER!  FOR TWO!  BULLDOG CHOKE!  But not really sunk in!  PILEDRIVER!  FOR ONE!  MOX flips off the COWBOY SHIT crowd!  MOX is so awesome.  Hangman hits the Big Bang Theory!  They return to beating the living fuck out of each other.  LARIAT! BUCKSHOT LARIAT! HANGMAN WINS! HANGMAN WINS!  Well, that was fucking great.  Ah, MOX GOES ON VACATION!  FINALLY!  AWESOME! ADAM COLE!  HE'S BACK!  YES!  PUT THE BELTS ON HIM!  What a GREAT promo!  PUT EVERY BELT ON HIM!  Big Bill and Lee Moriarty are taking on Jack Perry and Hook!  I would think this will booked six ways to Sunday since this is of the TNAcclaimed vs Jeff Jarrett/Jay Lethal match ilk.  Perry and Lee go TOTAL WAHOO!  Hook and Lee are fun in the ring together!  FUCKERY BY HATHAWAY!  Oh no!  Big Bill tags in!  Bill and Lee are a great with the heel double teaming.  Lee and Bill CUT OFF THE RING in picture in picture!  Lee makes with the chinlock!  Keylock Lift by Perry!  The crowd becomes UNGLUED when Big Bill and Hook stare each other down!  Hook EVENTUALLY T-Bone Tazplexes Big Bill!  SNARETRAP ON LEE!  That was fun.  KONOSUKE TAKESHITA!  MJF?  Awesome!  He channels Rick Rude!  That was fun!  BRYAN DANIELSON!  BLUE THUNDER TAKEOVER!  They go TOTAL WAHOO!  TakeshitaLine!  GREAT set up for the BLUE THUNDER BOMB!  JESUS! DOUBLE WAHOO by Cinnebon Boy!  TWO MORE TIMES!  Jesus!  It's Wahoo versus Wahoo!  Picture in picture TREE OF WOE!  TOPROPE LARIAT by TAKESHITA!   FOR TWO!  BRAINBUSTER ON THE FLOOR by SOUP!  LaBelle Lock but Soup hits the ropes!  They OPT to beat the living fuck out of other to set up a FUCKING ENORMOUS LARIAT by KONOSUKE TAKESHITA!  EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX FOR TWO!  KNEE BY AMDRAG FOR TWO!  REGAL STRETCH FOR THE WIN!  Jesus Christ, that was fucking awesome.  Saraya!  TONI STORM!  JAMIE motherfucking HAYTER!  Britt Baker!  REBA! REBA! REBA!  Hayter is OVER in Los Angeles!  Toni Storm got the memo from Toni Storm that we are laying it in now.  Jamie Hayter REALLY got the memo!  VARIATION ON WRECKED EM!  Saraya lays it in!  Hayter is making Saraya look great!  Baker tags in after Storm TOTALLY turns heel.  This match is fucking great!  In a the Acclaimed/Jarrett/Lethal way.  MAN!  Storm and Hayter need a rematch yesterday.  Saraya looks pretty good in this.  WRECKED EM in the corner by Storm!  TOPROPE AIR RAID CRASH by Baker FOR TWO!  GREAT GERMAN SUPLEX by Storm!  Hikaru Shida throws in the kendo stick and Baker hits Storm with it!  Hayter CRUSHES Storm with a Short Lariat and gets the pin!  It's weird that THIS was either the third or fourth best match tonight because it was really good.  Everybody needs to turn already!  DADDY MAGIC'S NIPPLES ARE HARD BECAUSE JAKE HAGAR POWERBOMBED RICKY STARKS THROUGH A TABLE!  Hey!  It's Ricky Starks!   It's Action Andretti!  It's an overall confusing batch of promos!  It's like Rin and Stimpy- I WANT TO SAY THE LOUD WORDS!  I'm excited about the JAS beating the shit out of Action Andretti.  I assume they start with Garcia and then Sammy.   KENNY IS SPORTIN THE IWGP US TITLE!  The crowd is MOLTEN!  This is a WHOLE BUNCHA STUFF!  They CRUSH Kenny's nether regions with a ladder in picture in picture!  WACKY STUFF OFF LADDERS!  Kenny takes a Poison Rana like PSYCHO!  V TRIGGER ONTO ALEX (who trained at the Hart Dungeon)!  ONE WING ANGEL OFF THE LADDER!  Jesus, Kenny and the Bucks need to buy Rey Fenix a What-A-Burger.  Rey was the all-star of that series!  On to losing these belts to United Empire!  I'm glad that it's only 7 o'clock in California, because I can't IMAGINE not being completely fried by the end of ALL THAT.  Possibly the best episode of Dynamite EVER?  Close if not.  AEW REALLY MOTHERFUCKING RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Also no Sasha Banks/Mercades, despite all the wishcasting but you can just say that she'll debut after the Shida/Storm split. Or maybe before it.

Gotta be careful we don't start sounding like the "Sasha is DEFINITELY coming back at the next WWE PLE" crowd.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Never let people talk you out of expressing yourself. 

Shit, it's way more egregious they used a nasty-ass brainbuster on the outside as a 2-count instead of stretchering Danielson out.

Everything in-ring really clicked tonight, except for maybe a couple minutes of the women's match. Great execution by everyone.

• Like 3

A good show that should have been great. And I went to Grand Slam 2 so I should know.

Mox/Page was solid but the concussion angle was corny and running the Adam Cole comeback afterwards was double dumb.

Women's tag wasn't dead, but the heat was not helped by the wonky face/heel alignment and no Sasha whatsoever.

Danielson/Takeshita was more of a Takeshita match than a Danielson match??? 

I'm a Hager defender and I'd rather somebody cut a top-of-Botchamania stupid promo than a boring one but that was something else.

The Elite completing the comeback over Death Triangle felt way to formulaic for this company. I thought DT was gonna win in six and promptly get wiped out by House of Black in the same kind of ladder match and I stand by my hunch being better than what we got.

Good show, but a weird show.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, The Natural said:

What a show!

Yep. Pretty darned good couple hours of that professional wrestling right there.

i am off to work now so no time to list all the things I loved.

The BEST thing? 

In my opinion it was when the camera pulled way back for Adam Cole's return before quickly pulling in for a close-up.

You know I'm all about the ZOOM! (Bay bay).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Penta was annoying me even more than usual which is saying something. Can't stand the fucker where taunt makes up 90% of his repertoire.

Saw a tweet where someone was hoping he'd climb the ladder and stop on every single rung to do his taunt.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

So we all agree the funniest thing on this show was Takeshita actually leaving the ring and letting MJF talk that shit for another five minutes, right?

He is very polite and listened to the ref.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, elizium said:

Some egregious spray tans on the show tonight. Adam Cole's pale fingers, Juice and Toni as the orange power couple, and Action Andretti's hair colour blending into his body

people were just getting a good tan in the weather that was hitting Los Angeles this week

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2