DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL Draft, 27-29 April 2023

Gonzo

• RIPPA pinned this topic

This is so much of a spectacle now a days. It's like The Emmys. Concerts and famous actors and hooplah. I know they have a traveling live event now. But the truth is most of the fans there are there to see the picks and just have fun. I doubt any of this stuff matters to the target audience. Is this an instance of The NFL going after the casuals? lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

If this is the new NFL Draft tradition of having it at the Super Bowl champion city then there are some teams I don't want to have an NFL draft.   If you thought the Chiefs were unbearable. 

It is just coincidence for this year

Next year is in Detroit so no worries about them bringing the trophy out then

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If this is the new NFL Draft tradition of having it at the Super Bowl champion city then there are some teams I don't want to have an NFL draft.   If you thought the Chiefs were unbearable. 

It wasn't intentional or the plan going forward, although I am sure they don't mind. I think KC was announced as the host season in 2023 back in 2019.

BTW - I don't know if this matters for folks but at least on the NFL Network coverage, they are waiting to show players green room reactions till after they are selected

So, again, if you don't want to know until the pick is announced - there ya go

Yeah the good news is that they got their next QB.  Bad news they haven't got anyone else in the offense.  Maybe a decent running back but that is generous.    

Anderson is a home run pick though

I guess the Colts have to bite the bullet and take one of the risky QB picks.   They really wanted Stroud

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1