DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Washington is telling potential OCs that Sam Howell is their starting QB (though there will be a competition)

Also - they wanted to interview Jim Caldwell but he turned them down because he is only focusing on HC opportunities at the moment

Carolina has asked for permission to interview Sean Payton

That means 4 of the 5 teams with vacancies are now in the running (Indy is the only one who hasn't... yet)

according to Wikipedia, Rourke worked out with 13 teams: Raiders, Jags, Broncos, Colts, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Vikings, Bengals, Chiefs, Chargers, Giants, and Browns. So make your own decisions about which destination would have been the best for a 24 year old (who'll be 25 in May) who played 3 years in the CFL after spending time at Ohio U.

Coaching rumor: The Titans are interested in Eric Bieniemy and Matt Nagy... to be offensive coordinators. Bieniemy isn't aiming for that job at the moment and apparently there's no word on if they could get to talk to Nagy, who'd likely become the Chiefs OC again if Bieniemy departs.

13 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

how much money could they make if they just combined all the bids and had 6 different groups try to own the team at the same time?

And how many more playoff appearances would they make than they did with Richie Rich in charge?

23 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

He did finally declare today.

I think he might finally be the one to break the Ohio NFL QB Curse. No, Joe Burrow doesn't count. 

51 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I think he might finally be the one to break the Ohio NFL QB Curse. No, Joe Burrow doesn't count. 

He's definitely more of a pocket passer/pro style QB than most of the recent guys (sometimes to his detriment. It was painting obvious Michigan had zero fear of him keeping the ball on running plays. And it's not a lack of athleticism, he can run, he just mostly didn't. Did show more against Georgia.)

Though I do think there's a decent chance Fields breaks said curse first. Assuming the Bears get him people to throw to. He might never be a great passer, but he absolutely can be a Lamar Jackson type.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

He did finally declare today.

Overrated Drama queen system QB bailed out by elite WRs and great overall team I hate him unless the Texans draft him in which case he is the greatest QB we’ve ever had which is admittedly a low bar

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2023 at 11:19 AM, RIPPA said:

Carolina has asked for permission to interview Sean Payton

That means 4 of the 5 teams with vacancies are now in the running (Indy is the only one who hasn't... yet)

Man ... dropping Wilks for Sean Payton would give me serious consideration to say F this team and buy a bunch of Rams gear and start rooting for my stupid hometown team.  

Cleveland is hiring Jim Schwartz as their new DC.  

Some reports over the weekend that Brian Flores was 'the favorite' for the job.  Now PFT is saying he's 'a favorite' for the HC gig in Arizona. 

14 hours ago, Tabe said:

Pretty sure 2 time Super Bowl Champion and future HOFer Big Ben Roethlisberger went to a university in Ohio.

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Pretty sure 2 time Super Bowl Champion and future HOFer Big Ben Roethlisberger went to a university in Ohio.

I'm not referring to the state of Ohio.