DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

11 minutes ago, LF2 said:

So he can get suspended for PEDs again?

never tested positive in Houston!  We can trade AZ a disgruntled Brandin Cooks for Hopkins!  Salaries match, I think!  AZ can even throw in a 2nd for the deal.  Cooks never tested positive!

While Jim Caldwell should have definitely gotten another gig over so so many other people - the cynic in me says he is this year’s popular Rooney Rule candidate

(He is interviewing with the Broncos)

On 1/9/2023 at 12:24 PM, RIPPA said:

Well the Browns are starting their search for a new DC by requesting permission to speak to Brian Flores

The Brownies are interviewing Jim Schwartz today for the DC job. 

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

While Jim Caldwell should have definitely gotten another gig over so so many other people - the cynic in me says he is this year’s popular Rooney Rule candidate

(He is interviewing with the Broncos)

I wonder if the Eric Bienemy train is dead (yes, he can't be hired until KC is done, but still).   Like those leaks that came out last year about him being a horrifically bad interview, makes me wonder if that was higher ups putting down those rumors for good. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Apparently the Bears are not only listening to offers for #1 overall...  but also for Justin Fields.  

To me that makes a lot of sense. If they fall in love with a current college QB and think he is better than Fields, get rid of Fields and go with someone new. They aren't married to Fields and he got a couple years to impress, if they think they can do better then go for it (I personally have nothing against Fields, but I can understand why they would explore all their options)

• Like 1

Apparently the Bears are not only listening to offers for #1 overall...  but also for Justin Fields.  

They have about the worst receiving corps in the league, but Fields also looks terrible throwing the ball. I don’t see any way they get their asking price (a first and a third) for him. 

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Derek Carr has posted a farewell to Raiders fans as the Raiders are trying to trade him and if unsuccessful, they will release him

Mark Davis is going to (stupidly) trade SOOOOO many draft picks to Chicago.   Actually, if Chicago has any skill, they may trick Vegas into sending them Carr, their 1, Mark's juice money, and a week long stay at the Bellagio for Fields.   All while retaining #1 overall. 

55 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Mark Davis is going to (stupidly) trade SOOOOO many draft picks to Chicago.   Actually, if Chicago has any skill, they may trick Vegas into sending them Carr, their 1, Mark's juice money, and a week long stay at the Bellagio for Fields.   All while retaining #1 overall. 

I'd have them throw in the number for Davis' barber, too.

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2023 at 4:04 PM, dogwelder said:

Oh, for those who want a laugh, this is what Washington's GM said in a press conference yesterday (and why they'll probably be mediocre next year too):

I think the fact Washington hired as their GM a guy who was Detroit's GM should tell you all you you need to know about their franchise. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 8:43 AM, Lawful Metal said:

Ben Johnson interviewing in Houston today

I selfishly hope all of his interviews are terrible so he has to return to Detroit next year. 

This spoiler report I have from the future, says the relationship between Kyler and Arizona head coach Brian Flores is...   "not great."  

I can't think of a coach who would have less patience than any one player than Brian Flores and Kyler Murray.  One is completely and utterly no nonsense and the other one seems to be all nonsense all the time.  For what it's worth, Kyler's biggest strength as a player is the nonsense.  Every great Kyler Murray moment so far has been him doing some shit that no one else could, would, or should do.  

55 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

So is it any concern if Stroud doesn't declare for the draft?  I mean, speaking for a team picking #2.

Well, I for one would be very concerned, but probably for different reasons.

• Like 1