DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

21 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And Darius Slay couldn't find a trade partner:

Slay will be designated post 6/1 so he will count $8 million against the cap this season and $13 million against it next season

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Someone named Aaron Rodgers apparently wants to play for the Jets

Rodgers claims he informed the Packers last Friday and that the holdup is the compensation (he seemed to imply the Packers asking price is too high)

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I cannot wait to see who's the first NY sports media guy to turn on him.  

I'll say Lupica, but they're all going to before this is over.

The Stugotz rant in 2024 on this is going to be glorious

• Haha 1

Pretty excited about the Jets (hopefully) mortgaging their future for a one year shot at the SB. The team is pretty good, no denying that, but Rodgers had a rough year last year and he isn't getting any younger. Its a big risk and it only pays off if Rodgers is back to at least his MVP-ish form.

25 minutes ago, LF2 said:

I don’t see how he can claim Green Bay is the holdup when he’s the Moron issuing a list of demands for who he wants on the team. At worst it’s 50/50

For what it's worth, and this is Rodgers so it's not worth much...  But he says the 'list of demands' is bullshit.  

They've essentially mortgaged their entire future (if GB does, in fact get their asking price) to go 9-8 and/or get waxed in the first round by...  oh, let's say... Jacksonville. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For what it's worth, and this is Rodgers so it's not worth much...  But he says the 'list of demands' is bullshit.  

They've essentially mortgaged their entire future (if GB does, in fact get their asking price) to go 9-8 and/or get waxed in the first round by...  oh, let's say... Jacksonville. 

I honestly think if their defense stays strong and Hall is healthy, they could be annoying next year. But that's only if Rodgers is at least at a Top 10 level (ideally higher for the Jets' sake), and even then I wouldn't just pencil them into the Championship game or something.

Jordan Poyer is staying put in Buffalo.  

Also, one last bit from The Decision 2023:   Rodgers hasn't decided yet if he wants to wear #12 in NY.  (Namath has said, he's okay with it.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Reporting is coming out that the Cowboys are going to release Ezekiel Elliott

They will save $10.1 million if they designate him as a post-June 1 release

This has officially happened

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Jacoby Brissett has been signed by Washington to be the backup/starter when Sam Howell falls on his face

Based on last year I have to say, Jacoby Brissett could be an all-pro if the field was 60 yards and the game was 48 minutes.  I legitimately enjoyed rooting for him, but he is allergic to touchdowns and he's the opposite of clutch.  If I had the choice between rooting for him or Deshaun Watson, I'd rather have Brissett for multiple reasons, but he actually outperformed him on the field last season too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And Darius Slay couldn't find a trade partner:

And pencils have erasers for a reason...

They apparently worked something out in the evening. Slay will remain an Eagle.

34 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

Former XFL 2.0 standout PJ Walker to be Justin Fields' backup in Chicago on a two year deal. He's already a better backup than Siemien and Peterman were.

I'm 41 years old and have been pretty football obsessed for as long as I can remember, I'm pretty sure Nathan Peterman is the single worst football player I've ever seen. Every time someone picks him up I think that Kaepernick should sue the NFL again. That's an ironclad open and shut case.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, cubbymark said:

Former XFL 2.0 standout PJ Walker to be Justin Fields' backup in Chicago on a two year deal. He's already a better backup than Siemien and Peterman were.

53 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'm 41 years old and have been pretty football obsessed for as long as I can remember, I'm pretty sure Nathan Peterman is the single worst football player I've ever seen. Every time someone picks him up I think that Kaepernick should sue the NFL again. That's an ironclad open and shut case.

I want to have a copy of the pics that Peterman has. . . .blackmail makes more sense than someone actually thinking he's worth having.

32 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I want to have a copy of the pics that Peterman has. . . .blackmail makes more sense than someone actually thinking he's worth having.

He's played in 13 NFL games and has thrown 4 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. The only leader board, awards,  and/or honor he has in his pro football reference page is for coming in 2nd in pick sixes in 2018, a season in which he only played 148 snaps(average is about 60 snaps per team per game). So in less than 3 games he threw 3 pick sixes. I say that to say this... in 2018 Nathan Peterman threw 4 touchdown passes,  3 of them were to the wrong team. That's an amazing level of futility. 

• Haha 3