DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

13 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Rodgers to Jets now confirmed?? Or White just being smart and not waiting to see what shoes drop.

I mean, Rodgers was liking Packers' players tweets last night about staying. 

So...  🤷🏾‍♂️

51 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Edmunds is great but I knew there was no way the Bills could fit him in the budget this year. He just had too good of a year to keep him. That's a shit ton of money too.

Unless your name is Fred Warner, I'm not sure there is an inside linebacker who is worth that kind of investment.  Fred Warner's abilities in coverage makes him incredibly valuable,  but unless they're great in coverage an inside linebacker is a greatly devalued position. Edmunds is good,  but you'd probably be better off paying someone else that kind of money. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Unless your name is Fred Warner, I'm not sure there is an inside linebacker who is worth that kind of investment.  Fred Warner's abilities in coverage makes him incredibly valuable,  but unless they're great in coverage an inside linebacker is a greatly devalued position. Edmunds is good,  but you'd probably be better off paying someone else that kind of money. 

Depending on how they structure it, Bears have a ton of cap space. I won't be surprised if this is a really front loaded deal that no other team could possibly match. When your team is bad and plays in a poor weather city, you have to overpay sometimes.

25 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Also apparently the Niners are bringing in Sam Darnold. Might just be they aren't confident Purdy will be ready to go until into the season and wanting a backup.

With also Trey Lance's injury history - they need as many warm bodies as they can get

Patrick Peterson is jumping to the Steelers for 2 years. 

Atlanta's signing Jessie Bates 4/62 (59 of which are in the first two years of the deal).

And the prize pig of the OL free agents, Jawaan Taylor just signed with KC.  4/80 (60 guaranteed)

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Depending on how they structure it, Bears have a ton of cap space. I won't be surprised if this is a really front loaded deal that no other team could possibly match. When your team is bad and plays in a poor weather city, you have to overpay sometimes.

Edmunds could also be better than what I'm giving him credit for because he's been playing beside Matt Milano who is the exact type of linebacker I described. Edmunds is 6'5" 250, ran a 4.5 at the combine and is 24 years old... he could very well be entering his prime and ready for a breakout season. That's a pretty big deal for him,  but now that I've read some more it's not a huge risk. He seems to be a really good young paid and if I'm taking a risk good, young,  and fast are the top three things I'm willing to bet on. 

• Like 1

Also, to the shock of absolutely no one, except I'm sure the WFAN callers, Aaron Rodgers has gone radio silent and hasn't told the Packers yet if he'll accept a trade to New York. 

It's this Onion headline come to life:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1635404147133431810?s=20

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

This came up today while discussing how BBC was without commenterors or pundits on match of the day. 

The 1980 nfl announcerless game. Don't know if Dolfan is old enough to remember it. 

Dolfan was 5 years old (and 10 days!) when that game happened, so I only have vague memories of it.  I do remember having my birthday at the Miami Seaquarium that year, so I was fascinated by dolphins at an early age.  

Honestly though, my fandom began in earnest when they made the Super Bowl in '82 and that piece of shit John Riggins made me cry.    Probably says more about me than I care to think about.