DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2022-23: PERIOD 2

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, elizium said:

I will die on the hill that those are the GOAT Canucks jerseys and that they should be their primaries.

I also love the 80s V jerseys, so admittedly my tastes may be off

The 80s V jerseys were awful but those 90s jerseys were freaking awesome. 

Steven Stamkos scored his 500th goal as part of a hat trick Wednesday night

He is now the third active player with 500 goals (Ovie and Crosby are the other two)

He is the 47th player to hit that mark and 19th to do it before playing his 1000th game

Ovi chasing Wayne is interesting and all, but the real most prestigious scoring record was just broken. 

Nikolaj Ehlers scored his 168th and has moved past Frans Nielsen for most goals in NHL history by a Dane. 

Edited by elizium

Jack Edwards went into the Tampa locker room to apologize to Pat Maroon personally for the gross comments he made earlier this season about Maroon, mocking his weight.  It apparently turned into a 10-minute one-sided beatdown of Edwards by Maroon after which the always tone-deaf Edwards basically said, "Hey, at least I didn't say he was fat or make fun of mental illnesses."  Good lord, Edwards is a piece of slime.

52 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Jack Edwards went into the Tampa locker room to apologize to Pat Maroon personally for the gross comments he made earlier this season about Maroon, mocking his weight.  It apparently turned into a 10-minute one-sided beatdown of Edwards by Maroon after which the always tone-deaf Edwards basically said, "Hey, at least I didn't say he was fat or make fun of mental illnesses."  Good lord, Edwards is a piece of slime.

Did Maroon have his teammates run blatantly illegal pick plays and interference during the confrontation like their entire gameplan that they somehow always get away with because rules don't apply to Jon Cooper coached teams?

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

Got a freebie to the Isles-Wings game tonight and it was so bad I went to the box office and demanded a refund. Like watching paint dry.

Yeah, not exactly the most exciting game ever.  At least you missed out on the ESPN announcers mispronouncing multiple names all night long.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tabe said:

"Mine eyes have seen the Glory" is still my abiding Jack Edwards memory, along with laughing with Charley Steiner at the Carl Lewis national anthem. 

• Like 1