DVDVR Message Board

2023 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA THREAD

Gonzo

And we kick things off with Skip Bayless doing Undisputed by himself this morning because his shitty Damar Hamlin tweet from last night pissed off Shannon Sharpe, who no-showed.

And my tweets are doing the "not embedding" thing again, damn it. 

(Fixed! -Dolfan)

41 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

And we kick things off with Skip Bayless doing Undisputed by himself this morning because his shitty Damar Hamlin tweet from last night pissed off Shannon Sharpe, who no-showed.

And my tweets are doing the "not embedding" thing again, damn it. 

(Fixed! -Dolfan)

Not sure why the tweet said that Skip tried to apologize for his tweets because he didn't do that. He "apologized" for doing the show today. 

What a bunch of performative nonsense that intro was. "Look how upset I am, now send us some tweets!", indeed. 

• RIPPA pinned this topic

I guess the thing is that Skip said that "nobody had an issue with the tweet".   Well that doesn't sound right because the reason he apologized on Monday was because the Fox exec told him to explain himself better.   Now this heat between Shannon and Skip is either legit or an awful angle to tease dissension in a desperate attempt at ratings.  Which won't work

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, Undisputed is not long for this world...

On the plus side, Shannon turns full face when he chokes Skip live on the air later this week. 

Maybe, and hear me out here, these companies should stop giving Skip Bayless a platform because he's not worth the trouble. I don't know, it's just a thought.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Raziel said:

So... Romo's broadcasting career going as well as his playing career went?

Perhaps overlooked in that article is the sly hint/accusation that Jim Nantz is no longer trying to make Tony look good and is letting him bomb instead of helping him out.  Al Michaels would be proud.  Except Al would just actively undermine his partners.

16 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

They should dump them both. . . 

Yes. Particularly considering that the top team at CBS should be Kevin Harlan and literally whatever other warm body they choose to pair with Kevin Harlan.

• Like 2

I guess this goes here. Brett Favre is suing Shannon Sharpe & Pat McAfee for calling him a thief. Favre, you'll recall, stole welfare money then repaid (most of) the money he says he didn't steal. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35624974/brett-favre-sues-mississippi-state-auditor-shannon-sharpe-pat-mcafee-defamation

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

https://youtu.be/JsON6ybxBRI

Charley Steiner on the 30th anniversary of the Carl Lewis National Anthem. 

I don't know how many times I've seen that Carl Lewis video, but I do know that it kills me every single time when he says, "uh oh."  It's been 30 years, and it has never failed to be absolutely hilarious to me.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I don't know how many times I've seen that Carl Lewis video, but I do know that it kills me every single time when he says, "uh oh."  It's been 30 years, and it has never failed to be absolutely hilarious to me.

I have it on my ipod. It slays me every time, too.

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2023 at 10:50 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, Undisputed is not long for this world...

On the plus side, Shannon turns full face when he chokes Skip live on the air later this week. 

Did anything come of this (I missed it if it did)?

i feel like it was at least partially performance outrage.  If Shannon was going to be offended by Skip, he would have quit the show long before now.