DVDVR Message Board

Raw 11-25-13

MGFanJay

I'm all for them unifying the two world titles but I have no desire to see Orton Vs. Cena again. Although if they're teasing it already, there's no way it's lasting until Wrestlemania for the Cena/Orton feud to start. Are you crazy? That shit is the next PPV. It won't even make it to Rumble. WWE blows through everything at the speed of light.

the Russo TLC finish would involve the belts being mysteriously lowered to help Orton, followed by a vague explanation a few weeks later

John Cena heel turn that involves hooking up with Stephanie, and Stephanie trying to convince HHH into a three way relationship, guilting him over Kurt.

Cena then becomes depressed over the constant "You can't wrestle" chants, HHH then offers to show him some holds, only for Stephanie to walk in on him showing her an abdominal stretch, ala Trish. Stephanie then leaves them both for the two Bella twins, who then form PMS 2000, along with a repackaged Daniel Bryan who is given a Sean Stasiak tribute gimmick and renamed Tofu.

CM Punk disapproves of the gay union between HHH and John Cena, and reforms the Totally Straight Edge Society, before tying John Cena to a rainbow "symbol" to end an episode of RAW, and creates an unholy alliance with The Wyatt family, being backwater Southerners who also disapprove of dem gays.

The angle then devolves into a "doth protest too much" focus on Bray Wyatt who becomes wrestling's first real Bear in wrestling....exposing the prejudiced attitudes of the locker room afraid of locking up with a gay man. Him and Darren Young form an unlikely dancing duo tag team.

• Like 7

Man, JBL had some great lines tonight.  Like when JBL was protesting about Woods dancing with the Funkadactyls saying "Brodus can't be happy right now" and Cole said "Who cares about Brodus?" and JBL said "You sound like the WWE universe!"

• Like 3

If you hurt your head in a match, don't worry. WWE has a rigorous concussion testing protocol which consists of asking you if you're OK.

It's like Vince with the old steroid policy - if he sees you with a needle in your ass, he then has probable cause to maybe do something.

As noted on the Carolla podcast, back in the day they'd just say "Boy, Big Show sure got his bell rung!"

That opening segment really encapsulated the state of WWE right now.

Crowd cheering for the start of the show. "Ladies and gentleman, the WWE champion: Randy. Orton!" Moderate reaction, as much for the show starting as anything else, slowly dimming as Orton ambles down to the ring at a glacial pace. H and Steph come out. Reaction is eh. They talk some, crowd starts chanting for Daniel Bryan. They keep talking. "Yes" chant. They give the crowd Cena vs Orton, and later Bryan will get beat down and kidnapped by the Wyatts.

• Like 2

That opening segment really encapsulated the state of WWE right now.

Crowd cheering for the start of the show. "Ladies and gentleman, the WWE champion: Randy. Orton!" Moderate reaction, as much for the show starting as anything else, slowly dimming as Orton ambles down to the ring at a glacial pace. H and Steph come out. Reaction is eh. They talk some, crowd starts chanting for Daniel Bryan. They keep talking. "Yes" chant. They give the crowd Cena vs Orton, and later Bryan will get beat down and kidnapped by the Wyatts.

next week on RAW, the Wyatts promise to release Daniel Bryan from being their meth-lab slave if the fans stop liking Daniel Bryan

• Like 1

WWE has clarified the match stipulations for the Tables, Ladders and Chair bout at the WWE TLC PPV, noting that the match will not necessarily be a title unification match. WWE.com has posted the following:

"With not one, but both World Titles hanging in the balance, World Heavyweight Champion John Cena will face WWE Champion Randy Orton in an historic Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match. The watershed contest will leave one Superstar in possession of both World Titles, a feat that has never been accomplished since the World Heavyweight Title was introduced in September 2002."

I love how Bryan gets KIDNAPPED and later on Brie was more interested in getting someone's autograph.

He was fine. I'm sure the sodomy was only implied. 3 country ass southern dudes carrying an unconscious man away isn't a good look.

Put Xavier Woods with Tensai and Brodus. Go wild with the 3 man teams. I'd love to see them do a trios tourny on Raw sometime.

It feels like the TLC match is a sneaky way to get the Raw title on Cena and the Smackdown title on Orton. Getting the Raw title on Cena hasn't felt this choreographed since Cena-Ziggler at Money in the Bank last year.

The live audience reactions over the last few weeks have been interesting. It almost seems like the audiences are protesting the entire product with the exception of the tag division and punk/bryan. 3MB and Orton getting same level reactions? Even Cenas reaction was muted. And it wasn't a dead crowd either. R-Truth got himself a nice pop.

My prediction is this somehow ends up with the title on Bryan. Almost every part of the last 4 months have played out like the summer of punk. Now we're in the "attempting to distract the audience from what they want (the Punk v. Nash phase) phase while WWE gets behind who they believe in (ADR)". Coming soon is the "we made a mistake phase and we need to build a moment to make it up to the fans phase" (Survivor Series 11).  Royal Rumble anyone?

I was excited to see Henry and Langston together til I saw how tiny Henry made Langston look.

There's too many tiny muscleheads right now. Langston, Ryback, that ever tool-ish Otunga. All too short for my liking. Maybe that's why I ain't sold on them. I get so confused about the Goldberg comparisons for Ryback because Goldberg looked naturally like a big dude.

I love how Bryan gets KIDNAPPED and later on Brie was more interested in getting someone's autograph.

I love how people take the Bellas so literal around here. haha Total Divas is the success and wrestling fans don't want to admit it is. When you got the chance to plug it over getting an angle on Raw over, you plug away.

Speaking of which, y'all are sleeping on that fun Divas match. It starts off with Brie forcing Aksana to do something besides be awkward. Then Tamina came in and look like a more believable hoss than the men hosses only to get pinned by the rag doll JoJo. Nikki Bella was finally acting like the typical WWE face, meaning she was being a total asshole to Summer Rae. The ending seemed improvised but it worked well enough and won the crowd over.

Oh, and Naomi must be the worst movezy person ever. Half the time, it doesn't even look like she bothered to tell the other chick what the fuck she had planned.

That MizTV segment was weird. Anyone else feel that way?

I wonder what's the Ziggles/Sandow stuff is headed to. Seems odd to bring back hardcore-ish stuff in throwaway matches. Total throwaway matches.

Xavier Woods > Brodus Clay

And I think people are being a bit rough on the Orton vs Cena stuff. It's been 3 years since they've fought in anything that has meant something. They were typically good matches as long as they don't give them for-fucking-ever to get the point across.

So when both Orton and Cena grab each other's belts are we supposed to be surprised? Hey, remember when we had Champion vs. Champion before MITB with Del Rio-Cena? 13 years in the making! Have they been feuding longer than Sheamus did with Del Rio?

Rowan making Strahan wear a sheep mask was great, Strahan did not do anything to really detract from the show so it was fine.

Wyatts kidnapped Bryan, does this mean he returns in two months like nothing happened just like Kane?

I have come to the conclusion that in order to eventually unify the World title and WWE title we are going to bring back the hardcore title with the Sandow-Ziggler stuff.

First it was just Bizarro World.

Then it was just the post-Mania crowd.

Then it was just a fad.

Now it seems like Raw crowds are turning on the shows every week.  I heard several instances of the fans going into chant-for-everything-but-the-match mode last night.