DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2023

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently some (most?) of the writers for Daredevil: Born Again have been revealed.

David Feige (Raising the Bar, For Life), Thomas Wong (Bull), Jill Blankenship (Arrow), Grainne Godfree (Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow), Zachary Reiter (Law & Order: Organized Crime, CSI: New York), Devon Kliger (Key of Genius)

Aisha Porter-Christie (Orphan Black, Briarpatch, Gen V) is onboard as a consulting producer.

Feige, Wong and Reiter were also actual attorneys, with Reiter actually being an assistant district attorney at one time.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

There are rumors going around that 

Hide contents

Melinda May from Agents of Shield

will be in Secret Invasion.

Spoiler

We have had AOS appearance rumors for a while now with them denying it in the past. Its at a I will believe it when I see it point though out of all of them Ming Na does feel like the most likely to show up.

• Like 1

Kevin Feige said in an interview with EW that MCU Disney+ TV shows will be spaced out further in Phase 5 and Phase 6

When pushed on whether that meant more time in between shows or less shows he just responded "both"

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Kevin Feige said in an interview with EW that MCU Disney+ TV shows will be spaced out further in Phase 5 and Phase 6

When pushed on whether that meant more time in between shows or less shows he just responded "both"

Which was a silly question and a silly answer because one logically leads to the other.

Also annoying as I want there to constantly be something I'm watching on Disney+. There should always be some sort of Marvel or Star Wars (or Willow or Jeff Goldblum learning about LARPing) show every week.

There are a billion characters and a billion subgenres. Screw the Zeitgeist. Ride the wave. They haven't even gotten to the X-Men yet. A show every two months!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 8:37 AM, Matt D said:

There are a billion characters and a billion subgenres. Screw the Zeitgeist. Ride the wave. They haven't even gotten to the X-Men yet. A show every two months!

Once those digital artists unionize.  Sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jon Bernthal is coming back as the Punisher for the new Daredevil series, but Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Hensen will not return

Personally, I would happily trade the Punisher for Foggy but that's me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

If they're adapting stuff like Mayor Kingpin, Devil's Reign & Born Again, those are more focused on Daredevil vs Fisk for the most part. It's also expected that they'll deal with Matt surviving the Blip. Maybe Karen & Foggy didn't, and when they come back it's just too much or whatever and they go their separate ways. I dunno. I'm pretty sure Daredevil starts filming this month, maybe April, so it shouldn't be too long before we see legitimate leaks of what's going on.

Maybe Woll & Henson are cameos, but not on the main cast list, like Bernthal most likely is.

I'm excited about the idea of a 3-4 month run for a Marvel show. The current rumor is that they're going to split it into three mini seasons/arcs, with six episodes each and another TV show in between each to spread it out. The running theory was another Marvel show, but with Feige saying they're going to slow down on releases, it'll probably be National Treasure: The TV Show S2 or some shit.

On 3/7/2023 at 7:51 PM, Zimbra said:

Jon Bernthal is coming back as the Punisher for the new Daredevil series, but Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Hensen will not return

Personally, I would happily trade the Punisher for Foggy but that's me.

Feel for Deborah Woll and Eiden Hensen not returning when Charlie Cox, Vincent D'Onofrio and Jon Bernthal are. Woll/Henson probably thought they were back for that reason, getting hopes up. Woll said she was struggling to get roles after Daredevil ended.

• Sad 1

Woll is disappointing but not unexpected. After She-Hulk it seems like they're interested in not having Matt Murdock tied down to a love interest. And she's easy enough to write off; Karen's off doing investigative journalism somewhere. Hensen is tougher to cover for because he's Matt's best friend and Season 3 ended with them reforming Nelson & Murdock. You have to come up with a fairly big off-camera falling out, or even worse (FAR worse), hard reboot him out of continuity. Any kind of hard rebooting like that will make fans of the original series seriously pissed...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God, this is going to turn into such a crutch for the MCU, but you could always just say that Matt was blipped and Foggy wasn't and Foggy moved on with his life while Matt had to start all over again. Or vice versa.

• 3 weeks later...