DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2023

The new trailer for Ant-Man/Wasp 3 will come next week during the College Football national championship game.  I'll probably open the new thread for it in February.  

This premieres February 17th. 

By far the Marvel movie I'm most looking forward to is Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2023). Thrilled The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008-2009) will be appearing. High expectations following on Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018).

• Like 1

In an interview with GQ - Don Cheadle says Marvel gave him 2 hours (and it was originally only a hour)  to decide if he wanted to join Iron Man 2 and sign a 6 picture movie deal

“I was at my kid’s laser tag birthday party,” Cheadle said. “They called me and said, ‘This is what’s happening and we’re giving you the offer. If you don’t say yes then we’re going to the next person. This is going to happen very fast. Why don’t you take an hour and decide if you want to do it.’ It was a six-movie deal! In an hour I have to decide?”

Cheadle asked Marvel what the additional five movies would be, to which Marvel said, “It’s going to be these Avengers and this is what it is, so you have to say yes or no.” Cheadle asked what the trajectory of his character would be, to which Marvel responded, “We don’t know any of that but this is what it is so you’ve got an hour.”

Only when Cheadle explained that he was at his child’s birthday party did Marvel extend the timeline to two hours. The actor added, “So we played laser tag for two hours and I was talking to my wife and we thought about it and talked to my agent and tried to get as much information as we could.”

I can't embed YouTube or tweets for some reason, but the new Ant-Man trailer is hype. I love the first two Ant-Man movies, so I'm bias, but this is also pushing the Kang stuff forward finally, so I'm real excited. Although... the blue helmet stuff is kind of lame looking, IMO.

But, uh... someone is... "debuting":

Spoiler

MODOK!

Edited by Casey

CANNOT WAIT for Guardians 3. i'm sure Ant-Man 3 will be good, and i liked the first 2, so i'm looking forward to that. the Marvels is the one i'm least hyped about, but it's also the furthest out, so that's ok. 

as these Phases go on, i get further and further out of the loop.

edit: forgot to mention the Spider-Verse movies. looking forward to them, though i probably won't watch part 1 until shortly before part 2 is released.

Edited by twiztor

On 1/9/2023 at 11:13 PM, EVA said:

I caught the trailer while I was watching the national championship game, and this movie looks like visual gibberish.

I think it is refreshing that the visuals are so incomprehensible that it is practically impossible to give the plot away in a two minute window of time the way most movie trailers do.

• Like 1

So, RUMORS~!, but apparently Adam Driver and Dev Patel are the front runners to play Reed Richards. Again, the rumor is that Marvel wanted Driver for Dr. Doom but he wanted to do something different after spending half a decade playing a villain (and would be locked into a multi movie deal as another villain with Marvel if he accepted the Doom role).

My choice is completely out of left field: Jason Sudeikis. I wouldn't hate Dev Patel though. I just don't see Adam Driver as Reed.

I didn't even notice the unmasked MODOK in that latest Ant-Man trailer! Fuck, I really hope they can balance the silly and the serious with this flick. AM is best when there's some silliness but this trailer was very Lance Storm. 

Someone needs to grab Evangeline Lilly (shaking her hard is optional, but probably warranted)  and tell her there are 4 weeks left until the movie is out and could she cut it out with some... and I'll be EXTREMELY generous here... borderline anti-semetic memes/conspiracy theories. 

See her IG stories for details.  No need to share that shit here. 

Hard pass on checking that out (I'll take your word for it), but I have a feeling she won't be in the plans for any future Marvel stuff anyway so it wouldn't shock me if this is her final MCU appearance.

On a side note, Evangeline Lilly's hair styles continue getting worse and worse.

It's like the more of a wackadoodle she becomes the more fucked up her hair gets.

I mean, if you told me this was Paul Rudd announcing tickets going on sale with his mom, I'd probably believe you.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1