DVDVR Message Board

2023 Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

RIPPA

On 3/11/2023 at 8:15 AM, Red King said:

Costume swap

Fq7KqCDaAAAE7Hc?format=jpg&name=900x900

It's surprising they both fit, since Komomo is tiny compared to Hanandre the Giantess.

Also, Himeka is having one more match (with Maika's permission because she's a good wife) on 4/28 in a WAVE show produced by Bushiroad.

Edited by Ace
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, AverageKong said:

Her general outlook on her time with WWE didn't seem too critical at all. Does seem like she prefers doing her thing home in front of a Japanese audience though. 

I still don't see the freelance option being the best for her.  

I can understand her wanting to start as a Freelancer rather than going back to Diana just so she has flexibility. Almost all promotions at the moment use Freelancers so it gives her a lot of options without being restricted, maybe seeing where she fits best before committing. Unless she wanted to join Tokyo Joshi Pro since they don't use as many Freelancers as other promotions but she has no notable history there. I'm curious to see where she ends up, if she has an unofficial "home" promotion or just bounces around. Before she joined WWE she was mostly in the smaller promotions so hopefully now after her exposure in the US (as slight as it was) she can get more attention.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, quackhell said:

Can you knock it off with the creeper posts please?

Can you fuck off with your performative virtue signaling? I can see through your act.

Hate to block anyone at all, but your annoying ass is going on my block list.

Edited by Red King
  • Haha 2

More sad Ice Ribbon news

Nao Ishikawa, the Tam lookalike,  will leave the promotion at end of this month to become freelance.

Asahi will be "on loan" to Actress Girls, but will still belong to Ice Ribbon. She had broadcasted her issues on twitter with Ice Ribbon wrestlers.

Nao Ishikawa doesn't like the president of Ice Ribbon.

Asahi:

"The expected temporary transfer period to Actwres girl'Z is "3 to 6 months", and after that, "I may return to Ice Ribbon or may not. Ice Ribbon may even be gone by then. I may end up becoming a member of Actwres girl'Z instead." In the midst of these choices, Asahi will have to make a big decision."

https://www.bbm-japan.com/article/detail/40528?page=1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ace said:

Somebody tell Billie Starkz that Mei St. Michele should not be a base to do a top rope senton to the floor on. She is tiny and will not catch you.

Yeah that was for sure a spot the wrestlers at ringside  should have helped on.

This isn't a 'spoiler free' thread, we can discuss wrestling results. Plus I believe it streamed live anyway for those that wanted to watch it unspoiled.

Ice Ribbon results, via Puro Love:

Ice Ribbon "ICE RIBBON MARCH 2023", 19.03.2023
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
409 Fans

1. Hikari Shimizu and Kaho Matsushita defeat Nao Ishikawa and Rina Amikura 
2. Amu Yumesaki Debut Match: Tsukina Umino defeats Amu Yumesaki 
3. 8 Woman Battle Royal: Eiger wins
4. Sumikaba Yanagawa and Misa Kagura defeat Asahi and Chie Ozora 
5. International Ribbon Tag Team Title: Makoto and Hamuko Hoshi defeat Hikaru Shida and Ibuki Hoshi (c)
6. ICEx∞ Title: Satsuki Totoro defeats Saori Anou (c)

Feels like another reset, at least a soft one. Got the belts off the outsiders (Anou and Shida) and tighten up their spending. I'm not a big fan of Satsuki but she's a vet at this point and is probably loyal, so she's a safe bet to put the title on. I don't know if anyone that still posts here is a regular Ice Ribbon viewer but I'd be curious how their fans feel about the changes, or if it just felt inevitable. 

• Like 1

The changes are interesting in the sense of who is gonna get pushed instead, who will win what belts and who makes it in the main event and whatever other booking changes in patterns. The ever depleting roster effects booking in the long run, lot of planned but now aborted stuff never happening in the future.

I don't think the bad news is over for Ice Ribbon, they been chipped away slowly over time. I think ICE will survive but the promotion will just stay smaller for the foreseeable future.