DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Several rumors about this:

- Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and The Lost Ocean Remastered (Bandai Namco is recently working on this)

- Hollow Knight Silksong release date? (please?)

- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom gameplay footage (please?)

- Pikimin 4 release date trailer (a retailer recently posted a date)

- Advance Wars Re Boot Camp release date (Walmart leaker said they had gotten a date for this week)

- Final Fantasy Tactics Remastered (From the Nvidia leak it is known that Square Enix is working on this)

- Final Fantasy IX Remastered (same leak, so maybe?)

- Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy (I think it got leaked there too)

- Metroid Prime 4 (there's pre-orders on Amazon/Best Buy right now)

Edited by Andrew POE!

I believe FFIX is a remake supposedly, not a remaster.

But all of that seems way too big for a random Nintendo Direct. And I wouldn’t expect half of those out in the first half of 2023 anyway - especially the Final Fantasy stuff.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

But all of that seems way too big for a random Nintendo Direct. And I wouldn’t expect half of those out in the first half of 2023 anyway - especially the Final Fantasy stuff.

You're probably right - I'm personally expecting only FF Tactics Remastered in early 2023. You have to remember - it is the 35th Anniversary of Final Fantasy so I feel like Square Enix will try to load the year with FF releases. I know that FFXVI is this year and FFVII Rebirth is rumored for this year (I think that will get pushed back a bit to not take away from FFXVI).

Edited by Andrew POE!

15 hours ago, Craig H said:

Meanwhile, I'm just again hoping for Metroid Prime re-releases and the Toon Link trilogy.

Honestly, I’d be thrilled if Nintendo just announced remasters.  Toon Zelda, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime, maybe GameCube-era Mario, Wario, DK games.  Metroid Prime and Zelda remasters have been rumored so long and by so many (usually.) reliable sources, you’d think they’d be announced sooner or later.

So, yeah, I expect to be disappointed today.

6 hours ago, Casey said:

I would kind of expect this at a State of Play. Not a Direct. I'm sure it's going to get the FFVII treatment to an extent. 

I am exaggerating for effect, but I swear some of the past Nintendo Directs they'd say would be 40 minutes and I'd get excited, then 25 minutes of it would be showing gameplay for the newest Smash character. I know this one won't have that particular issue but I'm just concerned they'll eat up half the time with something that means nothing to me, like Splatoon. So I go in with low expectations.

44 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I am exaggerating for effect, but I swear some of the past Nintendo Directs they'd say would be 40 minutes and I'd get excited, then 25 minutes of it would be showing gameplay for the newest Smash character. I know this one won't have that particular issue but I'm just concerned they'll eat up half the time with something that means nothing to me, like Splatoon. So I go in with low expectations.

Get ready for 30 minutes of them showing off a bunch of retro games no one has heard of to the eShop for $20 a pop.

21 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Get ready for 30 minutes of them showing off a bunch of retro games no one has heard of to the eShop for $20 a pop.

As long as one of them is Wall Street Kid, played the hell out of that as a kid but its kinda under the radar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tabe said:

Apparently the PC version of Hogwarts Legacy has massive performance problems about an hour into the game. 

Probably about the time you get out of the tutorial section and the game asks you, "Do you want to make any changes to your character?"  Big no-no!

Finally, Game Boy on NSO. Apparently, Nintendo's not putting out any new games that I give a fuck about (at least so far in this Direct), so I'll take this and be happy. 

EDIT: Ooh, and GBA!

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia

They are remaking like, every expensive game I own. I just trekked through hell and back to find an affordable copy of Etrian Odyssey III. I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful Ghost Trick is, I think it has the highest user score out of *any game ever* on Metacritic (or something close). They're remaking Baten Kaitos? There's a really neat game in there somewhere, I hope they give it a good spitshine. Monolithsoft are Nintendo's favorite kid right now so maybe they will, I can't imagine being a Xenoblade X holdout right now. I guess the Metroid Prime remaster is the same deal, it'll be interesting to see if this plays better than the very good version that uses the Wii pointer. 

They're remaking so many games I loved. Advance Wars, We Love Katamari, Samba De Amigo... honestly it's kinda creepy. Or I play way too many games.

I am moved and humbled by the proper return of Level Five and I yearn with every part of my heart that the new Layton game rules in every way that last spin-off didn't.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

They are remaking like, every expensive game I own. I just trekked through hell and back to find an affordable copy of Etrian Odyssey III.

Really?  This is like the one DS game that I have both the cart and the case for.  Might be time to cash out to offset the TV I just bought.