2023 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Teaser for the Fatal Attraction series

Your cheat sheet

• Lizzy Caplan = Glenn Close
  • Joshua Jackson = Michael Douglass
  • Amanda Peet = Anne Archer

Fucking goosebumps. LET'S. FUCKING. GO!

I love how the trailer for each season after first can basically be summed up as, "yeah, we all fucked up, we should have just taken dad down when we had the chance because he's a malignant tyrant. Oops, we did it again."

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Teaser for the Fatal Attraction series

Your cheat sheet

• Lizzy Caplan = Glenn Close
  • Joshua Jackson = Michael Douglass
  • Amanda Peet = Anne Archer

I wish Lizzy Caplan would have done Party Down S3 instead but I get it, I guess. Still hopeful she has a cameo eventually, but Roman's comment while bartending makes me think it might not happen (basically what if Casey & Henry's bullshit was keeping them from finding their true loves/purpose).

Friendly reminder that the first episode of S3 has aired and it's pretty good. I'm curious how Adam Scott will be in every episode since he isn't a part of the team. Also I loved the twist at the end, I didn't even think about that.

• Thanks 1

Citadel

Richard Madden, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Stanley Tucci

There was a story about this series in November when Hollywood Reporter said it is the 2nd most expensive TV show of all time. (The number is somewhere around $185 million but it seems part of that is because it is supposedly getting multiple spinoffs in set in other countries (India, Italy and Mexico) shot on location in each countries native language)

It has also had multiple issues - the most recent being the series delayed due to the train crash in Greece

The long rumored Devil in the White City series is dead... again

Director Todd Field left the project in October and he was the reason Keanu Reeves signed on in the first place so Reeves followed Field out the door.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

A spy agency loyal to no nation 1. is an oxymoron and 2. could never possibly exist because it would be crushed under the weight of its counterbalancing interests. Just had to point that out. 

Nah, bro. If they can have Interpol(International Police), bro, then they can have Interspy(International Spy), bro. It's all part of the space lizard conspiracy, bro.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

A spy agency loyal to no nation 1. is an oxymoron and 2. could never possibly exist because it would be crushed under the weight of its counterbalancing interests. Just had to point that out. 

Lets not besmirch SPECTRE or THRUSH. But feel free to besmirch HYDRA. 

18 hours ago, Casey said:

Barry is ending with S4.

Series finale is a week after Succession’s finale, I believe.

For Barry that makes total sense given how season 3 ended. I don't see how that series continues beyond season 4.

Spoiler

It would just be Barry in prison if Barry doesn't kill himself first, which I wouldn't be shocked to see. Although the funnier ending would be Barry winds up in prison and becomes an acting teacher for other prisoners.

• Like 1

Rabbit Hole

I was like "Eh - it is just another Kiefer Sutherland government conspiracy show" but then Charles Dance showed up.

I am so conflicted now

• Haha 1

For @Nice Guy Eddie and anyone else who'd find this amusing...

I'm catching up on "For All Mankind" on AppleTV+ (good show!); the celebrity astronaut is on the moon recording liners for local radio stations, and one of them is Kbilly's Sounds of the 70s!  I popped for it.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 9:23 PM, Kuetsar said:

ISIS was a shitshow, but lasted a while until it was folded into the cia. We never found out what happened to ODIN.

I'm pretty sure Barry makes reference to Archer costing him his job and ODIN shutting down after Trexler got the brain chip in one of his appearances.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I'm pretty sure Barry makes reference to Archer costing him his job and ODIN shutting down after Trexler got the brain chip in one of his appearances.

Yeah, but it was still running in season 4, when Lucas Troy killed his fellow agents, stole the uranium and the $10 million in bearer bonds. . .

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't think anybody but me is watching the last season of Snowfall but there was just a straight-up Craig vs. Deebo fight at the end of this episode. Also, a guy got his face pushed onto a hot stove element. 

Like Ronnie on The Shield?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Yeah, but it was still running in season 4, when Lucas Troy killed his fellow agents, stole the uranium and the $10 million in bearer bonds. . .

omg-ohmygod.gif

• Like 1