DVDVR Message Board

A New TV Commercial Thread

RIPPA

I hate the new Progressive commercial.  If Dr. Rick is implying that he never washes his trash cans out at least, then he is a filthy mother fucker.

On 3/13/2023 at 4:22 PM, RIPPA said:

I see Paige Spiranac dances as well as she plays golf

Paige Spiranac is a golfer?

Edited by J.T.

On 3/19/2023 at 3:01 AM, J.T. said:

I hate the new Progressive commercial.  If Dr. Rick is implying that he never washes his trash cans out at least, then he is a filthy mother fucker.

Also that guy is right his hedges look like shit.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 2:21 PM, Technico Support said:

Hey guys let's put a hot dancing woman in our commercial for no reason at all except to appeal to shitty white guys who golf

Yeah if this commercial was done about 30 years ago there will be so many slow motion shots of her bouncing up and down.  

Not that there is anything wrong with that.   Okay I will settle down now

• Like 1

Beefsteak Charlie shoulda seen the writing on the walls when he had to stick his worthless goddam nephew Beffstak Chuck in his ads. I'd like to think by the time Beefsteak Charlie's went under it was because Charlie sold a stake of his franchise to Paulie from Goodfellas and in turn every Beefsteak Charlie's ended up burningto the ground mysteriously... or maybe Beefsteak Chuck shuttered the chain after Charlie wouldn't listen to ending the all you can drink beer, wine and sangria included with your meal!

• Like 2

Only tangentially related, but bless you, closed captioning during NBA games. Band Auto Bio versus Tomorrow O'Rosen during Miami/Chicago, but the one just now during Den/Min takes the cake: "presented to you by Nerdwallet" became "presented to you by murdered walnuts" (by the way, have you heard my new band, Murdered Walnuts?).

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 2

Just a reminder that if you think the ads the WWE does for their sponsors are bad - this is ad from a company that is one of the official sponsors of one of the biggest movies of the year

10 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Only tangentially related, but bless you, closed captioning during NBA games. Band Auto Bio versus Tomorrow O'Rosen during Miami/Chicago, but the one just now during Den/Min takes the cake: "presented to you by Nerdwallet" became "presented to you by murdered walnuts" (by the way, have you heard my new band, Murdered Walnuts?).

I once saw captioning on The Weather Channel turn "Coming up, your nation's forecast" to "Coming up, urination forecast".

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2023 at 9:02 PM, Contentious C said:

If you've ever watched MLW in closed captioning it is like someone invented their own foreign language, or is speaking in tongues.

On 4/17/2023 at 10:00 AM, Log said:

I once saw captioning on The Weather Channel turn "Coming up, your nation's forecast" to "Coming up, urination forecast".

On 4/18/2023 at 12:53 PM, Curt McGirt said:

If you've ever watched MLW in closed captioning it is like someone invented their own foreign language, or is speaking in tongues.

LOL!  The captions on my local news look like someone is having a stroke.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sparkleface said:

After watching five and a half basketball games over the last two days (I couldn't stay up for the rest of Grizzlies/Lakers), I can safely say I don't personally care what Pete Davidson calls himself before 11am in a Taco Bell, I just never want to see that commercial again after it ran for practically every ad break.

Every year, when the NCAA tourney starts, my wife says enjoy these commercials now, because we'll be incredibly sick of them by the end of the weekend.

7 hours ago, Log said:

Every year, when the NCAA tourney starts, my wife says enjoy these commercials now, because we'll be incredibly sick of them by the end of the weekend.

Does that mean someone with more of a geological timescale would get sick of your wife saying that?

• Like 1