DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 16

Dolfan in NYC

The Giants loss stings but it does fill me with some hope. They put together a killer drive to tie the game and never gave up. They were only beaten by a freakishly long FG. But they showed they can hang with and maybe even beat one of the better NFC teams.

That and since every wildcard contender lost, all The Giants need to clinch is a win. A win against either the Nick Foles led Colts or a maybe already clinched and resting Eagles. I'm hoping a win against The Colts. That way they can rest Saquon & Jones in Week 18 because they'd be locked into the 5 seed no matter what.

The Packers would be tied with Detroit & Seattle at 7-8 if they win. One spot outside the playoffs currently. Washington is 7-7-1. So Washington stays the 7 seed this week no matter what.

If New York gets to 9 wins they lock in the 5th seed, because if the Lions / Packers / Seahawks get to 9 wins they would have 8 losses. While The Giants will only have 7 (and a tie). If Washington gets also to 9-7-1, The Giants remain the 5 seed because of the record against each other. They went 1-0-1 against Washington. And no one can catch Dallas who has the 4 spot locked in already.

8 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

The Packers would be tied with Detroit & Seattle at 7-8 if they win. One spot outside the playoffs currently. Washington is 7-7-1. So Washington stays the 7 seed this week no matter what.

If New York gets to 9 wins they lock in the 5th seed, because if the Lions / Packers / Seahawks get to 9 wins they would have 8 losses. While The Giants will only have 7 (and a tie). If Washington gets also to 9-7-1, The Giants remain the 5 seed because of the record against each other. They went 1-0-1 against Washington. And no one can catch Dallas who has the 4 spot locked in already.

As a fellow Giants fan can you please stop posting that they’ll be the five seed? The four division winners are seeded 1-4 regardless of record, and we can’t catch Dallas. So at best they’re the six seed and stuck playing against San Francisco or Minnesota.

Heres a link to NFL.com, and note the number in parenthesis by the Giants:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

Do I agree with you that the NFC South “winner” should be the 7 seed and not get a home game? Hell yeah. But that’s not reality, nor is Dallas being locked in at 4. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

NFL got the outcome they wanted. No way were the Steelers going to lose this game on the anniversary of the reception. As soon as the 40 yard Josh Jacobs run got called back for TE interference it was over. 

While I agree with you slightly, if you are going to commit a rather rare penalty that was the most blatant version of it possible.  Las Vegas should have won by 20 easily but they are really a dumb team at times

Josh Mcdaniels is probably top tier in worst NFL coaches. He was a moron in Denver, he's a moron in Vegas. He did well in NE with Bill but come on who wouldn't have? 

Nathaniel Hackett and Josh are probably the two worst coaches in the NFL.  If you haven't read or heard Josh Jacobs comments after the game it's pretty telling that he won't be returning to Vegas next year.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well that depends. If Green Bay wins tomorrow do they jump to 7?

No. A Green Bay win would get them to 7-8 but they'd still be behind Detroit (who they lost to head-to-head) and Seattle (who Detroit lost to head-to-head). I think. Pretty sure they'd break the tie between Detroit and Green Bay first, which Detroit would win, before breaking that tiebreaker with Seattle.

The tie the Commanders and the Giants had a couple of weeks ago is keeping Washington in the 7 spot because 7-7-1 > 7-8.

Edited by Gonzo

5 hours ago, LF2 said:

As a fellow Giants fan can you please stop posting that they’ll be the five seed? The four division winners are seeded 1-4 regardless of record, and we can’t catch Dallas. So at best they’re the six seed and stuck playing against San Francisco or Minnesota.

Heres a link to NFL.com, and note the number in parenthesis by the Giants:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

Do I agree with you that the NFC South “winner” should be the 7 seed and not get a home game? Hell yeah. But that’s not reality, nor is Dallas being locked in at 4. 

Ha, my bad. I had been meaning seed 6 this whole time. I think it was left over brain residue from when three were only 6 playoff teams. I knew they were locked in to second to last slot, and that used to be 5th seed. But yes 6th seed not 5th.

And Washington / Seattle / Detroit / maybe Green Bay are battling it out for the final seed which is 7 now.

Math is hard lol.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Josh Mcdaniels is probably top tier in worst NFL coaches. He was a moron in Denver, he's a moron in Vegas. He did well in NE with Bill but come on who wouldn't have? 

Matt Patricia?

(Seriously though, it's entirely possible McDaniels is one of those guys that's a really good coordinator but can't handle the top job. I don't think he's been nearly as bad as Hackett this year, but if they don't improve a lot next year, he could be on his way back to New England real quick.)