• Win or tie at New York Giants, OR
  • Losses by San Francisco AND Seattle

Minnesota Vikings clinch NFC North division with

• Win at Detroit

Kansas City Chiefs clinch AFC West division with

• Win at Denver AND
  • Los Angeles Chargers loss vs Miami
Edited by Gonzo

I’m still a Baker fan and think people need to get over the fact that he was an asshole at the age when we were all assholes. I mean come on. Unfortunately I don’t see it working out with the Rams but maybe we’ll see a 400 YDs, 4 TD 4 INT game. That would be fun. 

• Like 1

The OBJ sweepstakes appears to be a dud as far as we know so far. Sources leaking that his physical condition is not great (completely understandable after tearing an ACL 10 months ago) and Jerry Jones saying there is no timetable to sign him. I think at this point, the Cowboys are probably bidding against themselves as far as someone signing him in December. If I was OBJ I'd just focus on getting 100% healthy and getting a big paycheck in April, unless the Cowboys can't help themselves and offer something crazy.

18 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The OBJ sweepstakes appears to be a dud as far as we know so far. Sources leaking that his physical condition is not great (completely understandable after tearing an ACL 10 months ago) and Jerry Jones saying there is no timetable to sign him. I think at this point, the Cowboys are probably bidding against themselves as far as someone signing him in December. If I was OBJ I'd just focus on getting 100% healthy and getting a big paycheck in April, unless the Cowboys can't help themselves and offer something crazy.

Tell that to bills Twitter. It's going crazy on obj all year.

6 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Tell that to bills Twitter. It's going crazy on obj all year.

It has been, but I think now that its kinda leaking that he isn't healthy, and isn't even doing a workout for the teams he visited, some of that hype will start dying down. It was a fun pipedream but this latest news on him should start killing any fanbase's excitement for him being useful in 2022.

Plus, the dumbest of the dumbest people use twitter so I wouldn't put too much on what fans say on there, they probably want the Bills to re-sign Fred Jackson too.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

It has been, but I think now that its kinda leaking that he isn't healthy, and isn't even doing a workout for the teams he visited, some of that hype will start dying down. It was a fun pipedream but this latest news on him should start killing any fanbase's excitement for him being useful in 2022.

Plus, the dumbest of the dumbest people use twitter so I wouldn't put too much on what fans say on there, they probably want the Bills to re-sign Fred Jackson too.

I've been seeing some posts about how the cowboys are leaking this stuff as a sideshow because they know they won't get him. . . Lol

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The 5-7 Lions are currently favored over the 10-2 Vikings

I saw that when I was making selections for my pick 'em league this week. Obviously, I hope Vegas is right but no way I was touching that game with a 10ft pole. 

4 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Bucs are probably going to destroy the 49ers in a typical second game backup quarterback meltdown after a good first game showing. It will get sold as something else of course, like a winning streak by Brady. He is the luckiest player ever. 

There's this interesting thing with Brady: there's Camp A who refuse to acknowledge he's gotten extensively lucky at multiple points in his career, feeling that it's just people trying to ignore the fact that he's the greatest ever.

Then there's Camp B, these people who refuse to acknowledge, even more than two decades in, that the reason he's so wildly successful, first and foremost, is because he's that fucking good, insisting it's all about his incredible luck and the coach etc etc.

Like, neither camp can acknowledge that he's both arguably the greatest player of all-time and the luckiest player of all-time.

• Like 3

Man what a throw. I think the creator is laying it on a little thick, like him recognizing the defense. I think he made the throw because he didn’t recognize the defense and didn’t know that any more or less pressure was coming than usual, or that Kittle would he open 1 on 1. I think he just threw it to Kittle just like Jimmy G does in almost any bad situation. But it was still a good throw that took a set to stand there and make. 

This all happened as Tua, an MVP favorite, was having his worst game. Purdy can have a backup quarterback meltdown just as sure as a new MVP favorite can have 1 in a late season big game. 

If I’m wrong and they actually have a rookie backup who is reading defenses and throwing from the pocket vs pressure like that, then that might be who needs to start for the next 10 years lol!

Tom Brady is a really interesting case, because he's most likely the greatest of all time, while he was rarely the greatest at any one time.  Year to year, I'd say Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodges, and Patrick Mahomes have been better than him, but when you add everything else, he's greatness surpasses them with longevity and consistency.  

• Like 1