DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF GOIN' BOWLING! - 2022-23

Raziel

I think this gave us some interesting data on the BCR thing.

We know a team that has a good but not elite BCR can beat one that does have elite talent, from Michigan dominating Ohio the last two years.

And we know that a team with a sub 50% BCR can beat a team in the 70s% range because TCU beat Michigan.

But when one of those elite 90% teams plays a sub 50% team in a game that really matters...

TCU needed a perfect storm to beat Michigan and they got it. Michigan lost by 6 in a game where they gave away 21-25 points via turnovers and dumb play calls. They scored 45 points with 3 turnovers and those dumb play calls. 

TCU needed all that - and got it. 

Well, they didn't get that against Georgia. So it got ugly. But I don't want to hear even one word about them "not belonging" or "XYZ team would have done better". Yeah, well, then XYZ should've earned their way in. 

• Like 5

And the biggest blow out in bowl history did not, in fact, lead to good ratings. 17.2 million viewers, the least watched NCG since the start of the BCS era.

I know I keep making this joke, but there are some executives in Bristol who are very very angry, and want that Michigan touchdown and Georgia targeting penalty to have not been overturned. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

And the biggest blow out in bowl history did not, in fact, lead to good ratings. 17.2 million viewers, the least watched NCG since the start of the BCS era.

I know I keep making this joke, but there are some executives in Bristol who are very very angry, and want that Michigan touchdown and Georgia targeting penalty to have not been overturned. 

And despite this, the two semis did so well that the playoffs on a whole were still up 9% from last year.