DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 13

Dolfan in NYC

41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Good to know you do it to Gonzo too... 😘

Oh, it's enough that I have to read your posts.    @Gonzo and I go back to the Delphi days, so he knows why I hate him. 

Also, the Dolphins just signed Eric Fisher.   They just put OL Austin Jackson on the IR, so this was a critically needed move. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I really thought after the 2020 season that Mayfield was on the way up. Then last year, ok maybe it was his shoulder issues and bad coaching. But he just looked lost this year, really bad with no good excuses. I don't think he is terrible but I am starting to think he needs the prefect system for his skillset to succeed (coaching, line, weapons) which applies to every NFL QB hopeful. If he is willing to be a backup he may latch on somewhere but if he is 'starter or bust' he may shimmy off into the land of Manziel. 

I disagree with most of this. Mayfield was smoke and mirrors from the beginning. He was one of those quarterbacks who looked great when everything worked exactly how it was drawn up,  but showed little to no ability to make a positive play if anything went wrong. He also seemed to alienate his teammates,  which is a huge red flag for a quarterback. You have to be Aaron Rodgers or young Russell Wilson for people to tolerate your bullshit. If you're average and an asshole, your best wide receiver's dad might make YouTube videos about you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2