DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 13

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Oh man the Giants don't strike me as a coming back from 10 points kind of team 

Especially against a team that will have 50 minutes in TOP

19 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Not like in the DC area we have great options, I'm over here watching Denver vs. Baltimore. The two best games of the day of course are both on at 4:25.

The best game of the day is US beating the dogshit out of the Colts!

1 minute ago, DEAN said:

The best game of the day is US beating the dogshit out of the Colts!

I first read this as US meaning "United States" and I was like "Why are the Colts playing a National team?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I first read this as US meaning "United States" and I was like "Why are the Colts playing a National team?"

Oh good it wasn't just me.

-----

I have a friend who is a huge Packers fan and came into this season so excited because the Packers were only one win behind Chicago for most regular season wins by a franchise all-time, convinced they'd get the record by beating the Bears in week 2, but then Chicago won their opener and Green Bay didn't and here we are in week 13 and Packers can take over the lead with a win, and he's very excited again despite the lost season. So now I'm rooting even harder for Chicago than I normally do against Green Bay.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well.  We are AMERICA'S team.

37 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Oh good it wasn't just me.

-----

I have a friend who is a huge Packers fan and came into this season so excited because the Packers were only one win behind Chicago for most regular season wins by a franchise all-time, convinced they'd get the record by beating the Bears in week 2, but then Chicago won their opener and Green Bay didn't and here we are in week 13 and Packers can take over the lead with a win, and he's very excited again despite the lost season. So now I'm rooting even harder for Chicago than I normally do against Green Bay.

On another forum the Packers fans have reached to the “it’s the Bears SB” excuse. That’s an outdated meme that the Steelers used to dump on the Browns, or the Pats on the Jets. That’s how bad the Packers are and how mad they are lol! Reaching that far back in the meme vault for damage control. 

Meanwhile the Vikings don’t look sharp at all, but it doesn’t matter because everything Kirk throws up is caught. Jefferson has a highlight reel’s worth of catches in this game that’s not even over. Gregor’s catch was an accident. They got pressure which made the ball underthrown, but all that meant was that the triple coverage was underthrown and Gregor caught it. The Jets are struggling on offense but the truth is this is normal. It happens every 2nd game a quarterback has off the bench after balling last week. 

11 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I hope Browns fans realize that Watson has a ton of rust on him so they should not  be surprised if he completely sucks this year.   

Man Trevor Lawrence's knee has to be shredded after that sack 

I hope Browns fans turn on Watson and they burn his house down

• Haha 1

To the surprise of no one, the Ravens offense without Lamar is really, really bad. Although I am surprised they aren't trying to run more, its like they are calling the same plays they would if Lamar was playing instead of adjusting. Their RBs have a total of 8 carries, while Huntley has 20 passes.

12 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

To the surprise of no one, the Ravens offense without Lamar is really, really bad. Although I am surprised they aren't trying to run more, its like they are calling the same plays they would if Lamar was playing instead of adjusting. Their RBs have a total of 8 carries, while Huntley has 20 passes.

I honestly do not understand their dedication to not building a competent offense.  It would be one thing if they seemed dedicated to Lamar, and building an offense that highlights his skillset, but they haven't even done that.  I know it doesn't help that Dobbins and Bateman seem to be made of glass, but that's exactly why you need more than one quality wide receiver at a time.