DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 11/23/2022

The Natural

Was that the best Hager match ever? HAT BASED STORYTELLING~

plz plz plz plz don't fuck up House of Black this time! Loved the little lights out fake out with everyone totally expecting Danhausen for Julia to be the harbinger and just finally see those three wreck some shit like they should have been doing all along. 

Loved how minus the Elite match, the show gave the audience enough to keep them from doing the CM Punk chant. Wondering too which "side" different cities are gonna take, or if Chicago is gonna be the only pro-Punk city. That opening segment with the former BCC was super compelling and I'm totally into following where this Mox and Danielson road goes. Mox isn't getting that vacation, is he?

Super happy for Jamie and Storm for not having "interim" on their reigns. Man, Britt couldn't let Jamie have one moment.....

Top Flight and Top Guys is gonna rule!

• Like 6

Even after more than three years of AEW, folks are still conditioned by WWE's tendency to never let anything breathe and throttle through storylines for immediate "moments." I seriously doubt Punk is coming back, and tonight was just The Elite dealing with the hostile crowd. Likewise, I'm sure Regal will just go away for a short while and come back to be a thorn in Mox's side. If not? Cool, cool, but people gotta chill and see what happens without immediate assumptions.

OH and House Of Black came back looking fucking GREAT. 

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Any possible sympathy you may have had for the Elite side of this mess with Punk COMPLETELY went out the window tonight.  You can't scream LET IT GO then constantly reference it.  Also it is clear Punk is coming back to I guess be the gooder guy in this feud of douches because if not then this is most childish shit in many years.  

Speak for yourself, I love the petty. The pettier the better, inject it straight into my veins.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

So OC v Hager was specially designed to troll Jim Cornette right?

Anyway the factory comes out, and the lights go out ITS THAT WHITCH JULIA GHOULIA READY TO REAP SOULS AND DESTROY MINDS!'

HOB WITH THE SATANIC MAGICK ATTACK!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmxKGT-3FdU&ab_channel=CenturyMediaRecords

3 way tag featured zero ripcord lariets by Hayter so I rate it zero stars

No home town advantage for The Elite 

Pac may have started the fire but Penta brings the hammer for the win!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri6fs5X-398&ab_channel=MetalForThePeople

Good lord that main event! So did Ishii open him up or did Jericho blade? anyway check another awesome thing off the list for The Ocho!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

while it's not gonna be one sided in most cities, wouldn't it be reasonable to suspect that the Death Triangle would get more cheers than The Elite in other non-Chicago locales?

Not until they run UK or Mexico, and maybe not even then. Even if the crowd wasn't entirely pro-CM Punk the Mexican contingent pushed it way over the top.

I thought it was a great atmosphere, I was dreading the pettiness but once I saw it I realized there was no other way to go. I have a baseline dislike for the Bucks but I find myself constantly giving them credit. Kenny's bite was fine but Matt botching the Buckshot on purpose was so decadently douchey that even the loudest Punk chanters had to crack a smile.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Well. That was GREAT.

I am interested in seeing whose cup of tea ISHII CONTINUING TO HAMMER JERICHO'S BLOODY CHEST WITH HIS RED RIGHT HAND turns out not to have been. Certainly, it was exactly my cup of tea.

SO UNCOUTH!

We've all done bad things. American Dragon speaks the truth.

Storyline wise, they are teasing everything and paying nothing off today. Cool. Gives us something to anticipate.

Nice pop for Orangey Boy. THEY ACTUALLY MADE THE HAT THE STORY. Also my cup of tea. Also interested to see who all wildly disagrees with that opinion.

Best Hager match ever? Yes. Because of the hat.

Nicky Boy vs B. King please! On Dark would be just fine. Glad to see Buddy Matthews back in the ring. Wrestling needs to have a Buddy, in my opinion. Buddy Wayne, Buddy Rose, Buddy Rodgers...

Injured Body Part Psychology is almost as classic and effective as Hat-Based Psychology.

Best Ethan Page AEW match so far? I think so.

Chopping in the corner in time with the CM Punk chants! Looking forward to the Cutler-Cam view of that. 

Kenny's GTS takes Troll of the Night honours, though. 

Is doing a biting spot in Chicago a deliberate call-back?

I liked the finish because I also keep a little hammer in my trunks, so I could relate.

HAYTER IS CHAMP! I'M DRINKING ALL THE HAYTERAID! 

All that JAS tonight!

THANKSGIVING MIRACLE was a good pay-off to that whole Injure Me Daddy Ass angle.

SHIDA ON RAMPAGE! BUTCHER AND BLADE!

While the rubes warch commercials, me and DEAN are listening to GENERIC HARD ROCK RIFFS!

Stone Pitbull is, in my opinion, a better pro wrestling nickname than Fragile Porcelain Teacup Poodle.

THAT APRON DDT BUMP!

There were people who hated Kobashi vs Sasaki. There are people who hate puppy dogs, warm autumn evenings, and fresh strawberries.

I liked how Ishii wouldn't let Jericho bait him to the outside even though Jericho is a master of that.

ZIMBRA AND CRAIG H ROAD REPORTS!!

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Quite the in ring comeback this year for Chris Jericho: vs. Kingston, Anarchy in the Arena, Blood & Guts, the 6 man tag at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, the second match with Bryan Danielson, the four way at Full Gear and now vs. Ishii.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Not until they run UK or Mexico, and maybe not even then. Even if the crowd wasn't entirely pro-CM Punk the Mexican contingent pushed it way over the top.

Considering that the next 5 Death Triangle/Elite matches include shows in Garland (Dallas suburb), San Antonio, and Los Angeles.. I guess we'll see how much of a Mexican contingent there is at AEW shows in those cities..

After that, it is what it is.. but I'd think that Spooky Mexicans (plus PAC) might be relatively popular compared to douchebags with a good online following.

• Like 1

People on Reddit seem to think this means Regal is going back to WWE. I think they're being hasty; this was the perfect way to get a Regal-Mox split. I'm interested to see how they'll explain Regal doing what he did and how the BCC will be going forward from now on.

Good riddance to Rosa. Glad they finally did the right thing, she's dead weight.

(Mother and I watching the Top Flight/FTR promo)
(Mom) "Darius, don't get hurt before Friday"

19 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I am weirdly looking forward to The Acclaimed mixing it up with Jarrett. I don’t know why exactly, but I am. Maybe because I think we could get some Jarrett MMA-esk silliness out of it (Double J diss rap video?)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3