DVDVR Message Board

RAMPAGE!- 11/18/2022!

DEAN

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

How is it not? Because he lands face-first?

Took me a couple of watches, but if you look closely he doesn't have a gutwrench but a groin lock, kinda like a Gotch piledriver.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

Taz, one word, one name.

Hook, one word, one name.

So the family has a gimmick.  What would the wife of Taz’ name be?  Just Wife?  Her?

Tazz Maniac

Hook Maniac

Mama Maniac

also I will now be refering to Julia Ghoulia as The White Witch of Rosehall (because the Dutch Devil she could call!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSKJ9C_QX18&ab_channel=minutegongcoughs

I was all set to come in here and rant about how baffling the layout of the tag was. About 3/4 of the way through I realized they only announced two Zero Hour matches and it had to be leading to a singles. I was about to wonder aloud which agent needed to get fired for relegating the Kingston / Akyiama interaction to 90 seconds. I was quite bummed for Kingston thinking he built this match idea up in his mind for 20 years to get 90 seconds of interaction. Glad they're getting a singles today.

Athena as a heel is far more fun.

I know this is a small thing but I'm bummed they've just been using the normal set for PPVs. Seems like that's what's happening here too. The normal set is already up, so I'd assume they aren't going to deconstruct that to put up a modified original PPV one. We'll see. But that's a real bummer for me. The PPVs having actual sets was one of my favorite differences between AEW & WWE.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I was about to wonder aloud which agent needed to get fired for relegating the Kingston / Akyiama interaction to 90 seconds. I was quite bummed for Kingston thinking he built this match idea up in his mind for 20 years to get 90 seconds of interaction. Glad they're getting a singles today.

This

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 4:15 PM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I was all set to come in here and rant about how baffling the layout of the tag was. About 3/4 of the way through I realized they only announced two Zero Hour matches and it had to be leading to a singles. I was about to wonder aloud which agent needed to get fired for relegating the Kingston / Akyiama interaction to 90 seconds. I was quite bummed for Kingston thinking he built this match idea up in his mind for 20 years to get 90 seconds of interaction. Glad they're getting a singles today.

Funny, I had the opposite reaction. With all the teasing throughout the match, and Kingston/Akiyama only really having the illegal contact at the end, I immediately thought, "Okay, there MUST be a singles match coming." Very well done, overall.