DVDVR Message Board

UFC 281: Adesanya vs. Pereira (11/12/2022) - New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)

Elsalvajeloco

FdbUtH9UUAA0ln7.jpg?1664139670

UFC 281: Adesanya vs. Pereira 
November 12, 2022
New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)

UFC Middleweight Championship: Israel Adesanya © (185) vs. Alex Pereira (184.6) (sixth defense) - Pereira, TKO (strikes), R5 (2:01)
UFC Women's Strawweight Championship: Carla Esparza © (114.8) vs. Weili Zhang (114.8) (first defense) - Zhang, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (1:05)
Dustin Poirier (156) vs. Michael Chandler (155.8) - Poirier, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (3:00)
Frankie Edgar (135.6) vs. Chris Gutiérrez (136) - Gutiérrez, KO (knee), R1 (2:01)
Dan Hooker (155.8) vs. Claudio Puelles (155.2) - Hooker, TKO (front kick to the body), R2 (4:06)

ESPNews / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Brad Riddell (155.6) vs. Renato Carneiro (155.8) - Riddell, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (3:20)
Dominick Reyes (205.4) vs. Ryan Spann (206.6)** - Spann, KO (punch), R1 (1:20)
Molly McCann (125.4) vs. Erin Blanchfield (125) - Blanchfield, SUB (kimura), R1 (3:37)
Andre Petroski (185.8) vs. Wellington Turman (185.2) - Petroski, DEC (unanimous)

ESPNews / Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Matt Frevola (154.8) vs. Ottman Azaitar (155.6) - Frevola, KO (punch), R1 (2:30)
Karolina Kowalkiewicz (115.6) vs. Silvana Gómez Juárez (115.6) - Kowalkiewicz, DEC (unanimous)
Mike Trizano (147.6)* vs. Seung Woo Choi (145.6) - Trizano, KO (punches), R1 (4:51)
Julio Arce (135.8) vs. Montel Jackson (135.8) - Jackson, DEC (unanimous)
Carlos Ulberg (205.2) vs. Nicolae Negumereanu (206) - Ulberg, KO (punches), R1 (3:44)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight 
**Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Weili Zhang
Performance of the Night: Alex Pereira
Fight of the Night: Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler

Attendance: 20,845
Gate: $11.56 million

• Like 1

• Elsalvajeloco changed the title to UFC 281: Adesanya vs. Pereira (11/12/2022) - New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)

Looking forward to this particularly Adesanya/Pereira, Pereira by KO/TKO in R3 and Poirier/Chandler. I expect a Fight of the Year candidate in the latter. Someone is getting KO'd there. Fancy Chandler wins via KO in R2. Seeing Esparaza as champion unfortunately 're reminds me of that God awful fucking fight with Thug Rose last time out in one of the worst I've ever seen. Shame it's not Zhang/Rose III.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Stoked for the main event.   I know that armchair analyst will say that this is MMA and not kickboxing, but how confident is Izzy really going into a title defense against a man that probably has his number?  The last time he stepped into the ring with this man, he was knocked cold in the third.   I don't give a fuck who you are and how good you think you are, you never forget the guys that put you to sleep.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Stoked for the main event.   I know that armchair analyst will say that this is MMA and not kickboxing, but how confident is Izzy really going into a title defense against a man that probably has his number?  The last time he stepped into the ring with this man, he was knocked cold in the third.   I don't give a fuck who you are and how good you think you are, you never forget the guys that put you to sleep.

This with the power Pereira possesses.

5 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Man... Dominck Reyes. Damn. That chin absolutely disappeared once Jan dropped him for the belt. The Jiri and now the Spann KO's have been really ugly.

Stepped into a jab and went down in a heap.

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

He got stung early and after that I knew it was a matter of time. Just a crazy career trajectory.

IN OTHER NEWS....

Moicano just dropped the front runner for post-fight promo of the night... MOICANO WANT MONEY.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Man... Dominck Reyes. Damn. That chin absolutely disappeared once Jan dropped him for the belt. The Jiri and now the Spann KO's have been really ugly.

35 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Sounds like Chuck Liddell. When the chin goes...

Edited by The Natural