DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 10/31 - 11/6/2022

nofuture

22 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Maybe they could move the Elimination Chamber match to Survivor Series with War Games which is more of a faction warfare type deal and have the Chamber for singles guys.

Yes. Let's throw throw HIAC up there too and really test these arena ceiling weight capacities lol.

Jokes aside, that's a logistical impossibility to suspend the War Games cage & Elimination Chamber at the same time. They could construct the War Games cage on the spot I guess like the old blue bar cage, but then my next question would be why? Gimmick overkill. Let it breathe. We don't need WWE's version of TNA Lockdown where there's 8 different cage gimmicks on the same show.

We're going right into the ACTION! with Bianca Belair versus the refurbished Nikki Cross!  New Nikki is FUN!  GINORMOUS BUMP on the floor by Cross.  Cross attacks all of DMG CNTRL!  Postmatch, DMG CNTRL attack Belair!  Asuka and Alexa Bliss make the save!  That was fun.  It's Austin Theory versus Seth Rollins!  I missed something.  When did Seth Rollins turn face?  It works because Theory is a good heel.  Rollins hits a good Tope!  And ANOTHER!  Beautiful Falcon Arrow by Rollins.  They go all Guerrero/Malenko with wacky roll-ups!  Fun nearfall after Theory hits his finisher. Fun nearfall after Theory hits a different finisher!  This match is great.  Austin takes forever to get around to hitting the Pedigree and Rollins reverses it and hits his Kick Thing for the win!  That match was fucking great.  Oh no!  More Karl Anderson!  I always dread it and then the match starts and it is usually fine.  Damien Priest is his opponent.  Priest is bumping big for Anderson and then Anderson leans into Priest's Super Kick on the floor.  Nice Released.... Falcon Arrow? by Priest.  Nice Spinebuster by Anderson.  Anderson hits a backslide for the pin and Judgement Day hits the ring and they set up AJ Styles bringing in someone to handle Ripley.  I guess Shayna Baszler?  She's healthy, right?  That would rule.  Matt Riddle is dressed as Ezekiel!  The Alpha Academy comes out as the fucking FANTASTICS!  Okay, this is GREAT!  Otis is a better Patrick Swayze than Chad Gable, moves wise.  I await the CRUSHING of pumpkins.  Otis is fucking RULING it in this, incorporating the male stripperness into his offense.  Chad Gable goes through a table!  Riddle hits a pumpkin be-headed RKO for the pin!  That wasn't long enough and the wrong guy went over.  It's the Miz versus Mustafa Ali!  This should be good.  One forgets how good the Miz is.  He is a good heel and he will lay it in.  Dexter Lumis runs in.  Ali hits a very nice Super Kick and a 450 Splash to get the win!  That was perfectly fine.  It's Asuka and Alexa Bliss versus Dakota Kai and IYO SKY!  We spend the beginning of the match waiting for IYO SKY and Asuka to get in the ring together.  Until then IYO SKY beats the fudge out of Alexa Bliss.  Bliss looks pretty good in this.  Asuka tags in and beats the crud out of Dakota Kai and FINALLY IYO versus Asuka!  AND IT FUCKING RULES!  IYO SKY is bumping like a total wild woman.  A lot of stuff happens.  NASTY Double Knees to the corner by IYO into Asuka.  This match is fucking great.  BIANCA IS BELLY TO BAILEYED THROUGH A TABLE!  Twisted Bliss and Asuka and Bliss are the new tag team champions!  That match was fucking GREAT.  That was some quality professional wrestling.

• Like 4

Bianca/Nikki was good.

The Brock/Bobby pull apart brawl was what it needed to be. 

Seth/Theory was better than expected. The two gelled a good bit and had some nice moments.

Anderson/Priest was ok while it lasted.

Otis/Riddle and Miz/Ali were ok. 

JBL talking up Texas only to shit on it amused me.

The reveal with Gargano was the good kind of dumb with Johnny re-enacting all the parts. Kind of like the idea that Miz took advantage of a broke Lumis to win himself sympathy. 

Io/Dakota vs. AsukalAlexa was rough in parts but generally solid, particularly when Asuka was in the ring. The crowd noticeably came alive more once that happened. DC losing the belts already though feels rather dumb and unnecessary.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Io/Dakota vs. AsukalAlexa was rough in parts but generally solid, particularly when Asuka was in the ring. The crowd noticeably came alive more once that happened. DC losing the belts already though feels rather dumb and unnecessary.

I'm GUESSING that Bayley wins the belt?

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

io/Dakota vs. AsukalAlexa was rough in parts but generally solid, particularly when Asuka was in the ring. The crowd noticeably came alive more once that happened. DC losing the belts already though feels rather dumb and unnecessary.

Yep. I thought we'd get DC holding the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship and Bayley holding the WWE RAW Women's Championship. Thought that at Extreme Rules as well. Make them a dominant faction.

Yeah, the women's tag was really choppy in some parts.  I really didn't get into the match until Asuka and Io gave a ground grappling class right in the middle of the match.  Happy to see Asuka and Alexa win, but why give this away for free?  This would've been a perfectly fine mid-carder on some PPV where big wins matter.  A Twisted Bliss win here just means that they'll get beat by Io and Kota on a bigger stage later on, IMO.

Edited by J.T.

I missed the show because of Halloween and being drained beyond all belief for the Phillies even though they got rained out last night. Earth was simply not ready for a Phillies World Series home game on Halloween.

But I did see this floating around on Twitter. Rhea Ripley is the best.

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Why I'm glad there's no current female members of the Bloodline.

"Mom, have you ever had that "Not-so-uce" feeling?"

(there's an old commercial reference. I don't think we'd see commercials for that now :))

Made me think of what I learned a few nights ago

• Haha 7

I heard about R-Truth on Twitter.  I dread watching this.  Ah, yeah that was bad.  I hope he didn't tear anything in his knee.  It's Kiana James!  It's Thea Hail!  NXT channels WOW!   This is a little better than your average WOW rookie match because they have slightly better trainers.  Plus it's live so they can't edit the fudge out of this match like they do on WOW.  That was pretty good.  It's Zoey Stark versus Indi Hartwell!  Speaking of someone who got TRAINED UP, look at Zoey Stark.  I remember she was good in the indies but she is 400% better since debuting in WWE.  This is two gals ready to get called up to Monday or Friday- Zoey more than Indi.  They are fucking laying it in.  I'm guessing that is what they taught her at the PC,  "You're on TV.  Make it look real."  Hartwell hits  some nice Lariats.  Zoey Stark IS Eddie Kingston!  Hartwell takes advantage of Nikkita Lyons distracting Stark by trying to get Zoey Stark to wrestle like a wuss.  That was good.   It's Valentina Feroz against Cora Jade!  Whoa!  Jade TOWERS over Feroz.  Cagematch.net doesn't have her height but she has to be 5'1" at the most.  Maybe Jade is 5'8" and I never noticed.  Jade is fucking great since turning evil and she is beating Feroz's butt!  Feroz is fun as our sympathetic babyface, though she doesn't have the FIGHTING SPIRIT of Roxanne Perez.  She gets a couple of fiery babyface comebacks before Jade CRUSHES her.  Postmatch, Wendy Choo RETURNS!  Pretty Deadly! Taking on Bron Breakker and Wes Lee!  Kit!  Elton!  Let me go back to the beginning because I fast forwarded to see how horrible R-Truth injury was.  Pretty Deadly look like Steel Panther!  Wes Lee states the obvious and says that they do have beautiful hair.  Bron and Wes get all meta talking about how the start of the show goes.  That was fun.  Pretty Deadly are wearing shirts like the Hell's Angles, which was Adrian Street and Bobby Barnes.  Pretty Deadly Kit is great being all fussy while SHINING UP Wes Lee!  Breakker is a TOTAL physical FREAK as he does a standing Moonsault.  Prince is awesome taking Breakker's offense big.  Prince ends the Make The Babyface Look Good phase and they start beating on Wes Lee for a minute.  Kit goes all Fabulous One's by being pretty but also beating the fuck out of Wes Lee.  Bron is good on the apron getting the crowd behind Wes Lee's STRUGGLE to escape the horrendous ass beating handed out by Pretty Deadly!  Breakker makes the hot tag and Breakker is a lunatic!  Carmello Hayes makes an inexplicable run-in and cost them the belts!  That was good.  Pretty Deadly are so fucking awesome.  That was a good episode.

• Like 2