DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 10/26/2022

The Natural

Stokley sucks. go away heat. Deflating ending to an otherwise good show. I was having flashbacks to the Dark Order destroying the Elite. No intrigue added to what should be a big time main event by having midcarders beat them up.

Opening tag was great, finish came out of nowhere, wasn't expecting Claudio to just straight up pin Jericho like that. Riho's always gold. Awesome tag contenders match and Bryan/Sammy ruled. 

• Like 5

Just now, DreamBroken said:

Stokley sucks. go away heat. Deflating ending to an otherwise good show. I was having flashbacks to the Dark Order destroying the Elite. No intrigue added to what should be a big time main event by having midcarders beat them up.

Opening tag was great, finish came out of nowhere, wasn't expecting Claudio to just straight up pin Jericho like that. Riho's always gold. Awesome tag contenders match and Bryan/Sammy ruled. 

Angle could have been far more effective IMO with MJF paying off some some GCW mercenaries in the role of The Firm rather than Ethan Page and Big Cass. Like let Nick Gage and Homicide play Matsunaga with MJF getting carved right the fuck up tonight. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

That and Jay Lethal/Sonjay Dutt/Satnam Singh beating up Samoa Joe straight after Joe/Minoru Suzuki.

Just now, For Great Justice said:

Angle could have been far more effective IMO with MJF paying off some some GCW mercenaries in the role of The Firm rather than Ethan Page and Big Cass. Like let Nick Gage and Homicide play Matsunaga with MJF getting carved right the fuck up tonight. 

This.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Shame Tony killed working with GCW, that might've worked.

I can't decide what was the best match tonight.  FTR vs Lee/Strickland was fucking great but Sammy vs Dragon was WILDLY better than I expected.  Fuck, the opening tag match was fucking great.  Riho taking a total ass beating from Jamie Hayter was really great.  Prolly FTR/SIYG.  Maybe.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I can't decide what was the best match tonight.  FTR vs Lee/Strickland was fucking great but Sammy vs Dragon was WILDLY better than I expected.  Fuck, the opening tag match was fucking great.  Riho taking a total ass beating from Jamie Hayter was really great.  Prolly FTR/SIYG.  Maybe.

Bryan Danielson/Sammy Guevara.

• Like 1

Riho/Hayter was match of the night. you know who we always seem to end up debating how Adam Cole & The Bucks offence doesn't match their physical size?  Riho is the opposite of that in that she knows how to play underdog due to her size really well. And when she goes on offence its believable because its due to her being small quick and nimble, Hayter makes a mistake and Riho is always "you can't catch me!". Plus Hayters version of the short arm clothesline is just tremendous one of my favorite moves. Looking forward to her and Toni in a MWSM special

• Like 6

(100% not safe for work for swears)

I am in a foul mood after a shit day at work and hated most of the show despite a game crowd trying to will some sloppy, contrived stuff. At least my king is back and not soon enough. 

The sweater is nice but he's not doing it for me. I didn't really love him in Evolve but I thought he showed a lot more in the clips I'd see of him on twitter in NXT. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Wild that Mox-Penta is clearly the worst match but Penta is going to tell a story, and it’s the same story he’s told 100 times and we’ve all heard it an it’s getting old.

FTR-SIOG is a sleeper MOTYC candidate, like we know FTR is probably best tag team in the world right now and SIOG are solid and weird and full of surprises but holy shit did they over-deliver and give us a classic match with one of the all-time builds. Plus good lord Keith Lee fucking leapfrogging both guys and then immediately doing a drop down would have been impressive for a guy 150 pounds lighter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Riho/Hayter was match of the night. you know who we always seem to end up debating how Adam Cole & The Bucks offence doesn't match their physical size?  Riho is the opposite of that in that she knows how to play underdog due to her size really well. And when she goes on offence its believable because its due to her being small quick and nimble, Hayter makes a mistake and Riho is always "you can't catch me!". Plus Hayters version of the short arm clothesline is just tremendous one of my favorite moves. Looking forward to her and Toni in a MWSM special

The announcers did a fantastic job during the match as well, talking about Riho being trained to fight from underneath, choosing her moments, and how being so small means her hips are already underneath making for an easier snap on the suplex.

• Like 4

Sammy no longer has the cheap neckbeard heat for having a beautiful wife and his ring work has regressed if anything. I would seriously think of letting him walk or cutting the cord. I don't see a lot in him moving forward. That match was all Danielson.

edit:

oh yeah

After a tremendous outing last week, this was the "bad" MJF this week. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2