DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 10/24 - 10/30/2022

Dolfan in NYC

JD-Ilya was great stuff. Dragunov is so super corny and over-the-top and fighting spirit-y and would have absolutely been laughed out of the arena a number of years ago, but he's so perfect in this exact era of WWE. I could see Triple H bringing him up to face Gunther on the big show. JD McDonagh is amazing. I love both those guys.

The Battling Brutes versus Bloodline feud kicks in early with Butch and Ridge Holland takes on Sami Zayn and Solo Sikoa!  Butch is WILD!  Solo is WILDER, killing Butch on the outside. Butch makes Solo look like a total killer.  Sami makes Holland look like a total killer.  Butch makes Sami look like a total killer.  Butch rolls up Sami after Sami and Jey argue for a while.  Maxine Dupree looks like an X-Man!  Maximum Male Models take on the New Day!  Man.soor is the Ricky Morton of the MMM, in that he works the body of the match.  Ma.ce appears to be the Robert Gibson, hanging out on the apron.  Nice Decapitation by New Day.  Hey!  It's Tennille Dashwood!  She gets to get beat up by Ronda Rousey!  She does a Tarantula!  A nearfall!  Then Ronda Rousey mauls her for a while.  Emma has a comeback!  Side Russian Legsweep FOR TWO!  EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX by Emma!  Rousey with an armbar and Emma taps!  That was waaaaay better than one would figure it would be.  Shinsuke Nakamura tags with Hit Row against the Legado Del Fantasma!  Ashante Adonis is the Ricky Morton of Hit Row in that he is better at working the body of the match and selling an assbeating.  Escobar and Nakamura are fun in the ring together.  Top Dolla does many fun power moves!  Nakamura kicks a descendent of Fantasmo in the head and gets the pin!  That was fine.  It's Karrion Kross versus Madcap Moss!  Moss is good in the ring.  Kross looks good in this, selling big for Moss.  Nice Northern Lights Suplex into a Lariat by Kross.  Moss makes Kross look good, selling Kross's ponderous offense.  Nice Lariat by Moss.  Crappy Spinebuster followed up by a perfectly fine Fall Away Slam by Moss.  Slight distraction by Scarlett allows Kross to hit a Saito Suplex.  Kross hits a Hidden Blade and gets the pin.  That was kinda uninspiring.  That was kind of an underwhelming episode- wrestlingwise.  

• Like 2

Right now the #1 thing to show that Vince is long long gone is how Sami Zayn has made almost every Bloodline member break character multiple times and he is almost getting rewarded for it.  this week was the closest we got from just all them losing it.  Jey definitely did

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hit Row needs somebody like R Truth when the next draft happens.

Happy Emma is back. Closer to getting Peyton Royce and Billie Kay back someday maybe in the future.

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Right now the #1 thing to show that Vince is long long gone is how Sami Zayn has made almost every Bloodline member break character multiple times and he is almost getting rewarded for it.  this week was the closest we got from just all them losing it.  Jey definitely did

24 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Sami Zayn / Sami Uso is the best character in wrestling today.

17 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

The Bloodline segment was the most I've laughed in wrestling in a long, lont time.  Seeing them all try to keep it together and running with "Ucey".  PHenomenal TV.

11 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

The Bloodline storyline is as good as it’s ever been, two years into it. Amazing. 

All this. The Bloodline and Sami Zayn's addition to it is one of the best things WWE's ever done.

Brutes vs. Smai/Solo was good. Caught the last few minutes of the Bloodline segment and they were tremendous. Sami was hilarious and Roman's reaction and comments were perfect. You can tell how much Roman loves this storyline since he can break and it not be out of character at all. Loved him threatening to bring Sami even further into to fold just to piss of Jey.

New Day vs. MMM was short but fun.

Ronda/Emma was a bit rough but decent. Was enever into Emma the way others were so I'm kind of indifferent on her if this is a full return. 

Hit Row & Nakamura vs. LDF was decent fun.

Skipped the main. I just can't give Kross and Moss that much of my time when its just them.

• Like 1

Sami is reaching GOAT levels with his time among the Bloodline. I'll say it til I'm pushing daisies but I can absolutely see this Bloodline arc turning all of the good bubbas into HoF'ers once the story wraps up. 2 years going so far and they've just begun to crack open tons of opportunities for everyone to go big time

✊

Edited by Hayabusa

28 minutes ago, EVA said:

No shots(!), but I have to assume anyone excited to see Emma back hasn’t watched any Tenille Dashwood matches over the last 5 years. She’s looked thoroughly washed for a long time now.

She could get a five year run out of being a zany comedy face instead of a burnt out sunglasses heel.

"Ucey" coming out of nowhere and breaking up not only Roman but both Uces is an all-time moment. Live television and only Sami's goofy ass and a stoic Heyman probably thinking of his grandma's funeral aren't laughing. SEND FOR THE MAN~!

Other than that the only match of relevance to me was the opener. Solo is a beast. I was real pissed when that dumb Kross match started going long and I realized we were getting more Bray nonsense instead of the GUNTHER/Rey match we deserved. Since I refused to watch it, what even happened? 

• Like 3