DVDVR Message Board

THE 2022 WORLD SERIES - PHILADELPHIA vs. HOUSTON

Dolfan in NYC

11 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Dammit this means Verlander gets another start sooner 

Dusty seemed to imply it depends on what happens in Game 4

As of now - Dusty said Javier is “probably” starting G4

if a October 28-November 6 World Series is a little too much, at least the plan for next year is... October 27-November 4, 2023.

I think they might need to maneuver in a few years to they don't want to have the World Series on a Presidential election night? (as opposed to last year when game 6 was taking place during New Jersey/Virginia/etc election night). Just imagine the ratings on November 2nd, 2032 with the Presidency and game 4 of the World Series between the Astros and the Rockies.

If you go off of the HOF-related stats on Baseball-Ref, Bryce Harper is still a bit behind the average HOFer in everything, but it's possible that hitting a bunch of postseason homers could help Harper's HOF case a little but the case relies on him being an MLB regular through his 30s.

Right now Bryce has 11 postseason homers in 33 games with a homer in every postseason series he's played except for the 2016 NLDS.

Here's the list of 'similar batters' to Bryce through 29 (BBRef's similarity score will group him with other outfielders with similar stats through 29):

1. Barry Bonds
  2. Justin Upton
  3. Prince Fielder
  4. Darryl Strawberry
  5. Mike Trout
  6. Duke Snider
  7. Shawn Green
  8. Freddie Freeman
  9. Carl Yastrzemski
  10. Adam Dunn

So 2 HOFers (Snider/Yaz), 1 who isn't in the hall due to BBWAA voter morals (Bonds), 2 current players (Trout/Freeman), and the other 5 are Upton who is probably done as a regular, Prince who retired at 32, Darryl who played 100+ games once after turning 30 due to drugs/illness/etc, Green who was done at 34, and Adam Dunn who was also done at 34.

The NL having a DH might be the best possible thing for a Bryce Harper HOF case due to his perennial injury problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Kind of? 

lol oops

Eesh maybe that kind of thing merits a mound visit especially after Bryce is like hey homie he’s tipping pitches here’s what you need to do and then homie goes ahead and hits another one and you’re like what’s going on

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Trying to find sympathy for the fan of a near-perennial division winning juggernaut complaining about the probable Cy Young winner starting for their team in the World Series, and I'm struggling.  

In my defense, I'm a Rockets and Texans fan.

• Haha 1