DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 10/12/2022

This Dynamite ruled. Months ago I said it was going to be a really awesome moment when OC would get a title shot and come out to Jane. It happened. I got goosebumps. And it was probably the best match between OC and PAC. I like how in addition to the Benoit body, PAC has also started incorporating snot rockets onto his opponents.

• Like 9

The problem with this turn is that there's absolutely no match I want to see out of it right now, at least not more than wanting to see these guys wrestle other people.

Maybe Mox or Claudio vs Garcia if they can transition it.

I don't necessarily want to see Yuta vs Garcia again. I don't necessarily want to see Garcia vs Danielson again. I haven't seen Jericho vs Danielson from tonight yet (will catch hour#2 tomorrow) but I don't even necessarily want to see that, let alone see it twice. There are about 40 guys on the roster I'd rather see Jericho or Garcia wrestle than Danielson and 40 that I'd rather see Danielson wrestle than Jericho or Garcia, even if things got even more heated up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great show with a super hot crowd. Jungle/Luchasaurus was solid. Always dig the massive FTR pop. I guess Spears is cool with Wardlow again lol. Billy/Swerve was fun as expected.

Realy loved the Moxley/Hangman promo. Hangman's "I AM A MAN!" and almost busting himself open mid-promo Flair style was the best. Definitely has me looking forward to that match next week.

Jericho/Bryan was good stuff again. Was not at all expecting the Garcia turn as I thought like others that it would eventually set up Garcia vs Jericho. Loved Excalibur's "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" Definitely hoping for more Jericho vs. former ROH champs. 

Women's tag also good stuff, great finishing sequence and Shida continues her on fire week. I had forgotten about Orange/Pac when the women's tag was starting and thought it was  the main event.

Orange/Pac delivers the goods once again and finally gets us the epic feel good moment of Orange Cassidy becoming champion, loved it. 

• Like 4

I love Adam Page: Fashion Icon almost as much as I love Adam Page: Grown-ass man.

Billy Gunn looks great but you can tell he's lost a step in ring, he's about to turn 59 though so he's still super impressive.

Jungle Boy is spinning his wheels, I said it in the discord but I feel like the move would have been for him to squash Christian and move on if Christian was unable to have the match. It's starting to feel less like I want to see the heels get their comeuppance and more that Jungle Boy is becoming a choke artist of Lugaresque proportions. 

Shawn Spears as a face doesn't smell right. He still needs to redeem himself to Wardlow somehow, I know he got powerbombed into dirt but they should at least have had him make a save or something.

Glad Nyla is getting TV time. 

Main event was great. How did Pac's ear start bleeding?

Edited by Sammo~!
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Sammo~! said:

Shawn Spears as a face doesn't smell right. He still needs to redeem himself to Wardlow somehow, I know he got powerbombed into dirt but they should at least have had him make a save or something.

Pretty sure Spears turns on them tomorrow. If nothing else, it makes the feud four vs four instead of five faces vs three heels.

Glad Nyla is getting TV time. 

Did she? What did she do?

1 minute ago, tbarrie said:

Pretty sure Spears turns on them tomorrow. If nothing else, it makes the feud four vs four instead of five faces vs three heels.

Promo segment with Renee, quoted Judge Dredd, set up a match vs Anna JAS

Oh yeah, Hangman's promo was the promo of a lifetime. Another one that gave me goosebumps. A younger me would say that guy is my hero. Instead I'll just say that so much of what he spoke of is what I feel. I'm depressed, I'm anxious, the meds aren't working, but I go on to another day. I want Hangman to win so bad now and if he does, I'm guessing MJF "cashes in" and wins the title himself.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tbarrie said:

She had a pretty funny backstage promo where she's going more and more face.

Promo segment with Renee, quoted Judge Dredd, set up a match vs Anna JAS

Oh good. Is that for Rampage?

More generally, where would those of us who were at the show turn for a recap of everything that was announced backstage and by the announcers?

2 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Oh good. Is that for Rampage?

More generally, where would those of us who were at the show turn for a recap of everything that was announced backstage and by the announcers?

Oof, uh, I would maybe say avoid F4W. Cagesideseats? I think they do a recap of the show as it goes on.

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

FUCK YEAH!

Thanks! I missed this. Northeast floor row 19 to 20 got cleared out with a shouting battle turned full on fist fight. The battle raged on for what seemed like 5 minutes with no security present. Insane and incredibly unsafe, but also thrilling! La-la-Loved this show. Such a fun crowd. Road Report being tallied. Let's compare notes @Infinit 

p.s. Lookout Monday for Athena v Jody Threat on Elevation. Super fun crowd for what looked fantastic - only caught the latter portion.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2