DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/13/22 - Albany, NY

Start of tapings were delayed for an hour due to the show not being allowed to start until paramedics were at the venue.

*Taped for BTI: The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) def. Raj Singh & Shera (7:15) when Sabin pinned Raj with the Cradle Shock

Impact Wrestling - Airing October 13, 2022 from Albany, NY

*Josh Alexander opens the show with a promo. Josh talks about defeating Eddie Edwards at Bound for Glory and says he's not waiting on anyone to call their shot as he calls out Bully Ray. Bully talks about how he's done things in this business but now he wants to do things the right way. Josh questions trusting Bully. Steve Maclin interrupts and and says Bully is only out for himself and stabs everyone in the back. Maclin asks how many more former champions he has to go through. Moose interrupts and talks about learning from Bully Ray, saying they are both scumbags. Bobby Fish interrupts and runs down the others, then challenges Josh for the title tonight which he accepts. 

*Killer Kelly def. Tasha Steelz (w/ Savannah Evans) (6:56) via Killer Clutch with a steel chain submission in a No DQ match

*Trey Miguel def. Alex Zayne, Black Taurus (w/ Crazzy Steve), Laredo Kid, Kenny King, & Yuya Uemura (9:54) by pinning Zayne in a 6 man scramble. 

*Deonna Purrazzo, Chelsea Green, & Gisele Shaw def. Rosemary, Taya Valkyrie, & JesSICKa (5:44) when Gisele pinned Rosemary after the running knee

*Matt Cardona def. Bhupinder Gujjar (4:24) with Radio Silence after a distraction from Brian Myers

*Josh Alexander(c) def. Bobby Fish (16:57) after the C4 Spike to retain the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship. After the match, new X Division Champ Frankie Kazarian comes out and announces that he is cashing in Option C with the X title for a shot at the world title.

Edited by DreamBroken

Awesome!  I get to fast forward through 22 minutes of yammering about the title!  It's Tasha Steelz!  It's Killer Kelly!  Kelly is selling Steelz offense BIG!  Steelz headbutt looked great and I couldn't tell if she connected at all- THUS the perfect headbutt.  This IS IMPACT! so there COULD be blood.  I mean, Masha versus Allie Katch was just two weeks ago.  Kelly makes Steelz tap!  That was fine.  They should have waited eight months or so before doing another death match because it was not nearly as good as Masha/Katch and it was waaaay too soon to not compare the two.  Black Taurus is once again the best thing in his match.  Yuya hits a completely nuts Plancha-Type Thing that Taurus completely saves him from breaking his own neck.  Black Taurus rules so hard and should be the IMPACT! world champion.  Trey Miguel and Alex Zayne hit Stereo Tope Con Hilos.  Kenny King hits a Buff Blockbuster to a mounting of humanity.  Laredo Kid hits a nasty Michinoku Driver on Kenny King.  Trey Miguel totally fucks up Alex Zayne's neck with a twisting flipping head crushing thing and gets the pin!  That was a basic IMPACT! six way clusterfuck and Black Taurus tried to keep everybody's neck in one piece.  It's VXT!  Chelsea Green and Deonna Purrazzo are joined by Gisele Shaw, who will totally lay it in.  The Death Dollz!  JesSICKA is once again with the hot pink BATTLE COAT~!  Green is awesome being the whimpering heel SHINING UP THE BABYFACES!  Taya and JesSICKA are SO the perfect KnockOuts champions.  Taya becomes our babyface in peril!  Rosemary is our House A-FIRE!  This is good.  The finish is very elaborate!  Shaw gets the pin by being the last gal to hit her finisher in a Finisher Cavalcade!  That was fun.  HEY!  MATT CARDONA IS BACK!  It's the Konosuke Takeshita of IMPACT!, Bhupinder Gujjar!  Cardona is such a GREAT chickenshit heel.  This match is good.  I assume Cardona got his mouth busted up when Gujjar slipped on the ropes hitting that elbow drop.  YAY!  MATT CARDONA!  It's Bobby Fish versus Josh Alexander!  This should be good.  Fish looks fucking great in this.  He goes totally BattlARTS and it rules.  Fish is channeling Katsumi Usuda and he punches Alexander right in the face.  Josh Alexander seems to have a shootery gimmick but he is 99% US Pro Style, but a semi-Steiner pro style.  BEAUTIFUL BACKDROP DRIVER BY FISH.  Oh man,  they have got to do Fish versus Eddie Edwards before Fish goes back to WWE 205.  Oh man, Fish is 100 percent dangerous and high angle.  This is two Japanese style matches in a row for Alexander.  Alexander with a Moonsault FOR TWO!  Oh man, Fish is the new Alexander Otsuka countering the Ankle Lock with the Triangle Choke!  GREAT FUCKING PILEDRIVER BY ALEXANDER FOR THE WIN!  That match was fucking great.  Bobby Fish is so made for IMPACT!  OPTION C! OPTION C! OPTION C!  Option C is such an awesome IMPACT! specific thing.  Kazarian versus Alexander will be good.  Not as good as Alexander versus Eddie Edwards or Alexander versus Bobby Fish, but it will be good.  That was a good episode with a GREAT main event. 

• Like 1

I wonder if Impact in 60 is no longer as this was the first time in a couple years AXS didn't air Impact in 60 or an old PPV in the afternoon. Always enjoyed each week of Impact in 60 having a different subject for its' "Best of"

Super long opening promo but I love the whole 'Josh has challenges coming at every angle' aspect. I like Bully Ray being back in the mix. Most of the matches were pretty short tonight. Disappointingly so in the case of Kelly/Tasha, as especially with a stipulation match it wasn't able to match the previous match they had, but still an enjoyable little match and both are great. Fun X Division spotfest as usual, nice win for Trey who it was surprising to see not make the BFG card at all.

VXT are such a great team. I'll be sad and disappointed if Chelsea ends up leaving as rumors have started to suggest. Solid trios match. Loved their later interaction with Mickie. Definitely down for Mickie revisiting those feuds along the Last Rodeo which I hope lasts as long as possible.

Very good main event between Josh and Fish. Josh's moonsault ruled and the finish looked killer. Show flew by quick. Kazarian/Josh should be another excellent match.

Wasn't too into the promo parade to start the show but it at least established a good slew of guys who have valid reasons to warrant a shot against Josh. Liking the intrigue with Bully too. Like... he totally has to reveal this is all a clever ruse but... it seemed genuine, not wanting to go out the villain. 

Chelsea and Deonna are so great together. I went to an indy show this past weekend that had Chelsea vs. Rosemary on it so was fun to see this six woman as an unofficial continuation of that.

Liked the little moment with Heath and Rhino and the Machine Guns too, that'll be a fun one when it happens.

Fish vs. Josh was amazing. Fish is great. Josh is fantastic. No surprises there.

• Like 1