DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

If the Padres pull this off and take out LA I think it would be fair to suggest that the popular narrative on the Mets being the most disgraceful failures in baseball history for losing the WC series needs to be reevaluated.

The CBP crowd yesterday was one of the most insane baseball crowds. It was a perfect storm. 11 years of disappointment. 2 years of pandemic life. They've been on the road for a while and everyone thought they were going to fade out but they came back as conquering heroes. The team loves "Dancing On Their Own." And those of us in the Philly area have all seemingly said: "Yes, I know we have the reputation as the most insane sports town in the country so we need to put a lot of distance between us and whoever is second."

I had a few friends at the game who spent $200 a pop just to get standing room tickets. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This Padres team reminds me a little of last year’s Braves. Lacking their big star, making it happen anyway. It’s been a fun postseason so far.

What big star are they missing?

The Padres have literally two injured players total and neither is named Manny Machado or Juan Soto

1 hour ago, madl said:

I assume he meant Tatis.

I didn't even think of him since he hasn't been there all year

But yeah Tatis is at a minimum 3rd in line now for that team even if he was playing

31 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Inside the park home run by Realmuto.  I guess Acura is ready to be done for the year. 

That was Realmuto’s third career inside the park HR which is just mind blowing

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

But yeah Tatis is at a minimum 3rd in line now for that team even if he was playing

That's silly. Tatis hit 42 homers last year. Juan Soto hit .236 for San Diego. If he was around, he'd be their best player. 

Edited by Tabe

46 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I think we're all collectively underselling the defending champs being 3 outs from being ousted

You mean zero outs.

4a70cb61-9c0fbc14-ce76b916-csvm-diamondx

Edited by Hamhock

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Inside the park home run by Realmuto.  I guess Acura is ready to be done for the year. 

cut to the Liberty Media underground lair where they discuss "what if we trade Acuna with $78M left on his deal to 'make up for' the money spent on other players?"