DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

One thread is more than enough for the rest of the way - especially because there are so many series that no one gives a fuck about

sibqoshzzoqpsqbejnie.jpg

All Wild Card series start on Friday, Oct 7

As a reminder, the Wild Card round is Best of 3 with all three games being hosted by the higher seed

the Blue Jays playing a doubleheader 2 days before a playoff game seems a little more reasonable when you consider that the Mariners played a doubleheader 3 days before a playoff game (yeah the Mariners one was scheduled out way before the Blue Jays one)

these superlate doubleheaders would be a little easier if the teams could just roster 32 players and use the AAA guys to handle some of the work to not overwork the regulars just before the postseason

Cards are starting Jose Quintana Game 1, Miles Mikolas Game 2

The Phillies have announced all three of their starters

• Zack Wheeler in Game 1
  • Aaron Nola in Game 2
  • Ranger Suarez if the series gets to Game 3

Padres are going with Yu Darvish in Game 1 and Blake Snell will be the Game 2 starter (Joe Musgrove would most likely be the Game 3 starter if necessary)

Mets are using Max Scherzer in Game 1 but Buck says he isn't ready to say who the Game 2 starter will be (basically the NY media has figured out that Buck will start deGrom if the Mets lose Game 1, Chris Bassitt if they win)

Over in the AL, the Game 1 starters are

Shane McClanahan vs Shane Bieber

Luis Castillo vs Alex Manoah

Rays will use Tyler Glasnow in Game 2 while the Mariners will use Robbie Ray. Neither the Guardians or Jays have committed to a Game 2 starter yet

23 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

turned into an amazing afternoon for the BestFansStLouis twitter account

Going into tonight the Cardinals were 93-0 ALL-TIME in the postseason when they were leading by at least 2 going into the 9th. 

lol

• Like 1

What is this place? A playoff thread? I don't think I've ever had reason to come in here before. And what is this strange feeling I have after today? I feel like the Mariners might actually be able to win a playoff series. One of my friends told me it's something called "optimism" whatever that is.

St. Louis game was nuts.  I can only imagine what the atmosphere and fallout would have been like If the game had been played last year and was winner take all.  Stunning collapse by the Cads.  

I think I prefer the one-game wc playoff.  I definitely hate the idea that the lower seed doesn’t get a home game.  Mariners will get denied their first home game in two decades unless Seattle upsets the Blue Jays.  Granted, an upset looks more likely today than it did yesterday.  Still, probably isn’t better way to do It unless you want to add travel days and have the WC round take nearly a week.  

Edited by madl
Lots of typos
  • Like 1