DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

Miro's character on that TV show is dead so if he's doing more acting then it isn't for that. I'm guessing that he has to be injured or has another role. I can't see Tony Khan just totally forgetting about the Redeemer especially when there are a ton of people in AEW in top positions that think Miro is awesome. 

Miro does make me wonder if there should be a list of wrestlers that should be on Dynamite for 9 months out of the year. Miro and Eddie are on that list for me. 

• Like 1

Tony Khan has nothing for Miro.

Bloated roster. Not enough TV time, and now they are doing more with ROH. And people actually think turning Rampage into the ROH-branded show is a good idea? When so many talents are now stuck sitting at home for weeks on end?

Edited by TheVileOne

I agree that they don't seem to know where to go with Miro, but I think that he also has to get the HoB stink off before he comes back. Maybe keeping him on ice until MJF wins and gloats over being the Devil.

I like how wrestling fans just assume they know the reason for things. Maybe Miro asked for time off, maybe he's filming a show, maybe he pulled a hammy. There has been no (real) indication from him he is unhappy with his arrangement. Maybe he likes wrestling a few matches a quarter and spending the rest of his time with his hobbies. Maybe he is just beat up from years of the WWE grind and is coasting with an easier schedule. Maybe he is the anti-Brady and wants to spend time with his wife. Point being, everyone always points to Miro as an example of AEW "not knowing what to do with him" even though no one knows what he and TK talk about and if this working for both sides.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I like how wrestling fans just assume they know the reason for things. Maybe Miro asked for time off, maybe he's filming a show, maybe he pulled a hammy. There has been no (real) indication from him he is unhappy with his arrangement. Maybe he likes wrestling a few matches a quarter and spending the rest of his time with his hobbies. Maybe he is just beat up from years of the WWE grind and is coasting with an easier schedule. Maybe he is the anti-Brady and wants to spend time with his wife. Point being, everyone always points to Miro as an example of AEW "not knowing what to do with him" even though no one knows what he and TK talk about and if this working for both sides.

It may be all of those things or it may be none of them. 

6 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Y'all, who does Dalton Castle's voice remind me of?  There's clearly some Vincent Price in there, but that's not entirely it.  I feel like there's a cartoon character that's much closer and it's been driving me crazy since last week.

I think it's just his actual voice.

https://twitter.com/RassslinFan/status/1582541456283119616

7 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Y'all, who does Dalton Castle's voice remind me of?  There's clearly some Vincent Price in there, but that's not entirely it.  I feel like there's a cartoon character that's much closer and it's been driving me crazy since last week.

I figured it out, he sounds like Phineas Phage from Venture Brothers.  Which is basically Bill Hader doing the midpoint voice between Vincent Price and Paul Lynde so @John E. Dynamite and I were both right.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, (BP) said:

Miro’s injury prone and he’s trying to get into acting. Maybe he ekes out the rest of his contract and tries the transition to Hollywood. 

He'd be in his early 40s and with his size and look I could certainly see him as a villain in a superhero film, anyway its good to have a post-wrestling plan

8 hours ago, JLowe said:

My wife asked me if he was actually gay, and I said "I don't know that a major promotion in 2022 would have a hetero playing a queen"  and then Google showed that I was wrong.

I know the guy who plays Dalton Castle is married to a woman, I don't know if he identifies as straight though. I would be interested in seeing an out of character interview with him is it exists

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I know the guy who plays Dalton Castle is married to a woman, I don't know if he identifies as straight though. I would be interested in seeing an out of character interview with him is it exists

Yeah in retrospect I was adhering too much to the binary

Edited by JLowe

Lol, so remember when we were just talking about Miro? I get this text from a friend who works in Hollywood…

IMG_3969.jpg

Miro’s working out at the same gym as my friend. And he’s told me he’s seen him there before so I’m like, you need to actually approach him and just say you’re a big fan of his work, but you miss him on Dynamite.

Turns out, yes, he has another role and isn’t wrestling for the time being, but he hopes to return soon, and him and CJ have a place in the valley for now. And then they exchanged small talk about auditioning.

So we can stop saying that Tony has nothing for him. Dude just realized where he can make money safely.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

I think Miro mentioned in his interview with Renee that he and CJ bought another house in California to be closer to auditions and stuff.

He's also heavily involved in real estate - pretty sure like Tyler Breeze, he's looking to be a landlord (yuck).

And he's invested in some fantasy sports league thing with some sports celebrities or whatever.

Edited by Casey

People are also forgetting that before Miro came to AEW, there was a lot of talk about him being perfectly happy making money streaming and through other ventures. Dude absolutely doesn't need wrestling, which is a bummer for his fans but obviously great for him.

• Like 4