DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

40 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Not on mute, I just had a direct response to Dolphman, while the rest was more of a general response and I'm not 100% clear on how to quote more than one person in a single post. Nothing personal.

I actually meant someone else, but no problem either way. I actually have a few ppl on mute, though I tend to read their posts - it's more a reminder than anything else.

Takeshita was pulled from King of Indies which is November 19…same date as Full Gear. So does our boy get a lowly multi man match, or a nice juicy singles match?

Not coincidentally this will be the third full gear I miss due to being at a wrestling show. First year new japan (ligers final match in the us). Second year was the pandemic so I saw that. Third year new japan and this year I’ll be at king of indies. 

• Like 1

Interestingly, Jericho posted that he'd be coming out to Judas only on Thursday as he's working the Lionheart gimmick on Wednesday. The idea that singing along to Jericho's themesong is likely a legitimate draw to get Canadians to go out to a show that they don't even have airing in the country is a fairly ballsy move.

Here's where I stand on Rampage this week, and I could well be wrong.

They've announced almost nothing for it despite ticket sales not being great.

I'm pretty sure this means the Elite is coming back on Wednesday and a match stemming from that will main event Thursday, with Kenny in Canada as the draw. Just a gut feeling due to AEW's usual business practices.

Maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 3

It doesn't make sense that just because there is a pending lawsuit possibility (which may be true) that Omega and the Young Bucks can't wrestle on TV. Litigation can take literal years, especially if corporations are involved, the idea that they won't be able to wrestle until it is all settled is illogical to me since there is no clear correlation between the two. When they are on TV they are entertainers, not EVPs.  Now obviously it would be very dumb to have them on TV and making any references (playful or not) about the incident, it should be completely ignored. The only way that "rumor" makes sense if it is Omega or the Young Bucks suing AEW, in which case maybe both sides agreed to not have them on TV until it is settled (or buyouts are completed).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Isn't 

Hide contents

Brandon Cutler

back already, and indeed having a match on Elevation tonight?

Cutler, nakazawa, buck all came back after one week. They were determined to have no part in the fighting and were just trying to break things up. Total silence on everyone else. I hope Kenny gets his moment in Canada, that would be super lame for him to miss it if he was relatively innocent in all this. Perhaps he wasn’t. 

• Like 3

There is an important Canadian wrestler who has been off the show for awhile and is due for a big return.

Imagine, the lights go out and then...

Spoiler

shawn-spears-chair-dimension.gif

Make it happen, TK

Edited by elizium
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, elizium said:

I'd be happy with him in Stokeley's group. Him and MJF have good chemistry and there's no reason they wouldn't still interact. He's such a fun stooge

Once they committed to him as a stooge his act really clicked. He was awesome throughout the Wardlow feud. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kafkonia said:

Maybe a championship.

Make him the Champion of Champions. Comes back is "Western States Heritage, NWA Brass Knux, XPW. WWWF International, Continental, USWA Champion" Just a ton of belts. Loses to Dante Martin but keeps the belts because its was a not title match. Actiualy loses a rematch with the belts on the line but Dante doesnt actually want any of them

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, matt925 said:

I hope Kenny gets his moment in Canada, that would be super lame for him to miss it if he was relatively innocent in all this. Perhaps he wasn’t. 

This is what I've been thinking about going by that one pic of Kenny gaming and the bitemark showed on his arm

Everyone at the time was saying that it had to be from Ace which got me thinking about where on the arm the bite was, like was the rumor about Kenny trying to crossface Ace legit? Head lock maybe? Like for all the speculation about the bite, the bite being on the inner arm, not that I'm trying to play detective or anything, but like what could Kenny have been doing to Ace to get bit on that spot?

/Wild speculation 

45 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Make him the Champion of Champions. Comes back is "Western States Heritage, NWA Brass Knux, XPW. WWWF International, Continental, USWA Champion" Just a ton of belts. Loses to Dante Martin but keeps the belts because its was a not title match. Actiualy loses a rematch with the belts on the line but Dante doesnt actually want any of them

I'd love to see a wrestler do a "belt collector" gimmick, only instead of winning matches he or she obtains the belts through eBay auctions, finding them in the trash, buying one at the dollar store, etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, colonial said:

I'd love to see a wrestler do a "belt collector" gimmick, only instead of winning matches he or she obtains the belts through eBay auctions, finding them in the trash, buying one at the dollar store, etc.

I’d be fine with that being Shawn Spears gimmick as long as I don’t have to see him in AEW again.

• Like 1