DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

I am a fan of AEW, I watch most their Dynamites and all their PPVs, but backstage they are a mess. They really need to figure out how to get it under control, whether that means cutting out all the problems, making new rules, hiring more backstage helpers, or all of the above.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

Wait, wait, WAIT: if there's a Death Triangle trios match on Friday now ... does that mean no PAC/Trent?!?!

PAC/Trent is scheduled for Battle of the Belts, Pac could always pull double duty and just take it easy in the trios match?

5 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Someone point out to Dave it's because Tony's too busy trying to win Dave's Booker of the Year than attempt to keep his locker room from killing each other.

Come on, there’s no way anyone else in going to win as long as TK owns the company. Who else is even a realistic possibility? Not Hunter. Does Gedo still book NJPW? Carlos? 

i don’t see how, given Dave’s subscriber base, they don’t sweep the most of the positive awards for the foreseeable future. 

1 minute ago, Sammo~! said:

PAC/Trent is scheduled for Battle of the Belts, Pac could always pull double duty and just take it easy in the trios match?

Pretty sure I've heard Tony say he tries not to book guys in multiple matches in a night, since they usually hate doing it.

2 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Hide the cocaine and baby oil

What a lunatic

Tony’s going to snap when Triple H wins the award and choke out Dave in a parking lot with the Coquina Clutch, isn’t he?

I'm not saying fire Sammy, but he definitely needs some sort of hard lesson or talking to here because this seems to be becoming a recurring issue. 

Sometimes the suspension works sometimes it doesn't. It took quite a few years for Randy Orton to finally mature and come into his own.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm not saying fire Sammy, but he definitely needs some sort of hard lesson or talking to here because this seems to be becoming a recurring issue. 

Sometimes the suspension works sometimes it doesn't. It took quite a few years for Randy Orton to finally mature and come into his own.

Maybe that was the wife and kids? Old school sports managers wanted to have their players get married to get them grounded.

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe that was the idea and kids? Old school sports managers wanted to have their players get married to get them grounded.

Well Sammy just got married, so I'm not sure what else can be done there. He needs to learn that Twitter is not real life.

3 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

They are both idiots are now because of them I have to watch PAC twice in one night and I hate PAC.

Is this what I sound like when I say I hate the Bucks? Because I'm flabbergasted...

• Like 8
  • Haha 13

I assume if all things were "equal" backstage (meaning, two people that mutually wanted to get into it), certainly some of the blame (if not the majority) would fall on Andrade as he is the one that started the public beef by calling out Sammy in an interview in the first place. Then Sammy responded, then Andrade responded, then Sammy responded. TK also may think that as the more experienced/wiser wrestler that Andrade shouldn't have instigated a situation when there already was enough shit going on. Or TK thinks Andrade intentionally made a situation knowing Sammy was immature and would respond, hoping to get released. Just throwing out possible explanations on why Andrade was sent home but not Sammy.

That isn't excusing Sammy, between this and the incident with Kingston he clearly isn't handling situations correctly and has maturity/deescalating issues. But the idea that it is 100% his fault seems a bit unfair since Andrade insulted him publicly first, he just responded in an immature fashion.

• Like 3

Just now, just drew said:

Is this what I sound like when I say I hate the Bucks? Because I'm flabbergasted...

Yeah. I have some issues with PAC some times but that’s very strong language right there. He should show his work. 

12 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Sammy wasn't the one sent home and gets to headline Dynamite tonight.

Sammy pushed Andrade supposedly. Which, yeah, that's not "violent", but that's Sammy being the aggressor in the face-to-face situation which caused Andrade to respond. It also explains why, apparently, talent backstage are upset that Sammy wasn't punished but Andrade was.

This would be his third suspension/punishment if he was/is eventually punished. Granted the first one didn't occur under AEW's watch, but still. He's problematic.

• Like 2