DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE- 9/28/2022~!

DEAN

This episode was put together very neatly with a good flow between segments and matches, but it felt like if I liked the talking segment I didn’t enjoy the connected match or visa versa. 

Jericho and Bandido had trouble getting on the same page, but the match got good by the first PiP and ended spectacularly. 

• Like 2

They're building up Yuta and Garcia as the next guys. Bypassing the other pillars.

Commentary is better with J.R. gone and his negative rays of doom voice gone.

Another good Jericho match. "my home country of Toronto" lol.

• Like 5

Yeah the second half of that Bandido match ruled. The other matches were not very good though I enjoy a second rope piledriver. Not a great episode and I never want to see so much wwe bullshit on Dynamite again (opening and women's talking). 

• Like 4

I was pretty distracted for a lot of the show, and have to head out quickly now (both for non-wrestling related reasons) but I wanna say:

Dragon vs Magic is a natural match-up

Wearing a white mask to highlight the blood was a good choice

Hungie vs Roosh gonna be fun

I love professional wrestling!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All right.  I've given myself 35 minutes because I'm assuming there will be a lot of talking and townhalls and lots of other things that move the ratings needle.  I'm not in the demographic that anyone in show biz cares about so me fast forwarding through MJF making fun of Philly cheese steaks and then SHOOTING~! isn't really going to affect anything.  I will get to keep a few moments of my life and isn't that the important thing?  Think about it, won't you?  Thank you.  Bryan Danielson versus Daddy Magic!  The love affair between Lord Regal and Excalibur is the sweetest part of AEW episodic television.  This is like when Danielson was beating the fucking out of the Dark Order to set up Danielson versus Hangman Page.  Cool Hand Ange CHEATS!  I love that they are making it a match after Menard tapped to a chubby rapper a few days ago.  CLAUDIO!  He is beloved in Philadelphia!  That was a basic Danielson Non-Epic match so it was good.  It's Juice Robinson!  MOX is more over than Juice in Philadelphia!  Moxley looks like a man who is being denied a vacation.  I love Robinson's whiny high-pitched voice to counteract his ass stompingness.  MOX doesn't wait until picture in picture to throw Juice into the table.  This is a good crowd.  GREAT Cannonball by Juice into MOX into the barricade.  AH!  Juice waits until picture in picture to through MOX over the table so MOX caaaaaaaan... BLEED!  YES! THE RETURNING OF BLEEDING MOX!  Jon Moxley is so awesome.  Robinson looks great in this match.  Robinson goes UGLY through a chair!  JUJIGAYTOMMY!  That was good.  POSTMATCH is fun!  MJF versus Yuta is gonna be good.  They set up the ladies match which is a step in the right direction.  Deeb did something to her hair.  I love that the EVIL lumberjacks beat the crud out of Toni Storm.  EVIL!  This match is good.  JESUS!  AVALANCHE PILEDRIVER!  That was fucking crazy.  That was good.  I like them putting a little fun in the proceeding.  Matt Hardy assumes the role of Tony Khan!  Andrade assumes the role of Vince McMahon!  Who will assume the role of HHH?  They could re-sign Bobby Fish, I guess.  It's Eli Issom!  He was really pushed in the dying days of ROH.  All of this was typed after Ricky Starks Rochambeaued him.  Awesome!  SCUMBAG IAN!  Bandido is so fucking awesome.  I assume this match will rule.  JERICHOI THE BASE!  Bandido is OVER in Philadelphia!  This match makes me want to see RUSH versus Jericho.  GREATEST DELAYED VERTICAL SUPLEX!  That was preposterous.  GREAT Love Machine Splash!  STING has 14 world titles?  Jesus, Jericho takes ANOTHER bump off the apron to the floor two weeks in a row.  I think Jericho is inching past MOX as AEW wrestler of the year.  So they use the picture in pictures for separation of caidas.  Bandido definitely won the second caida.  This is like the ROH title is a Mexican title because this is like a Lucha Libre title match.  This match is fucking GREAT.  THIS MATCH IS FUCKING GREAT.  El Bandido is fucking awesome.  Chris Jericho is fucking awesome.  THIS MATCH IS FUCKING AWESOME.  JESUS CHRIST,  THAT MATCH WAS FUCKING AWESOME. (All the other matches were pretty good.  The women's match was surprisingly fun.) AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

JAS segment was too long and too much of the same. The best part was Tay actually eating the pizza. The worst part was Anna.

Yuta was better than MJF on the mic and maybe more people calling out his low-hanging fruit will motivate him to get better. It apparently motivated him to have an actual match on Dynamite so that’s something.

Was working early so wasn’t able to pay as much attention to Danielson-Menard and Mox-Juice as I would normally, but neither did enough to make me fully engage and Mox-Juice in particular didn’t really seem on the same page for most of the match. The Yuta brawl was nice, I was worried when he threw MJF into the seats and jumped on him that he could’ve seriously hurt MJF’s knee or back if he had gotten stuck.

I actually liked the women’s talking segment for the most part, it was a nice change of pace, and I thought the Storm-Deeb match was the best women’s match I’ve seen from AEW in quite a while.

Starks squash was a squash.

Main was very good, some moments took too long to set up or too obvious to set up but eventually they gelled, and Jericho took some huge moves from Bandido.

Willow-Hayter will be fun on Friday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Aaron Judge hit his 61st home run, tying Roger Maris AL record. 

If you ever find yourself asking this about a John from Cincinnati post, assume he is being sarcastic.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Aaron Judge hit his 61st home run, tying Roger Maris AL record. 

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

If you ever find yourself asking this about a John from Cincinnati post, assume he is being sarcastic.

It's a good thing I left no incriminating evidence in the MLB thread.

11 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Weird show but a 50+ Chris Jericho just gave Bandido the breakout US TV match he has been due for years and years. Jericho continues to add to his legacy in some really absurd ways. He's the first inductee in the AEW Hall of Fame by a mile.

I get a vibe that Jericho’s “this is my locker room!” bit the Wednesday after All Out had some truth to it from his perspective. He’s really taken control of the show lately and putting himself in the mix every week, and it’s good. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

So Saraya really not cleared then? They got her under a three year deal and probably pretty big money to be the women's GM? ?

You know her last run as Smackdown GM was pretty good, she only got fired because Baron Corbin was so bad at his job as RAW GM

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I get a vibe that Jericho’s “this is my locker room!” bit the Wednesday after All Out had some truth to it from his perspective. He’s really taken control of the show lately and putting himself in the mix every week, and it’s good. 

And I think it's because he's been, for the *longest* time, a guy who has frequently been reported as "not a very big fan of Paul Levesque".

But Vince loved him. Regime changes, the Jericho-goes-back-to-WWE narrative drops dead and he doubles down as the #1 vet of the AEW locker room. Yet another daring re-invention.

• Like 6