DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF - WEEK FIVE

RIPPA

47 minutes ago, EVA said:

I love that Pete Thamel’s hot boards are always so blatantly “Here’s a list of every coach whose agent has contacted me and said their guy is definitely a candidate.”

Does Thamel legit think posting a nonsense list of 15 (or whatever) names makes him look credible? 

• Like 1

In fairness to Pete, the name of that list is “Names for Georgia Tech coaching job,” so he has plausible deniability if anybody tries to call him on it. What “names”? Names of coaches that GT is interested in? Names of coaches interested in GT? Names drawn out of a hat? JUST NAMES.

• Like 2

More changes due to Hurricane Ian

Eastern Washington at Florida - moved to Noon Sunday

East Carolina at South Florida - moved from Tampa to Boca Raton, time moved up to 2:30 Saturday (was 6 pm)

Air Force of all places was slapped with two years of probation due to recruiting violations that occurred during COVID

The NCAA said the Air Force Academy and four individuals involved in the alleged violations reached an agreement with enforcement staff about penalties. A fifth unnamed individual is fighting the allegations, and his case will be resolved through an infractions hearing.

The Action Network, citing sources, reported in May that the Falcons were being investigated for hosting high school prospects on campus during dead periods in 2020 and providing them with improper benefits.

Former Falcons defensive line coach Bill Sheridan was one of the coaches involved in the investigation, according to the Action Network. Sheridan, who coached the defensive line at Air Force, resigned as Wisconsin's inside linebackers coach on May 13.

According to the NCAA, Air Force and the four individuals who didn't contest the allegations asked the Division I Committee on Infractions (COI) to publicly release the findings, so they could immediately begin serving the penalties.

The COI won't make a final ruling until the fifth individual's case is resolved.

The Falcons also will pay an unspecified fine. Recruiting restrictions include a reduction of 46 total official visits over the next two academic years; a ban on unofficial visits from Sept. 1 through Oct. 12; a four-week ban on recruiting communications this academic year; a reduction by 34 in evaluation days; and a reduction in the size of the football roster by 10 for four years.

Unspecified show-causes also were issued for the individuals involved.

On 9/29/2022 at 1:32 PM, Robert C said:

I'm really curious what "improper benefits" could even be in recruiting now.  I'm pretty sure buying a player a Coke isn't a violation in an era when Texas can safely spend just about what I paid for my house to entertain a recruit for one weekend.

And that’s still less than A&M paid for some of their players ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Oklahoma QB just got creamed while sliding, still down on the field. Doesn't look good.

Dirty hit, TCU player went headhunting with his shoulder.

2 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Dirty hit, TCU player went headhunting with his shoulder.

Definitely dirty, he can cry on the bench about it all he wants but it was a totally unnecessary hit and the exact reason the targeting rule exists. They don't always get the rule exactly right but that type of hit to a sliding QB is one of the reasons it was created in the first place.

• Like 1

I don’t think Paul Chryst is in danger of losing his job at Wisconsin this year, but the offensive ineptitude of the last 2.33 seasons combined with getting embarrassed at home by Bert Beluga today is going to make people start asking questions about what exactly he’s doing in Madison and if that’s what they want to keep doing.

Bama/ARK might be one to watch for an upset today. Bill O’Brien’s offense has not traveled well in true road games (too many damn line checks resulting in bad communication in hostile loud environments) with all but one resulting in TIGHT, one-score Bama wins.

• Like 1