DVDVR Message Board

POLL 9/17-9/23/2022- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? MAN! HERE WE GO!

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Ivy Nile/ Tatum Paxley vs Sloane Jacobs/ Erica Yan- NXT Level Up
    • Midnight Heat vs Beef Candy- CWFH
    • BK Rhythm vs Vivian Rivera- WOW
    • Adriana Gambino vs The Beast- WOW
    • Mascara Dorada vs El Serpentico- ELEVATION
    • Bobby Lashley vs Seth Rollins- RAW
    • Kevin Owens vs Austin Theory- RAW
    • Street Profits vs The Brawling Brutes- RAW
    • Rey Mysterio/ Matt Riddle vs Damien Priest/ Finn Balor- RAW
    • Alexa Bliss vs Bayley- RAW
    • Nathan Frazer vs Axiom- NXT
    • Tyler Bate vs JD McDonagh- NXT
    • Blue Panther/ Negro Casas/ Volador Jr vs Solar/ Negro Navarro/ Hechicero- CMLL
    • El Satanico/ Mephisto/ Averno vs Ultimo Guerrerro/ Gran Guerrerro/ Rey Bucanero- CMLL
    • Jon Moxley vs Bryan Danielson- DYNAMITE
    • Toni Storm vs Athena vs Britt Baker vs Serena Deeb- DYNAMITE
    • Pac vs Orange Cassidy- DYNAMITE
    • Claudio Castagnoli vs Chris Jericho- DYNAMITE
    • Shane Swerve Strickland/Keith Lee vs the Acclaimed- DYNAMITE
    • Giselle Shaw vs Hyan- IMPACT!
    • Bhupinder Gujjar vs Brian Myers- IMPACT!
    • Black Taurus vs Mia Yim vs Alex Zayne vs Trey Miguel vs Laredo Kid- IMPACT!
    • Heath vs PCO- IMPACT!
    • Aussie Open vs the Motor City Machine Guns- IMPACT!
    • Komander/ Gravity/ Argenis vs Demonic Flamita/ Yutani/ Elemental- BIG LUCHA
    • Lacey Evans vs Liv Morgan- SMACKDOWN
    • Braun Strowman vs Otis- SMACKDOWN
    • The Usos vs Ridge Holland/ Butch- SMACKDOWN
    • STING/Darby Allen vs Buddy Matthews/ Brodie King- RAMPAGE
    • Jungle Boy vs Rey Fenix- RAMPAGE
    • Matt Menard/ Angelo Parker vs Hook/ Action Bronson- RAMPAGE
    • Eddie Kingston vs Sammy Guevara- RAMPAGE
    • Samoa Joe/ Wardlow vs Tony Nese/ Josh Woods- RAMPAGE
    • Golden Ticket Battle Royal- RAMPAGE
    • Powerhouse Hobbs vs Ricky Starks- RAMPAGE
    • Mustafa Ali/ Shelton Benjamin vs Alpha Academy- WWE MAIN EVENT
    • Kazuchika Okada vs Tama Tonga- NEW JAPAN on AXS
    • Will Ospreay vs Tetsuya Naito- NEW JAPAN on AXS
    • Jade Cargill vs Diamante- RAMPAGE
    • Killer Kelly vs Tasha Steelz- IMPACT! Victory Road pre-show

I'm not quite sure who I'm voting for.  The Jungle Boy/Rey Fenix match was prolly the best match on that monstrous AEW card, but I'm trying to gauge it against Danielson/MOX and Cassidy/Pac.  If I were to go WWE, it would be between the two big NXT matches- Axiom/Frazer and McDonagh/Bate- with me leaning towards McDonagh/Bate.  If I were to go with a lucha match, I'd go with the Big Lucha main event.  If I were to go with New Japan, I'd go with Ospreay/Naito.  If I were to go IMPACT! I don't know if I would go Heath/PCO or Aussie Open vs the Motor City Machine Guns.   The best of the FRINGE matches was Midnight Heat vs Beef Candy.  I think I know what I'm voting for.

• Like 1

• DEAN pinned this topic

At the start of the week, I thought it was nearly a guarantee I'd vote for Moxley/Danielson but I can't. The wrong guy won, didn't like the running knee getting kicked out of twice, you'd have thought it was a triple threat match with the cuts to MJF and it wasn't even close to the level of the Revolution 2022 match.

Went with Tyler Bate vs JD McDonagh from NXT.

• Like 1

Man, this was a good week for wrestling.  I mean, Eddie Kingston took a Kenta Kobashi bump and Aussie Open wrestled the Motor City Machine Guns.  STING went through a table and Liv Morgan put Lacey Evans through a table.   I mean, how good was Claudio versus Chris Jericho!  How good was Nathan Frazer versus Axiom!  It was an amazing display of pro wrestling across the board. 

• Like 1

Everything was good but I don't know what was great. Attended Grand Slam and it was 5 hours where everything was B+. IMPACT was good this week, Victory Road was also super consistent but I know it doesn't count. Okada and Tonga have a great match in them, but they need a cheering crowd that thinks Tonga can win. Every time I can't make up my mind I'm just gonna vote for CMLL until I'm over it. Casas/Panther/Volador vs. Solar/Navarro/Hechicero is the old man llave quasi-spotfest you want it to be. Everyone is the motherfuckin DUDE in this one with Panther and Solar being the DUDEST. Particularly good second fall. Good finish.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

44 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Everything was good but I don't know what was great. Attended Grand Slam and it was 5 hours where everything was B+. IMPACT was good this week, Victory Road was also super consistent but I know it doesn't count. Okada and Tonga have a great match in them, but they need a cheering crowd that thinks Tonga can win. Every time I can't make up my mind I'm just gonna vote for CMLL until I'm over it. Casas/Panther/Volador vs. Solar/Navarro/Hechicero is the old man llave quasi-spotfest you want it to be. Everyone is the motherfuckin DUDE in this one with Panther and Solar being the DUDEST. Particularly good second fall. Good finish.

AWWESOME!  You actually went to Grand Slam and voted for CMLL.  That is awesome.

33 minutes ago, DEAN said:

AWWESOME!  You actually went to Grand Slam and voted for CMLL.  That is awesome.

I don't want anybody thinking it wasn't a very good show to attend. Sixteen god-bless-em quarter hour teevee segments and nothing was less than "great" - even the Battle Royal worked as a casual cooldown for the last two matches. But I truly think most of the crowd had been there last year and were afraid to get half as hot as they did for Omega/Danielson, lest they burn out. Maybe if StrickLee/Acclaimed wasn't so botchy or the MJF cutaways didn't distract from the main?

• Like 2

I saw almost nothing this week (None of the Raw matches, none of the Impact! matches, none of the Rampage matches, 1 of the Smackdown matches) but I did watch NXT and Dynamite in full, so by my woefully uninformed opinion, Tyler Bate vs JD Mc...Don...Donald...Donough...is the match of the week. Bate is such a weirdo presentation-wise with the weird theme music, chants of "Big Strong Boy" and just a goofiness that doesn't feel like a natural in a WWE/NXT setting (He'd probably fit in much more organically in AEW) but he's a solid wrestler who gets over every time. JD McDonagh feels like a star, to me. He's almost playing a supervllain character: Good-looking rich guy with a strange sado-masochistic streak running through him. He could be big, real-big, with the right booking. Oh yeah, and the match was real fun and had an airplane spin!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, caley said:

I saw almost nothing this week (None of the Raw matches, none of the Impact! matches, none of the Rampage matches, 1 of the Smackdown matches) but I did watch NXT and Dynamite in full, so by my woefully uninformed opinion, Tyler Bate vs JD Mc...Don...Donald...Donough...is the match of the week. Bate is such a weirdo presentation-wise with the weird theme music, chants of "Big Strong Boy" and just a goofiness that doesn't feel like a natural in a WWE/NXT setting (He'd probably fit in much more organically in AEW) but he's a solid wrestler who gets over every time. JD McDonagh feels like a star, to me. He's almost playing a supervllain character: Good-looking rich guy with a strange sado-masochistic streak running through him. He could be big, real-big, with the right booking. Oh yeah, and the match was real fun and had an airplane spin!

Yeah, the Airplane Spin put it over the top for me in the WWE CHALLENGE Category.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DEAN said:

Added Killer Kelly versus Tasha Steelz since I didn't know there was a Victory Road pre-show! 40 matches!  We made it to the board limit! 

Well in that case!

Badass match that had me hooked between two favorites of mine. Really solid build up to it made for great execution and a finish I didn't see coming kept both looking strong. Kelly's first somewhat longer showing in Impact vs. Tasha's first match in over 2 months and both looked great here.

Otherwise, Gujjar/Myers stood out to me as a really fun feud blowoff to a solid TV feud, very enjoyable ladder match. And all things AEW was pretty much great.

• Like 1

I took Claudio/Jericho (and though I can't cast one for her, my lady took Fenix/Jungle Boy FWIW). I was actually really, really, near-coin-flip close to going SIOG/Acclaimed, I'm pretty shocked it's not gotten one vote - maybe it was just the insanity of being there and getting sucked into every near fall and popping huge for the Lee rana and the Billy Gunn stuff. Still, I stand by my vote - 49.9999999999 to 50.0000000001

• Like 1

• DEAN unpinned this topic