DVDVR Message Board

Impact+ "Victory Road" - 9/23/22

So glad that Tasha/Kelly wasn't a squash like I worried it would be, especially when it got moved to the preshow. Like Masha/Deonna a couple weeks ago, it ended up a really awesome match instead. Great to see Tasha back in the ring after it had been a couple months now, still one of the absolute best while Kelly always shines. Thought these two worked very well together and look forward to more from both. Ended up one of my favorite matches of the night.

Speedball/Delirious was fantastic! Tons of cool counters and sequences throughout. Delirious' cobra clutch suplex looked brutal then Speedball's fire back in to the finish ruled. Speedball is the man, quickly becoming one of my favorite X title reigns. Fun MCMG tag, PCO with another wild bump on the finish.

Mickie/Gisele was excellent. Mickie has had one of her best years and continues to look great, so I wish she wasn't doing a retirement angle but I hope the Last Rodeo continues on for a good while yet. 

DEAN's favorite concept, the Triple Threat Revolver! 3 ways upon 3 ways. This had it's moments and I think the right guy won. Kazarian/Speedball feels like a fitting BFG match and has a lot of potential to be a showstealer. Kazarian's one of my all time favorite X Champs so I'll very much look forward to this with Speedball being on fire now. I like seeing Bobby Fish, I think he could be an awesome addition to the X Division/to the overall roster if he plans on sticking around.

Trios match was solid. Surprising to see Josh take the fall, so I would definitely assume now that Eddie is not winning at BFG. Jordynne/Max delivered the goods. Masha/Katch should be wild.  Main event was properly brutal and an awesome huge win for Maclin. Glad for him to get another one, great moment. Sami's Cactus tribute gear was a nice touch. 2 weeks to set up the rest of BFG, looking forward to it and hope it's an epic one. This was a very enjoyable show overall.

Victory Road full results:

Spoiler

PRESHOW:
*Bullet Club (Ace Austin, Chris Bey, & Juice Robinson) def. Shogun, Jason Hotch, & Jack Price (4:47) when Ace pinned Price after Juice & Bey used a double stomp/Rock Slide combo.

*Tasha Steelz (w/ Savannah Evans) def. Killer Kelly (9:22) via DQ when Kelly used a steel chain that Savannah brought in. Afterwards, Kelly choked out the ref for DQing her until agents Tommy Dreamer, Lance Storm, & other refs ran her off.

Impact Wrestling "Victory Road" - September 23, 2022 from Nashville, TN

*Speedball Mike Bailey(c) def. Delirious (10:11) with the Flamingo Driver to retain the X Division Championship.

*The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) def. Honor No More (Vincent & PCO) (11:18) when Shelley pinned Vincent

*Mickie James def. Gisele Shaw (12:26) after the Mickie DDT.

*Frankie Kazarian def. Laredo Kid, Alex Zayne, Mia Yim, Yuya Uemura, Trey Miguel, Black Taurus, & Kenny King (24:07) in the Triple Threat Revolver to become #1 contender to the X Division Championship at Bound for Glory
-Yim pinned Laredo after Eat Defeat
-Yim pinned Zayne with a crucifix bomb
-King pinned Yim via rollup with tights pulled
-Trey pinned Uemura
-Kazarian eliminated Trey via crossface chickenwing submission
-Kazarian pinned King after a slingshot cutter

*Bobby Fish debuted and came to the ring for a promo. Fish talked about drawing heat and controversy lately and said he's just not about the bullshit. Fish said Impact can't fire him because he doesn't work here but he has been watching. Fish says he calls out those who are not legit but the Impact locker room is full of those that are legit. Raj Singh & Shera interrupted. Fish said he didn't know who they were. They tried to attack but Fish took out both. 

*Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, & Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis) def. Josh Alexander, Rich Swann, & Heath (16:11) when Eddie pinned Josh with the Die Hard Driver

*Jordynne Grace def. Max the Impaler (w/ Father James Mitchell) (10:47) with the Grace Driver. After the match, Jordynne announced her side of Pick Your Poison would be for Masha Slamovich to face Allie Katch in a Monster's Ball next week on Impact.

-It is announced that Raven will be inducted in to the Impact Hall of Fame this year at Bound for Glory.

*Steve Maclin def. Sami Callihan & Moose (24:54) in Barbed Wire Massacre after the K.I.A. on Callihan on a barbed wire door.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Bobby Fish in IMPACT is hilarious.  It is clear he didnt want to go there but when the plan of getting Cole and O Reilly to join him was an epic fail he was screwed.  

His promo about what a "lightning rod for controversy" he's become was clownish stuff. Sometimes you swing and miss, sometimes you swing three times before Bugs Bunny's slowball even reaches the plate.

Nice show though. The Grace vs. Masha build has me hooked. Triple Threat Revolver remains a good idea. Mickie looked great.

• Like 2

They had a pre-show show!  Juice Robinson is here, is in New Japan and will be on Dynamite Wednesday!  And he's married to Toni Storm!  Robinson is keeping busy.

• Like 1