DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK THREE

RIPPA

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Joe Flacco won a Super Bowl. Cousins would get vaccinated for that

I am convinced that Flacco was replaced by an alien cyborg for that postseason. That's more believable than Joe Flacco actually being that good for four straight games. 

7 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I am convinced that Flacco was replaced by an alien cyborg for that postseason. That's more believable than Joe Flacco actually being that good for four straight games. 

Any means by which or any context in which that Super Bowl is declared invalid or to Not Count or wiped from the record as though it never happened is fine by me

all the asterisks are welcome 

Edited by BobbyWhioux

This does seem like the kind of Vikings year where they win one playoff game and then lose the next in hilarious fashion. Second best possible Vikings season behind them being absolute dog shit

e: the upshot of that is winning that one playoff game will be enough to convince the Vikes to keep Kirk around and put off developing a new QB longer. Sorry Justin Jefferson, you're a hell of a player, but I hope they absolutely waste your prime

Edited by elizium

1 hour ago, elizium said:

This does seem like the kind of Vikings year where they win one playoff game and then lose the next in hilarious fashion. Second best possible Vikings season behind them being absolute dog shit

e: the upshot of that is winning that one playoff game will be enough to convince the Vikes to keep Kirk around and put off developing a new QB longer. Sorry Justin Jefferson, you're a hell of a player, but I hope they absolutely waste your prime

This is the Cousins Connundrum.  Kirk is not good, but he's absolutely better than anyone available.  Getting rid of Kirk Cousins is like quitting your job to play the lotto.  He isn't what you want, but the odds of you getting something better are so low, you're much better off keeping him.  You know who knows this better than anyone?  Kirk.  There are only 5-10 good quarterbacks on earth at any given time, and Kirk is somewhere between 12-15.  If he was #17, you'd talk yourself into dropping him.  But he's just on the positive side of average, so he keeps getting them checks.  

Edited by supremebve
  • Like 3

Bad officiating tonight. Both The Giants & The Cowboys were screwed a couple times by just terrible PI / not PI interpretations. I know Daniel Jones isn't top tier or probably even mid tier, but it's hard not to like the guy when he's working his ass off like he was tonight. He got the shit kicked out of him all night and didn't back down.

2-0 was a fun start but it's all downhill from here lol. Especially if Shep tore his meniscus or patella tendon like it appeared on that last play. It's gonna take a few more years of roster turnover to really clear out the stink left by Gettleman. But so far I really like what I've seen of Daboll's coaching style and general approach.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tampa will be practicing in Miami all week due to Hurricane Ian

NFL still deciding what to do about the Sunday Night game

In connection with this, ESPN is reporting that the NFL probably wouldn't want to do the game in Miami because they wouldn't want to divert resources that would potentially need to be used for recovery efforts.

U.S. Bank Stadium has apparently been floated as an alternative venue because the Vikings are in London to play the Saints this week.

I mean his knee went out after the play was over just slowing down.    He wasn't even touched.  At least OBJ was making a football move in the Super Bowl.    Just shows you how fragile the leg and how unsure NFL fields are regardless of turf or fake grass 

Edited by hammerva