DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF - WEEK FOUR

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Technically there was - the old Tokamak at the Fusion Research Center was underground pretty much right under the front steps of ENS.  My father helped design the thing.  My parents pulled me out of school, in second grade maybe, to go watch part of the installation one day.  Fun stuff for a second grader to watch.  Apparently it's in China now.

Anyway, Texas doesn't need a reactor.  They've got Welch hall, which is infinitely more dangerous.

A&M has a fission reactor off of the main campus.  Some friends of mine were hanging around outside it drinking one night and got the bright idea to break into the airport next door.  They got one of the little luggage carrier cars started and were driving it out on the runways in the middle of the night.  FBI raided our dorm the next morning.  Glad I missed that.

Welch was where it was rumored to be!

9 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Welch was where it was rumored to be!

Putting a reactor in Welch would've been an invitation to global nuclear catastrophe.  Place was constantly either on fire and/or being evacuated when I was in grad school.  I was never really sure if the Austin fire department actually refused to continue responding there, or just threatened to.  

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Robert C said:

Putting a reactor in Welch would've been an invitation to global nuclear catastrophe.  Place was constantly either on fire and/or being evacuated when I was in grad school.  I was never really sure if the Austin fire department actually refused to continue responding there, or just threatened to.  

lmao, my uncle who worked at UT always advised me to give Welch a wide berth, now I know why.

UW has a lil research reactor and there was  kerfuffle a few years back when the news discovered that it wasn't secured at all and you could just, like, walk in and check it out.

• Like 1

Jalon Daniels is a Heisman trophy candidate and probably a big thing stopping him is how historical awful Kansas football has been .  Not sure if he is even top 5 now.

Not sure if this is more a slight on Michigan but this is probably Maryland's best top-tier road game since being in Big 10.   Especially after that first 2 plays.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Jalon Daniels is a Heisman trophy candidate and probably a big thing stopping him is how historical awful Kansas football has been .  Not sure if he is even top 5 now.

Not sure if this is more a slight on Michigan but this is probably Maryland's best top-tier road game since being in Big 10.   Especially after that first 2 plays.

Maryland definitely hung around and played tougher than I think people expected.

Locksley is doing a good job there.

But Blake Corum is having a hell of a day.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:42 PM, EVA said:

The Sneak Good Game of the Week That No One Will Be Able To Watch:

USC at Oregon State

Legit shocked that this was relegated to the PAC-12 Network. The Beavs are good this year, and road trips to Corvallis have long been a trap game for the Trojans. This is USC’s first real test of the season, and I wouldn’t be at all shocked if Oregon State is competitive with them or maybe even steals the upset.

*taps the sign*

On 9/22/2022 at 2:29 PM, Robert C said:

Technically there was - the old Tokamak at the Fusion Research Center was underground pretty much right under the front steps of ENS.  My father helped design the thing.  My parents pulled me out of school, in second grade maybe, to go watch part of the installation one day.  Fun stuff for a second grader to watch.  Apparently it's in China now.

Anyway, Texas doesn't need a reactor.  They've got Welch hall, which is infinitely more dangerous.

A&M has a fission reactor off of the main campus.  Some friends of mine were hanging around outside it drinking one night and got the bright idea to break into the airport next door.  They got one of the little luggage carrier cars started and were driving it out on the runways in the middle of the night.  FBI raided our dorm the next morning.  Glad I missed that.

This reminds me of the particle accelerator/collider that Notre Dame has on campus/underground.