DVDVR Message Board

Music Videos (animated)

twiztor

i didn't grow up with MTV so wasn't exposed to very many music videos. Now i'm looking for help. What videos can you think of that are completely or mostly animated?

i feel like the most famous is a-ha's "Take On Me"

but here's some others that i've uncovered.  

PLEASE SHARE MORE!!

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 1

I’d have pegged this as most famous 

are you counting all the Peter Gabriel stop motion videos like sledgehammer and big time?

are we discounting videos from animation from films, be it Disney or something like the Wall? 

Edited by odessasteps

There are so many potential split hairs in this. Does “animated” just mean cartoons, either cel or computer?  Do we count Rockit by Herbie Hancock or Land of Confusion by Genesis? Some of the Talking Heads videos? 

and Disney “music videos” could go back to Snow, White, When You Wish Upon a Star, Fantasia or Zip-a-Dee-Do-Da? 

There’s used to be a “most experimental video” category for the first couple years of the MTV awards.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV_Video_Music_Award_for_Most_Experimental_Video

i didnt remember some of these, like Boy in the Bubble from Graceland or Rough Boy by ZZ Top.

This I did remember

On 9/18/2022 at 1:34 AM, odessasteps said:

There’s used to be a “most experimental video” category for the first couple years of the MTV awards.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV_Video_Music_Award_for_Most_Experimental_Video

i didnt remember some of these, like Boy in the Bubble from Graceland or Rough Boy by ZZ Top.

This I did remember

I thought my old man memory was bad.   Boy in the Bubble by Paul Simon is arguably more relevant today than the day it was written. 

• Like 2