DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/14/2022

The Natural

FcGIQcHXgAEv4mY?format=jpg&name=small

I just hope there isn't a swerve that Garcia helps Jericho win. I don't think that will happen as I think it leads to Garcia vs. Jericho. I just really want Danielson as AEW World Champion but I've got a feeling Khan will put it on Moxley who doesn't need it. Put the top title on the best talent you have in Danielson and give the belt stability.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

I just hope there isn't a swerve that Garcia helps Jericho win. I don't think that will happen as I think it leads to Garcia vs. Jericho. I just really want Danielson as AEW World Champion but I've got a feeling Khan will put it on Moxley who doesn't need it. Put the top title on the best talent you have in Danielson and give the belt stability.

If we're going by the events of this year and Danielson's injury history, isn't Mox the choice for stability? 

• Like 5

I think the way I'd play this is...

• Danielson beats Jericho
  • MJF interferes to help Sammy win as he doesn't want to have to face Mox for the belt.
  • At Arthur Ashe, you run MJF vs Mox to make up for the fact you're not running Danielson vs Mox. Mox wins, but MJF immediately gets his heat back by having his crew just destroy Moxley before the BCC can save him. It's very important to me that Mox gets his vacation time so that's how you do it.
  • Backstage, MJF threatens to interfere again as he'd rather face Sammy than Danielson. Sammy, building off his pissy post-Rampage promo has something to prove and asks Jericho to work with the BCC to stop MJF's crew from interfering. They're on the ramp for the match when the time comes.
  • Danielson wins in a match that elevates Sammy in defeat.

Now MJF's crew immediately has matches set up with both JAS and BCC, maybe with Garcia trying to get them to work together.

But the path of least resistance is definitely Mox vs Danielson.

Moxley eventually wants to take his 6 week vacation so I guess Danielson wins it all and we're showered with a hundred different pics, gifs, and tweets once it happens. I'd rather have Moxley as champion. And anything other than Danielson vs Moxley can go fuck itself. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm with (basically) everyone, Mox vs Danielson has gotta be the Grand Slam match. But one thing I do just want to say (in a rare disagreement with @Craig H)is that even though it would be slightly disappointing, there's probably a really good story to tell with Mox and Jericho having been the first two world champions.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Moxley eventually wants to take his 6 week vacation so I guess Danielson wins it all and we're showered with a hundred different pics, gifs, and tweets once it happens. I'd rather have Moxley as champion. And anything other than Danielson vs Moxley can go fuck itself. 

JERICHO VS. GUEVARA IT IS THEN!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Gorman said:

I like how AEW is counting the WWF and WWE title reigns in these graphics. It was like when Ric Flair returned to WCW, they counted his two WWF title reigns.

Hard agree. It makes the world titles seem so much more important, like they're bigger than any one promotion. Very, very nice touch IMO. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm with (basically) everyone, Mox vs Danielson has gotta be the Grand Slam match. But one thing I do just want to say (in a rare disagreement with @Craig H)is that even though it would be slightly disappointing, there's probably a really good story to tell with Mox and Jericho having been the first two world champions.

I wouldn't mind Jericho vs Moxley, but they're already treading dangerously close to the too many rematches waters they wanted to avoid. Jericho vs Moxley was a banger and I don't doubt that the rematch would be anything less. I just don't know how much I want Jericho as champion again and I don't think Moxley should get beaten again so soon or be champion again. That leaves doing something wacky and putting the belt on Sammy, who is feeling more and more like X-Pac lately, or go with the stability of Danielson.

EDIT: And this is why I wanted Darby to go all the way. It feels like it should and could be Darby's time. It's time for him to get his win over Moxley, it's time for him to get his win over Jericho, and if it wound up being Danielson vs Darby, then that would have been fucking crazy.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You can see why they have good reason to do Sammy/Chris actually given the delayed time off and Danielson's health, plus faction member vs. faction member. But god whoever wants either of those guys to have the belt is sick in the head. 

Sammy beats Chris, Sammy loses to Mox when he returns from Vacation

Everyone wins

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

I think if you really wanna give Sammy X-Pac heat you give him the belt as a heel, but begrudgingly I have to say it might work. 

Sammy's so swarmy it makes MJF the de facto face regardless of MJF's own sleaze factor

• Like 4

Putting it on Sammy is a good way to make sure you're doing another interim tournament in a month when he hurts himself doing one of his over-the-top highspots. I still can't believe they have his botched ladder flip spot that put him on the shelf for 3 months in the opening credits.

23 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Might not be watching live as I usually do. My left hip is fucked and I have a slamming head. Going to try and get some sleep as I feel RAF.

I read this way too fast and expected @thee Reverend Axl Future to appear with a shirt that says "I Broke Natural's Hip" -- feel better man!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2