DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF - WEEK THREE

RIPPA

2 hours ago, EVA said:

Meeps are currently giving Texas the game I thought they might.

I was sweating for a bit but I have a lot more confidence in Sark to make halftime adjustments than Herman and Strong combined.

6 minutes ago, EVA said:

So a pretty big flop by Mario in his first real test at Miami. No shame in losing at A&M, but his late game management didn’t even give the Canes a chance to win.

I dunno, Appalachian State had no problem winning at A&M and even managed to score a TDA.

17 minutes ago, EVA said:

So a pretty big flop by Mario in his first real test at Miami. No shame in losing at A&M, but his late game management didn’t even give the Canes a chance to win.

Isn't that the story of his career though? Good recruiter, good at player development and gameplanning, questionable at best on the sidelines?

-------

Um... Is Stetson Bennett a legit Heisman guy now?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JLowe said:

I was sweating for a bit but I have a lot more confidence in Sark to make halftime adjustments than Herman and Strong combined.

Yeah I don't know how to feel about that.  It seems foreign.  Used to be at the first sign of adversity they'd absolutely fall apart.  When Texas is doing well I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with my hands.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

This is what losing to Kansas does to you

Story on this

Two Houston Cougars players engaged in a fight on the sideline Saturday during a frustrating, penalty-filled 48-30 loss to the Kansas Jayhawks.

"It's unacceptable, and you're not going to win games like this when you do stuff like that," said Houston coach Dana Holgorsen, whose team amassed 10 penalties for 73 yards. "And it's my job to continue to harp on that."

With 11:45 left in the third quarter and Kansas leading 28-14, after a Houston penalty, wide receiver Joseph Manjack IV approached Sam Brown Jr., also a wide receiver, on the sideline, shoving him to the ground as Brown grabbed Manjack's face mask. Teammates and staff rushed to break up the fracas.

"Manjack took it upon himself to go over there and confront Sam, which is not the right thing to do," Holgorsen said. "He was dead wrong and shouldn't have done it and knows it and felt bad about it."

Houston (1-2) finished with 446 total yards in the loss but let a 14-0 lead slip away at home against a team that will be a conference rival next season in the Big 12.

"There's plenty of blame to go around," Holgorsen said. "I got outcoached. We got outcoached offensively, defensively. Put it on me. We have a lot of work to do."

Manjack had three catches for 25 yards in the loss. Brown did not record a reception.

"Two minutes later, [Manjack] hugged it out with Sam, and those guys are buddies," Holgorsen said. "And he apologized."

He felt bad guys! Nothing to see here!

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Isn't that the story of his career though? Good recruiter, good at player development and gameplanning, questionable at best on the sidelines?

It's the story of Miami for the last 15 years. "Miami is back!" - and then they poop the bed as soon as they're tested. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1