DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 12/5

*Taped for Xplosion: Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Hernandez def. Daniels & Kazarian

*Taped for Xplosion: Chris Sabin (w/ Velvet Sky) def. Eric Young

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing December 5, 2013 from Orlando, FL

*Opening promo with Magnus and Kurt Angle in the ring hyping up their tournament semi-final. They each talk about what it will mean for them to win. Bobby Roode interrupts and speaks his case followed by Jeff Hardy doing the same which leads into their match for the first semi final..

*Jeff Hardy def. Bobby Roode in a tables match by kicking him off the apron through a table on the outside to advance to the finals of the world title tournament

*Bad Influence came out and talks about the feedback from the Joseph Park situation. They say they are here to tell the truth about Joseph with an envelope. Park comes out and stops them, saying they've won. Park takes the envelope and rips it up but nothing was in it. Bad Influence then play a video showing them at the address for Park, Park, & Park revealing that they closed 13 years ago. They call Joseph a liar and attack him until Eric Young makes the save. Young says if you knock on the devil's door too many times, he will come out and announces Young & Park vs Bad Influence for next week.

*The BroMans (w/ Zema Ion) def. James Storm & Gunner via DQ when Gunner shoved the ref for trying to stop his attack on Robbie while Storm had Jessie pinned.

*Ethan Carter III came out and said tonight he will face a man who has been in the ring with hall of famers - Earl Hebner. Earl tries to refuse but EC3 reminds him of his name and has Rockstar Spud bring out Brian Hebner to referee. EC3 forces Earl to lay down and pins him.

*Gail Kim (w/ Lei'D Tapa) def. Cherry Bomb in the open challenge. After the match, Gail & Lei'D looked to attack further but ODB made the save and ran them off.

*Magnus def. Kurt Angle in a last man standing match to advance to the world title tournament finals after Bobby Roode laid out Angle following a ref bump. After the match, Roode attacked Angle until Jeff Hardy made the save. Hardy and Magnus staredown ends the show.

• 2 weeks later...

This was just a show. Not even the Bad Influence/Park skit was all that great. I liked Kaz's line about Myspace and EY's about not knocking on the devil's door, but the rest was just stuff. Table match was fine, and the main event was good. It was really hurt by playing second-fiddle to the Dixie-Spud stuff. It felt like the beginning and ending of a great match, but with very little middle. And then there was the goofy Dixie-Spud-AJ shit at the very end. Ugh.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/12/tna-impact-12-5-13.html

Screens -

a6f676293202082.jpg

d22187293202105.jpg

fa82ae293202113.jpg

b86302293202134.jpg

ed1fd0293203610.jpg

1f8024293206997.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/gfx7l6uycayfk4t1quh6oafe8gcwu8mb

Enjoyed the tables match, Hardy's over the table Swanton ruled. Robert Irvine's quick promo like he's Gail's heel manager was funny too. Cool to see Cherry Bomb, thought she looked good while the match lasted. Still not really feeling the Magnus push and have a hard time seeing him as a real top guy.

He still feels like a TV Title-level guy to me - and that's NWA TV Title with it actually meaning something. His matches are good, not great, his promos are okay with great delivery at times, and he has flashes of greatness for just about everything, but hasn't shown he can put everything together. Maybe he'll grow into the role later - like how Roode and Storm's first singles pushes fizzled, and it took another few years for them to really get better. In Roode's case, he became a total package, while Storm was white-hot with his act and not really for his matches - which worked for him. Magnus has less steam than even Roode did in '06, and I can definitely see him getting the most overrated award in the Observer.

d22187293202105.jpg

fa82ae293202113.jpg

There's a TNA joke to be made here.

Thoughts: They really had the English guy (with his Brummie accent) ask Sting who he was, I know it was in jest from the heel standpoint, but that drew a 'really'? from me. Stings reply of 'Sting.. I'm sure you've heard my records' was great.

I know i'm probably alone in this, but Roode, Storm, Magnus and Angle would be my dream four main eventers. I'm really behind Roode these days, wasn't always it must be said. But I think he's just terrific now. Since he got his haircut after his turn he just had it.

I wouldn't say he is overrated, no one really talks him up, at least around here. Nothing this year with him has been awful.

I don't post in TNA threads often, but when I do it's gushing my love for Magnus the Marvelous. The embodiment of the perfect man.