DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sid just looks like a star. Some dudes just got "it" and Sid is one of those guys. He always seemed like a cool dude, even when he was in the horsemen he had these little mini feuds with Motor City Madman, Big Cat and the Nightstalker and he was over like a MF. Sid rules.
  3. This is a good move though. I've wanted them to do this for a while. Just a little bit of noise makes a huge difference.. plus, the way AEW has had the fans interact with the talent Pineapple Pete and all that, it's great.
  4. Hopefully this spells the end for JD From NY. That mark has a huge following.. disgraceful that any fan would want to be aligned with him and his channels. There are way too many "JD's" in the wrestling community.
  5. Jericho was 49 years, 6 months and 13 days old when he wrestled on Friday night. When Hogan fought Rock at Mania 18 - he was 48 years, 7 months and 6 days old.
  6. I definitely think there has to be a distinction between talent that is genuinely *developed* by the NXT/Performance Center system and experienced talent that already knows what they’re doing but gets shined up by being pushed on NXT TV. Because these are very different things. Going back to Asuka for an example, NXT didn’t develop her, but she clearly benefitted from being pushed as an ace on NXT for a year prior to going to the main roster. (That said, there doesn’t really seem to be an consistency, as far as “push on NXT=you’re instantly over on the main roster.” Plenty of pushed NXT acts are met lukewarmly on the main roster.) I think the issue, long-term, is that if you look at the recent history of NXT, their “success” stories have come far more from the latter category than the former (especially on the men’s side). So...what’s the point of throwing huge amounts of money into the actual developmental system if it’s not working? There’s a significant problem with developmental that’s being covered over by all the Indy signings they’ve done over the past few years. And you have to lay that at the feet of the guy who engineered the whole thing.
  7. WWE may be going the AEW route having some PC members and NXTers in the crowd starting tonight. https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/report-nxt-pc-talent-acting-fans-wwe-raw-smackdown-311801
  8. The NPB will resume play on June 19 120 game season. Play every team in your league 24 times No fans. No interleague. No All Star Game
  9. I think if we replaced "NXT" with "WWE Performance Centre" the conversation would be a little clearer.
  10. Guest appearance at the end. I had to skip through the SCU and Hardy bits, though I did laugh at "he kinda looks like Ruby Riot."
  11. To claim "did NXT make difference makers?" is a hard road to claim as well. To say "no, NXT didn't have anything to do with making this star" is to say "the star could have been signed, the day after their signing plopped on the main roster in an immediate main event angle, and absolutely nothing would have changed." Of the NXT wrestlers the only wrestlers who could have done that were Drew McIntyre and Shinsuke Nakamura- and as I said, in McIntyre's case some reps as a main eventer needed to happen to make it possible to see him as a main event player and not a failed experiment. Even then, though, if the people NXT made don't count as difference makers, it just shows another problem: If just making top names doesn't make a difference maker, then you have to accept that being a true difference maker is effectively random. NO ONE can make a difference maker, because ultimately the only people who'll make a difference are people who attract the attention of non-fans (not even a smark vs. casual debate, but who makes someone who has no interest in wrestling say "I want to see what this person's about.') Looking at the people who did that- there's no common thread except their own success. There was blue-chip prospects like Rock and journeymen like Austin, there were wrestlers who could be considered one of the best on the planet like Daniel Bryan and wrestlers who didn't know a wristlock from a wristwatch like Hogan, wrestlers who were rising stars taken over the top like Punk and people at the tail end of their career like Cena...there is no one formula to determine who will change the game.
  12. What? You don’t believe Lexi Kaufman normally walks around saying things like “How dare you, sir”?’ i’m assuming it is not a work but the tweet isn’t worded like something i’d expect a real person to say in 2020.
  13. Today
  14. So DZ has started spamming the shit out of this thread too huh?
  15. Rambo Sakurada VS Konga the Barbarian '85.10.11
  16. They came out with the rules which were a little stricter than what was originally announced. Still no shows to be held until June 18th. This goes for Korakuen Hall or Shin-Kiba. 2AW Square can still run in front of no one because they are owned by 2AW and they can run as many shows as they want/rent it out to other promotion as long as crowds are not there. June 19th to July 10th you can run a show anywhere you want but no still no one in attendance. So expect to see those empty Korakuen Hall/Shin-Kiba shows again then. July 11th you can run shows with people as long as the building is smaller than 5000 seats and the crowd is half the size of the building (150 or so for Shin-Kiba/900-1000 allowed for Korakuen) August 1st you can run a building 5,000 seat or more as long as it is half filled.
  17. Referee Match - Nick Patrick (WcW) vs Earl Hebner (WWF)
  18. I give him 3 years before he’s a writer for the WWE. Given all the stuff I’ve heard about Russo recently, and how he got his job. Edit: Actually this feels like a work. Alexa’s tweet comes off as in character.
  19. The "lifelong pro wrestling fan" in me sees that Harbaugh anecdote and says that the natural progression should be that the NCAA says they will accommodate Harbaugh's request...but only if he can beat Ohio State the next time they play.
  20. Which one of the four from yesterday would you describe as an "awesome" person? Awesome athletes, for sure, but some pretty bad human beings in that four-ball yesterday. That being said, networks/sports channels should definltely be doing this. All live sports are pulling great ratings right now, so jump on it.
  21. For anyone who doesn't want to click the link, here's the tweet that kicked things off:
  22. The one match that would have been stranger than Tenryu vs Brooklyn Brawler.
  23. Alexa Bliss is trending on Twitter. Apparently, she's involved in some sort of dustup with a Youtuber. https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2020/05/25/wwe-superstars-call-out-wrestling-media-personality-for-harsh-comments-about-alexa-bliss/#4d21ada63250
  24. I haven't watched any MMA basically since LFA, etc. got booted from AXSTV, but I saved this card on the DVR to come back to later... and it was one hell of a card. Those were great fights all the way down the line and a little something for everyone (and a batch of blood for all), plus it was funny watching some fighters play to a nonexistent crowd. My favorite fight was probably Yadong/Vera. Bad sportsmanship on faking out the handshake, Vera. C'mon man. And yeah you could tell Alistair didn't want to finish off Walt after Walt gassed himself out almost beating him, that felt like somebody taking the dog out back to get shot. I would have already stopped the fight if I was the ref but that's just me.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?