DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. A quick Google (Was curious myself) says it's believe she injured her shoulder when Liv threw her into the wall last week...but with the state of wrestling nooz this could just be a guess, bizarre attempt at kayfabe or AI-generated so who even knows?!
  3. Let's go to Peacock and watch some wrestling in preparation for tomorrow/Tuesday night's Dark Side of the Ring World Class Championship Wrestling (5/14/1988) Match 1: Black Bart vs Sweet Brown Sugar Skip Young. Gotta admire the batshit insanity of diving to the floor at the Sportatorium. A Headscissors allows Mark Lowrance to remind us of the promotion's main feud where Michael Hayes is teaming with the Von Erichs. I understand why they mentioned Black Bart is a former World champion but man, that was a bleak period. They also mention that they've moved the hard camera. Black Bart wins with a legdrop off of the second rope. Let's go back to Texas Stadium for the Parade of Champions and boy that place does not look all that full. Black Bart tries to hang Bill Irwin. Kerry beats Iceman King Parsons for the title. They find a large group of fans to film. Jack Victory and John Tatum have some words for the Simpsons. John Tatum looks like he's going through a midlife crisis. I guess Jimmy Garvin has been gone long enough for John Tatum to use "It wasn't our fault" We go back to Texas Stadium for more clips from Parade of Champions. This time it's the triple cage match. Meanwhile Steve Simpson just took some Freebird Hair Cream in the eyes. Hey, an ad for Starburst. Michael Hayes brings it on promos at least. Match 2: Hollywood John Tatum and Jack Victory vs The Missing Link and Jason Sterling. I have no idea who the fuck Jason Sterling is. Jason Sterling looks like a tiny Peter Brady with Mike Brady's curly hair. He's also in jungle trunks. Missing Link and Jason Sterling have a lady friend. Sterling hitting dropkicks and getting fired up. Jack Victory towers over Jason Sterling and Jack Victory is billed at 6'3. Holy hell Tatum and Victory just tossed Sterling over the top rope like they were throwing a bag of trash into a trash truck in a spot that nobody should show Darby Allin. Going to CageMatch and Jason Sterling worked as Dewey Robertson Jr, so basically he's Mark Ragin to Link's The Destroyer. Heels win with a doubleteam hot shot on Sterling. And it's time for our main event.. Chris Adams vs Terry Taylor. Chris Adams has a facemask. Amazing Terry selling of a superkick to the gut. Adams no sells a headsmash on the table and then headbutt's Terry which he sells like he's being faith-healed by Benny Hinn. Mark Lowrance trying to find ways to justify why Bronko didn't count them out. The Mask comes off for a moment which means it's time for Terry to get hit by the mask. Lots of crowdshots because if you've stuck with this promotion into 1988, you deserve TV time. Commercial break and we return on the outside. Terry Taylor counters an piledriver attempt by finding the nearest stairs and sitting on them. Lowrance will keep mentioning how Bronko won't count these guys out like we don't know Bronko counts slow. Taylor starts working on Adams' injured hand, so he has multiple on-screen injuries. Nice taunting by Terry during a wristlock. That chinlock really shows us that Chris Adams is wearing a catchers mask. I think Terry just did a version of the Ric Flair/Tommy Young spot with Bronko. Mike George and Masa Chono run in for the DQ. Mike George is a Central States guy who has the physique of Meat Loaf. Chono accidentally hits Mike George with a leg lariat and eats a Superkick from Chris Adams. Terry Taylor flees with Chris Adams following. Well that was an hour of wrestling alright. Terry Taylor putting the work in for that one.
  4. Today
  5. Have they specified what Rhea's injury is? If she worked hurt with Becky then that's even more impressive. As much as I like her and it sucks she has to drop it and miss a chunk of time, there really didn't have any new credible challengers set up. Everything going into the Sami/Gable match was fantastic, though when it ended I just thought the two of them had a better match in them. With more of an angle and an actual heel/face dynamic put into it I think they've got a really hot program on their hands.
  6. Detroit with a miracle comeback to beat Montreal in OT and stay alive in the playoffs.
  7. Rhea having to vacate the belt sucked, but I did enjoy them tying it into Liv's attack from last week along with Liv's later backstage interview. Not sure they really go with a Liv heel turn, but I'm definitely curious to see how things shake out. I assume Rhea comes back no sooner than Summerslam since they had her vacate. Sheamus/Ivar was pretty solid as expected. Nice return for Sheamus. Dug the post match celebration with Pat and Cole. The presentation of the new tag titles to Awesome Truth was fun. You could tell having an idea of what was to come HHH still wasn't sure what words would eventually come out of Truth's mouth. He clearly had to hide his chuckling a couple of times. Was nice to see this lead into the DIY vs. New Day vs. Creeds. The match was good, and I'm pleased DIY came out on top. Ivy/Maxxine vs. Indi/Candace was surprisingly decent. Maxxine is slowly improving. Was nice to see Indi finally make her choice in wanting to be a horrible winner or kind hearted loser. Andrade/Dom was solid though it felt like it could have been stronger. Post match attack was expected, but it was nice to see Ricochet make the save. Was also nice to see him do it without his music. KC Squared vs. Chelsea/Piper was alright. Nia Jax's promo as solid and felt like a hint of Jade or someone new potentially being moved over to Raw. Cody's promo was alright. Dug that it led into Jey/Finn which was a pretty solid match. The post match beating leading to Jey's escape and catching up with Sami was neat. Loved Sami's entrance through building and hyping up the crowd the whole time. Sami/Gable was a damn good match. Gable's heel turn post match was unsurprising, but I loved how they did it as gave a false sense that it maybe wasn't going down. that final shot with Gable having Sami in the ankle lock was perfect. The matches were generally solid, but it was the triple threat tag and Sami/Gable that really stood out as something worthwhile here. Rhea dropping the belt sucks on many levels, but this also feels like a good chance for them to reset the division a bit. Rhea was almost too strong as champ, and they really never figured out how to raise many of the other women's profile due to Rhea's heel-face status messing things up. I think only Nia really got much out of it. Feels like now they have a shot to realign things. Still not sure if anyone else can really build themselves up to the next level without some sort of character change. Will be interesting to see. The entire sequence from Cody's promo to the end of the show was kind of amazing with the matches and segments bleeding into each other perfectly from story connectivity point. HHH has been doing a nice job of this, but the production changes in particular add so much more and make it all feel more alive. The episode was solid even before all of that, but that final hour carried it to something good.
  8. This was a good episode of RAW. Sad to see Rhea have to vacate the title. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and she's out for an extended time from it. The bit with Truth and Triple H was funny. I don't think Triple H expected to start cracking up which made it funnier when Truth called him Ciampa. The ensuing tag match was really good. The Creed Brother's are monsters. I'm bored of all things New Day so I'm glad they didn't win. DIY vs. Awesome Truth should be a fun match. I'm not sold on the new tag title belts, but they are an improvement over the old ones. At least they didn't bring back the copper ones that looked like giant penny's. Dominik vs. Andrade was all right. Saw the post match beat down coming a mile away. Ricochet with the save so that gives him something to do. Jey vs. Finn was a good match as well. I liked the post match beat down of Jey only for it to look like Damien didn't want them to do it. The shot of Jey going through the crowd in the mezzanine was fantastic. It's really amazing how experimental the WWE is getting with camera tracking shots. I loved how it led right to Sami and his epic walk through the crowd. Just fantastic. Speaking of fantastic, we got a hell of a match with Sami and Gable. Sami is just so good and so is Chad. I loved the ending and I suspected a heel turn from Chad was coming and the way they did it with Chad literally ripping Sami from his wife's arm's at ringside was amazing. Earlier in the night they had Chad training with The Creed Brothers. Could that be a stable in the future? I hope he doesn't ditch Otis. Otis dropping the comedy and going serious would be some fun stuff if he was the killer of that group. Overall a good episode.
  9. Movies today.... Norte: The End of History (Mubi leaving on Thursday, watched this off and on over the weekend and today) The Zookeeper's Wife (Netflix, leaving after today) Horse Money (Mubi, leaving after Thursday)
  10. Yeah that Jey->Sami->Crowd tracking shot was unbelievable. The thing we’ll remember from this show for a long time.
  11. Chris Jericho has apparently trademarked “Jericho Vortex”
  12. Preach! I unashamedly lost my mind when the song played. And I'll gladly echo all that Greggulator said because holy fuck all the Sami related stuff ruled so hard.
  13. Yes, that’s exactly it. I assumed @BloodyChamp was hitting the heavy bag and taping every time. Wraps are far easier in that scenario. But shooting darts, no idea. I got nothin’. Also, it’s not just to cushion your knuckles. The tightness keeps you from breaking your hands or wrists. Punching is not good for you.
  14. Yeah, I was bracing for Jey to get got, too! It was such an awesome touch for Jey to be the one to get us to Sami considering the importance they have both had to each others careers and to the Sami/Roman match in particular. It even had that little element of surprise that comes from these new staging techniques they are using and we don’t know how they’re going to be used yet. The last shot of the camera looking up at Chad Gable doing the ankle lock on the top rope was just some really good Film Making 101 and the usage of a subjective camera angle to make Gable look even stronger.
  15. Also... this is going to be a thing. QR code during the tag match. Puzzles on the web. etc. The Twitterati think it's Alexa Bliss. But the symbol they showed was a indicating a duo as it was the symbol for noted binary planetoid Pluto & Charon. (Unless it's something like Alexa and Nikki Cross, but... eh.)
  16. While the trope of an outside attack will probably never die, I'd like to point out what an incredibly pleasant surprise it was for Jey to find Sami outside. I was 100% convinced he was going to walk out to a thumb to the throat and a Tama Tonga beatdown. And as Gregg put it, there's definitely a few boys and girls in the crowd that will love this thing forever. Hell, I fully expect 10-15 years from now hearing some new wrestler say how they were there when Sami came through the crowd. Triple H Forever!
  17. Everything from when Jey handed the baton off to the credits running with Chad wrecking Sami’s ankle in front of his wife was as perfect as professional wrestling gets. The aforementioned entrance to a banger of a match to Gable snapping. You really don’t get moments like that too often.
  18. Gable as a killer is going to be amazing and I can't wait.
  19. The Raw tags were renamed, to the World Tag Team Championship. Black and gold belts. The Smackdown tags are the last of the colored straps belt for the men to be changed.
  20. Sami shakes hands with James Randi post match, goes to his wife, and there's the Chad Gable heel turn
  21. The Sami entrance from him at the front of the building until the commercial break was one of the best 90 seconds in Raw history. Such a beautiful shot that really captured why we are wrestling fans — the utter joy that comes from watching someone like Sami. There’s at least one kid who saw that tonight and is now a lifelong rasslin’ fan. Hot damn that was just something else.
  22. Oh. My. God. I took a break from playing just because I felt like shit after my accident and then we went to see the eclipse and the next day we went to one of those water park hotels. The rest of the week last week was spent going to rehab and searching for a new car. So it felt nice to have a break from the game. Then I come back to it today and just when I think it can't get any more annoying, and I'm in chapter 12...
  23. I spent so many hours replaying it when I got notified I was being layed off and basically had nothing to do for 3 months. I can't see myself sinking a ton more time into it again, but it should be good for a bunch of new players coming to it after watching the series.
  1. Load more activity