DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Elysium (leaving Netflix on Sunday) - Big dumb sci-fi movie with Matt Damon where he does action movie things. The intro scene of Elysium had me wondering where the "Press Start" button was (because it literally looked like a video game). The premise is at least different enough to be interesting, although it's not very filling as a movie. California Split (leaving Netflix on Sunday)
  3. Remember us talking about how New Jack told Knobbs he couldn't wrestle, got in an argument and hit him? Knobbs told us that Leslie was bad.
  4. I forgot it was Opening Day so I drove by BW3 and it was packed at 1430 on a Thursday and I suddenly thought I'd missed the first week of March madness.
  5. Their powers are more or less the same although Mystique heals faster and can likely live longer via deaging herself (she is 100+ like Logan). Basically she is a lot more skilled, and Morph's abilities may just not be able to reach as far in general.
  6. How long was Steve Austin actually the Ringmaster? I don't remember him actually being the Ringmaster as long as WWE or Austin makes it seem. He didn't become Stone Cold until maybe a month before DiBiase left. He was carrying the Million dollar championship around until WrestleMania 12 but he wasn't the Ringmaster. Was he the Ringmaster after the Royal Rumble? I think that was the last time he wore green trunks or any other color trunks that wasn't black. I don't think he was the Ringmaster past the first few tapings he was on.
  7. I think Richard's opinion about that gimmick was about as humorless as his face looks there.
  8. Mike Trout smashed a homer in his first AB to give the Angels a 1-0 lead. ... No other starter had a hit as Baltimore won 11-3.
  9. Knowing Little Richard, I think his reaction would be the opposite of that. More like, "Why do they got this motherfucker dressed up like a thrift store version of me?" Doesn't also help it's an Italian dude from Buffalo cosplaying as a black dude.
  10. Today
  11. I believe someone also shouted: "Get over it, bro!" Not as bad, but when a guy mentions all of that and I believe also that his parents passed away in close proximity as mentioned in this episode, it's rough stuff. What made it surreal is the fans didn't know how to process this cause he was again off tv for several months and always presented as a certain goofball character (and now in 1993, a character from the past). When Bryan and Vinny were doing the Raw episodes from 1993-1994, as they mentioned, he's doing this all as Brutus Beefcake. Not as Ed Leslie. The guy who has had tights with part of the ass cheeks cut out is talking about his real life issues as this character in 1993 cartoon WWF. It doesn't help that I believe Vince gave the introduction that this big time legend was coming back to the WWF and then out walks BRUTUS "THE BARBER" BEEFCAKE. Lets you know how tough the next few years would be if that's a legend. And then he's out there trying to integrate it into a storyline where he's issuing an open contract challenge and the fans couldn't care less. It's wild.
  12. "Old Man Yells at Cloud" rant from me: I don't get/like recent fashion changes over the past couple of years. Short and boxy cuts on tops that make people look like they're wearing a tarp; floods-like cuff hems on pants; loud patterns on shirts; dumpy sweatshirts/sweaters; haircuts that look like they were self-administered with a butter knife; wispy mustaches. Everyone looks like shit.
  13. Because my dad decided to randomly delete my set recording I missed the first 2/3 of NXT and waited until today to catch the stream and what I got on my DVR. Dijak/Spears was solid though it felt weird seeing Dijak bust out the flying for a guy of Spear's size and caliber. He also seemed to fuck up Spear's knee on that first dive. I hope Dijak is smarter about picking his moments for this stuff in the future. Thea/Jazmyn was pretty decent with Nyx mostly handling herself well and getting in a decent showcase. Dug the post match brawl with Jacy, Izzi, Kiana, Kelani, and Fallon. Hope whatever big tag is getting built happens at Stand & Deliver. The women earned the spot with the work everyone has put into the division the past year. Lola/Nattie was mostly solid outside a few awkward pauses that I assume comes from two people not being used to each other. Don't dislike the idea of Nattie back in NXT. Always thought she moved on too soon during her last visit. Ilja/Stacks was good fun. Kind of like Stacks' goal mainly being there to maim Ilja and add a weak point for Tony to attack in the coming title match. Briggs/Duke was another solid match though I wish Duke had won. Briggs still does little for me and feels like he would be better cast as a heel. I did like Oba announcing the NA title match a triple threat. Femi feels like the exact type who would welcome the challenge opposed to usual champ being pissed over it. The Roxanne & Trick/Melo vids were great and did a fine job of building their respective matches. Lyra's vid was less good. It wasn't bad, but it continues to push how out of place Lyra feels as a face. Lyra came across as pretty damn arrogant in her vid, especially as she tried to paint her situation as black and white when Roxanne kindly rightly called Lyra out for dodging a proper defense against her after Vengeance Day. Roxanne had lyra beat twice that night and was blatantly screwed both times. As much as Roxanne is killing it as a heel I do still think they would have been smarter to turn Lyra instead. Could have easily had her manipulating Tatum. WolfDogs vs. Alpha Academy was damn good stuff as expected and MOTN. Still amazes how well Corbin and Bron mesh as a a team and personalities in general. Enjoyable matches and segments with some standouts in the promo vids for S&D and the main event. Good show.
  14. AJP 2011 [Forbidden Encounter] Yuji Nagata/Jushin Thunder Liger VS Minoru Suzuki/Masakatsu Funaki《2011/3/21》All Japan Pro Wrestling Battle Library https://youtu.be/yvNjMCWBa_U?si=yrwYwaCNtTgNIS_B I watched the match live years ago. It's short.
  15. They dropped the ball bigtime by not mentioning the 1993 televised in-ring interview prior to his big Wrestlemania comeback match, where he poured out his heart RE head collapse, divorce and apparent end of career, before saying something like "I didn't know what to do", only for a particularly compassionate fan in the crowd to yell "Kill yourself!".
  16. Agreed stood out to me as well, one of my favorite moments from the match
  17. He's still doubling down on it, too.
  18. obviously the main heel on Speed should be a guy who wins the Speed title and then resolves to retain it over and over with time limit draws
  19. It looks like Little Richard is trying to figure out when he took that picture. “When in the hell did I do this?”
  20. That led me to the transcript of him arguing with his wife and it's absolutely vile. How he ever got work again is beyond me, but there he is in Machete Kills for example. Shame on you Rodriguez.
  21. Invest in tinfoil futures as thousands of fans reinforce their hats for this one
  22. I saw someone say it happened during their match at Clash 9. But I just watched the end and didn’t see anything. Maybe more investigating.
  23. BTW - might as well mention since she has been brought up Bill Maher is launching a podcast network and his first hire was Steele That clip was literally from her first show
  1. Load more activity